CD SS - my losses are slowing......

bedazzled1980

Hi all,
I'm now in my 7th week of SS'ing and havent cheated one little bit.
My last couple of weeks have been disappointing 2lbs then 3lbs.
Starving myself for a whole week i really need to be losing more to keep up the motivation to carry on!!!
I know i shouldnt compare myself to others and in total its nearly 2 stone gone but only losing that little every week is getting me down :cry:
Any thoughts???
Thanks guys xxx

Ive been thinking the same thing, it really is dissapointing when u think about how little calories we are having :(
But my CDC told me to drink more ect but its sooo hard.....if u hear any tips chuck them my way lol! x

when it comes to increasing ur water intake, i have 2 methods to keep my water intake up.
1) everytime i go to the toilet i force myself to drink a glass of water (1/2 pint) before i leave the bathroom.
2) i make 1 pint jelly using gelatine and cambridge water flavouring. the pint of water used in making the jelly is included in the daily water intake.
i hope this helps.

Mmmm jelly!!! i will have to try that 1!!! :)

2-3lbs of pure fat loss guaranteed every week is still fantastic and a lot more than you'd get on WW, SW etc. I think we get a bit unrealistic as time goes on with CD and keep thinking back to Week 1 which does us no favours.

Do you exercise at all? The recommendations are at least 30 minutes of moderate (where you feel slightly warm and breathless) exercise daily (can be 3 x 10 minutes). That can help with sustaining loss.

As for water .. have you tried making your shakes up to a pint? I make mine up to 600mls and it makes no difference to the flavour that I find. (e.g mint choc blended with 300mls cold water and 8-10 ice cubes)

Did you do your AAM week? Sometimes If I've missed this my losses have slowed, and a AAM week kickstarts me. Good luck x

nicki9 said:
Did you do your AAM week? Sometimes If I've missed this my losses have slowed, and a AAM week kickstarts me. Good luck x

Add a meal week isn't until week 12

Add a meal week isn't until week 12

Was just about to say that Kes.

The weight loss will come and go - My CDC says to just always focus on the total loss and not the individual weeks. All sorts of things can affect it - TOTM, feeling stressed, not eating enough water, hitting a plateau - even the weather! The beautiful thing about this diet is that if you stick to it 100% it cannot fail to work - just keep focussing on that and it will all balance out. 3 weeks ago I had 2 weeks of only losing 3 lbs (which would be a celebration on other diets!) and was getting a bit despondent, then I looked at how much I had lost in total and stopped getting wound up about it and then lost 6 lbs the following week -My CDC was really shocked as she honestly din't thing losses like that would happen this far in!

So stick with it - don't use the lower losses as an excuse to derail - and keep coming on here - I couldn't be doing it without all the help/support/friendship I have had on here.

AAM week used to be every 5th week the first time I did CD, and my losses didn't drop down. Last time I found waiting until I'd done 12 weeks meant that halfway through my losses dropped right down to 2-3lbs sometimes I'd have 1lb losses which is disheartening and it completely derailed me.

So I've decided after a break from CD to do it the same way I did it the first time - AAM every 5th week. I'm only on day 5 so I'll have to see how it works!

jfryyyy said:
Maybe your metabolism has slowed right down? I know AAMW is supposed to combat that but not everyone's metabolism is the same so maybe yours has slowed already??

J

This is exactly what my CDC said, sometimes the 12 weeks is too long for some people and their metabolism slows down before the AAMW (mine does). The AAM kick starts your metabolism again, so might be worth chatting to your CDC about bringing it forward and not waiting the full 12 weeks.

Hello everyone thank you for all your replies and kind words.
Wow i thought i was being really good doing the whole 12 weeks - never crossed my mind that AAM for a week before then would be more beneficial than waiting!!! I will see what my loss is this Friday and if it is 3lbs or less i'm gonna talk to my CDC about doing it now (i would have been doing it a full 7 weeks by then)

Re water, yes i make my shakes upto 400ml so bit more than normal and i drink 5 pints a day. I have my meals about 4 hours apart and i go swimming twice a week!! So im trying to do everything right :)

Thanks again, together we'll all get there!! And happy valentines everyone - no meal out tonight, just the cinema and a big glass of water!!!!!!!!!!
xx

you're doing everything right maybe it's just your body trying to catch up with your losses or rebelling lol. come friday if it is low then you might need to either up the water more, do AAMW. are you having bars as that can slow things down for some people who are more carb sensitive. my shakes are always a pint :D and i drink a pint before i have my shake so it fills me up. i then practically continuously drink something all day long. coffee, water etc etc

Nikki I'm going to ask a really stupid question here but how many mls are in a pint? I'm a metric girl lol.

just saw this.. 578mls in an imperial (UK) pint.

Goreygirl said:
just saw this.. 578mls in an imperial (UK) pint.

Thanks GG I am a bit thick when it comes to things like that ;)

I thought it was 568ml in a UK pint?

depends on the formula you convert from .. whether from fluid ounces or litres etc and whether you round up or down from that formula.

There tends to be 3 different usual answers.. 568, 578 and 600mls .. I just tend to go for the one in the middle

Goreygirl said:
depends on the formula you convert from .. whether from fluid ounces or litres etc and whether you round up or down from that formula.

There tends to be 3 different usual answers.. 568, 578 and 600mls .. I just tend to go for the one in the middle

Any of them will do for me, I don't make my shakes up with that much water I only use 350mls and was trying to work out how much less I was having. Trust me to start a controversy :D

Back