CDC question

buffydog

Silver Member
Hi,
I`m currently driving a 2 hour round trip to see my cdc and was thinking about becomming one myself.
I`m working at the moment and wouldn`t beable to do both i dont think.
Before i ask my cdc about it, i was wondering whether you can make enough money to only work part time or maybe not at all.
Has any of you given up work to become a full time cdc?
Thanks in advance

Alot of cdcs do work fulltime doing this but one thing you have to remember you dont become a cdc and suddenly have 40-50 people the next day, it takes time to build business up and that means low income to start with and outlay on building your stock up. Also this business as with any self employment can be excellant one week and dive the next when people cancel ect so something to bare in mind if you are the only breadwinner in house

Ask your cdc for some advice and she/he can give you some figures to work on x

julesrush
cdc norwich

But you do need to pay for the starter business pack... Plus the initial investment in stock.
Ive been counselling for a few months now (since June) and have barely broke even.
Im not grumbling as I LOVE IT and am not in it for the money, its a fab job and i just adore my dieters and seeing them succeed.
I am lucky my OH is the main breadwinner otherwise i would be in debt!!!!
It is most def not a job to do just for the money.
Like someone else said, you will need to build up your customer base which can take some time.
And no 2 weeks are the same, you def cannot forecast what you will earn in a year... I had loads of peeps cancel/ quit last week for some reason (some 5 mins before their blasted appointments lol...).
So decide whether you are in it to help others or make a quick profit, this will def help in the long run!!!!
Good luck with your decision xxx

The business kit costs £75 and contains loads of stuff.

Regarding stock you can buy up to 2 starter packs during your first 6 months. These have a variety of all the product.

Your sponsor should be available to swap or lend stock to you.

i think it would be a very rewarding job, but also quite time consuming, i`m self employed now and could maybe think about doing both part time.

do all cdc do visits in there own home, or do some do visits at the clients home.

Depends on the CDC, the area they cover and personal circumstances. I, for instance do not drive so I only see people at home. I know of another local CDC who goes into workplaces. Horses for courses! :D

I have 4 kids so evening visits would prob be best any where but my house............lol

Also do you get the work from the cd site, or do you advertise locally yourselves, as any small business would.

I have 4 kids so evening visits would prob be best any where but my house............lol

Also do you get the work from the cd site, or do you advertise locally yourselves, as any small business would.

Advertising also depends pretty much on your area. If you choose to become a CDC theres information about advertising on the training day. Word of mouth is, of course, excellent, and the CD site gets lots of hits when there's a CD story in the press.

Back