CD Newbie

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by davidmz1973, 13 August 2007 Social URL.

1. davidmz1973

davidmz1973 Member

Hi, everyone,

I'm going to see my CD counsellor this evening. Then I'll be starting on SS tomorrow morning. I'd be really grateful for any moral support or advice anyone can give me.

Thanks,

David.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. myrtlemoo

myrtlemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.81%)
    Good luck David!!! I'm half way through week 4 and feeling great - keep posting on here for any advice and encouragement you need, the daily thread is particularly good.

Take care

Trudz xx :cool:

4. davidmz1973

davidmz1973 Member

Thanks, Trudz,

I'll certainly take your advice. I think it's important to keep in touch with other people who are in the same boat. I've been meaning to do this for ages, but it's only now that I've plucked up the courage to do it. I'm currently 15 st 3, and my target weight's 13 st.

5. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Good Luck David. CD is the best diet ever and although it needs 100% commitment the results are fabulous if you stick with it. The first few days are very hard so you need to be mentally prepared for that. Once you get through the first week you will be flying.

6. myrtlemoo

myrtlemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.81%)
    That is soooo doable - I've a lot more to lose than you but (fingers crossed) after weigh in on Wednesday I should have nailed the first stone.

Well done on starting your CD journey and we're always here to give a kick up the posterior if required lol!!

Trudz xx

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Good luck David. You are in exactly the same position as I was last week and I'm now on Day 7. You will find plenty of useful info on here and everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Any questions along the way just holler!

Georgie
    x

8. davidmz1973

davidmz1973 Member

You lost 29 lbs in your first four weeks? That's very impressive. I need to lose about 31 lbs in total, but I'm in this for the long haul and I've certainly tried to prepare myself mentally for the first few days.

9. myrtlemoo

myrtlemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.81%)
    Wannalose is my inspiration David - she has done fantastically well! You sound like you're in the zone and ready to tackle this head on - well done you!

Trudz xx

10. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    THank you David.

I started out with 8 stone to lose though so it was bound to come off quickly at the start. I have only lost 11lb in the last 4 weeks but that is my own fault as I have been picking.

You are guaranteed a stone a month if you stick to it so you will be at target in around 2 months.

11. davidmz1973

davidmz1973 Member

Thanks Georgie,

I've been very encouraged by the stories of some of the folks on here. I'm absolutely determined to do this and I know that I can do with lots of support and encouragement. Failing that, my girlfriend will kill me if I don't. No, seriously, she's been very supportive.

12. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    hello david and welcome to cd, this diet is fab!!! the site is great lots of support advice and encouragement can be found here, as trudz has said the daily thread is good. good luck with ur weight loss journey u will b at goal in no time at all if u stick to it 100%, be sure to keep us updated with how ur getting on and just post if u need any help and remember to drink plenty of the good old water!!

13. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi and welcome.

You will have the weight off in no time, the diet is great and works!!

14. carebear1

carebear1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celeb slim
    Hi and welcome david!

15. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
  16. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    good luck with ur cd journey.

17. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    [​IMG]

to this great site and start yourself a diary. It will motivate you and is great to look back on. Good luck.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. davidmz1973

davidmz1973 Member

Just had my last proper meal. Good Lord, I feel like a condemned man. :( Well, the main thing is that I didn't pig out; I ate some healthy steamed chicken and vegetables. One thing's for certain: I'm not going to back out now.

[​IMG]

20. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood

That's the spirit! Good luck on your journey, you'll have that couple of stones off in no time.:)

21. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

Welcome David

You will be slim and trim in no time at all. Just stick with it and when you feel abit low or your motivation is flagging, log on and somebody will always be here to get you back on track.

Keep us updated

22. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [​IMG]

Welcome to minimins David you're in good hands on here plenty of advice & loads of support. Keep posting as offen as possible it really does help. Good luck with your CD start, look forward to reading your posts & hearing you shrink!.....xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.