CDC's - Opinion Please

Hi DQ, that's not something that's happened to me thank heavens...

I remember in the training modules there were guidelines as to how to deal with complaints, so I suppose I'd just follow those. It's not always that easy in practice though...

xxx

I think I've been very lucky too. But I just wondered with what seems to be a pattern of 'mis-behaving' clients if someone has been threatened with it.

Jasmine,

Have you ever thought that word has gone round that people have got packs from you without paying? Maybe thats why it has happened to again and again.

I have had people sit with me for up to an hour then tell me they have no money. I tell them where the nearest Cash Point (5mins away) is, 8 out of 10 they come back.

I've learnt from early on not to trust no one, after a long term customer took 5 days of Tetra's and I haven't seen her since. So i said never again.

CDC
Sim

Hi Sim,

After it happened several times over a few days, I did wonder whether a few people had had a chat and thought 'I know - let's try it on here' but to be honest it was a lot more random that that, and I'm certain that a couple of people simply genuinely forgot. I'm knocking it on the head as from today though and no more credit will be offered to anyone... I feel bad, but I can't afford to buy stock unless people pay me.

I did refuse credit a couple of weeks ago with a client who persistently turned up with no money. I directed her to the nearest cash point before I'd give her her stock. She did come back with the money a few minutes later, but then didn't turn up to her next apt and hasn't responded to any texts I've sent her asking her how she's getting on. The worst thing is that she's a single mum, and I honestly think she's strapped for cash and that's the reason she didn't used to bring money, as opposed to any underhand sort of intent. I wish I could help her out, but then I'm not exactly rolling in cash either, and I wouldn't expect to be given diet products and pay for them in my own time. I keep bringing it back to my weekly shop at Tescos - the manager there doesn't let me take my groceries and then pop the money back in at my convenience, but then I don't ask! Maybe I should LOL!!

I visit some people who can't get to my office, for one reason or another. I charge 25p per mile, and my clients think this is fair. I confess to falling for the the "I'll pay you later" business - it has only cost me just over £15 so far - but I have learned!!!
Ann

Just as we CDCs have a code of conduct to adhere to I think customers should have one too lol! Seriously though as I lay the ground rules (in my little hand out sheet) down at my first meeting with my customers then everyone knows where they stand. I let customers know for example that weekly appointment times are max of 30 minutes although I am happy to spend as long as they need with them if they let me know in advance or I don't have an appointment straight after. I had one customer who was regularly 20 minutes late with no apologies and then wanted to chat before we got round to CD business. I learned then to weigh her as soon as she got in, sort her order out (not giving her a chance to sit down) and payment out and see she was doing OK of course and then lo and behold my next appointment turned up on time so Ms Latecomer had to make a swift exit. She's always on time now!!

Lyn

To be absolutely honest, I get more hacked off with clients who turn up repeatedly, week after week, take up loads of my time and then admit that they've been 'cheating' so have loads of supplies left and beggar off. Like I'm some free counselling service!!!!

I have no problem with people who aren't starting the diet for a couple of weeks - that's fair do's and they're not under any obligation to buy anything - but it's the ones who take the mickey that aggravate me!

I mean, I'm not money-grabbing (cos I wouldn't be a CDC if I was!!!!) but I do think that's a bit cheeky.

Ho hum

xxxxx

I've been mulling over this post wot I wrote (Ernie Wise RIP lol) and just wanted to clarify that I am deffo not reffering to clients who are actually my friends! Just in case one of my lovely mates are worried that they've taken the mickey!!! lol

Jasmine - did you get the cash off that client who did off with her starter packs??

xxxx

Hi Isobel - she hasn't responded to any of my texts, so I've called her and left a friendly message on her voicemail to say that I'm going to be in the area this afternoon, and seeing as I'm passing I'll pop into her office and pick up the cash on my way through, unless she wants to drop it off at my house on her dinner hour... :eek: Let's see if she comes back to me now.. I feel brave but scared at the same time :D !

I feel the same as you, I'd absolutely hate for anyone to think I was 'client bashing' cos I'd never dream of doing that. It's only when the odd person tries it on, which could happen in any profession - not just to a CDC, that I get stressed out. I'd feel the same way if I worked in an office or a shop - I get annoyed when people take the mick regardless of the situation.

I'll let you know whether I'm chucked out of the building by 2 burly security guards if I have to go to her office. I may ask DH to come home early and accompany me, or I may bottle out entirely... I've kept it really friendly so far and said how it's probably slipped her mind etc, and I know it seems a lot of trouble to be going to for around £30, but it's more down to the principle...

I'll keep you posted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jasmine.,

I am an accountant and I am surprised and so not surprised by the attitude of some of your clients.

I am not a CDC but when I do peoples tax returns for them and state that the money has to be up front, and advise them to put a note with their quotations etc., and on letter heads -

"PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR CREDIT AS IT WILL EMBARASS BOTH OF US WHEN I SAY NO!"

Quite a few of them have come back to me saying that they do not have problems anymore.

So perhaps this is worth a try.

And as a client I promise Madam Dotty that I will make sure I make an appointment with her, I feel very quilty now as I just turned up one day, very self thinking. Sorry!

Hope this helps
xx

Hi Isobel - she hasn't responded to any of my texts, so I've called her and left a friendly message on her voicemail to say that I'm going to be in the area this afternoon, and seeing as I'm passing I'll pop into her office and pick up the cash on my way through, unless she wants to drop it off at my house on her dinner hour... :eek: Let's see if she comes back to me now.. I feel brave but scared at the same time :D !

I feel the same as you, I'd absolutely hate for anyone to think I was 'client bashing' cos I'd never dream of doing that. It's only when the odd person tries it on, which could happen in any profession - not just to a CDC, that I get stressed out. I'd feel the same way if I worked in an office or a shop - I get annoyed when people take the mick regardless of the situation.

I'll let you know whether I'm chucked out of the building by 2 burly security guards if I have to go to her office. I may ask DH to come home early and accompany me, or I may bottle out entirely... I've kept it really friendly so far and said how it's probably slipped her mind etc, and I know it seems a lot of trouble to be going to for around £30, but it's more down to the principle...

I'll keep you posted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOh how rude of her not to even bother responding to you! It's just so not fair of her to put you into this position!! Norty lady!!!!

It's deffo the principle, but also it's a lot of money to lose! You wouldn't chuck thirty quid into the bin, would you?

I really hope she plays fair and coughs up what she owes!!

xxxx

Hi Jasmine.,

I am an accountant and I am surprised and so not surprised by the attitude of some of your clients.

I am not a CDC but when I do peoples tax returns for them and state that the money has to be up front, and advise them to put a note with their quotations etc., and on letter heads -

"PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR CREDIT AS IT WILL EMBARASS BOTH OF US WHEN I SAY NO!"

Quite a few of them have come back to me saying that they do not have problems anymore.

So perhaps this is worth a try.

And as a client I promise Madam Dotty that I will make sure I make an appointment with her, I feel very quilty now as I just turned up one day, very self thinking. Sorry!

Hope this helps
xx

LOL Caroline - perhaps me and Jas need to get one of those signs to put up that says - please do not ask for credit, as a smack in the mouth often offends!

HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sure that most of our clients are totally trustworthy, decent human beings, but you always get the odd bad penny (as it were), in every walk of life, don't you!

xxxx

OMG! I've just had a text from the non-payer that says 'Don't come into my office, I'll drop the money off at half four' :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, that's just charming! And why on earth am I scared of seeing her?!! Blimey - if she turns into a regular (not much chance as I don't think I want to see her again), I think I'm going to have to get a bouncer or something :D :D They can be the ones who enforce the 'smack in the mouth' sign Isobel LOL!! I'm joking, I promise!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh bless you! don't be scared.

Just open the door, don't let her in, smile and hold your hand out for the money, then tell her whilst still smiling sweetly "I don't expect to have to chase you in future" and shut the door again ;) sorted!

Cheeky mare, doesn't reply to one ruddy message until you get tough!!! Then she suddenly finds the ability to text!

Kitty xxx

'Ere, girls! That Mizzy Kitty is one tuff momma! You don't mess wit 'er, you geddme?

LMTO!!!!!

Kitty - I'm going to set you onto some of my norty clients!!! hehehe see you next Sat, hun - but please don't frighten me! teeeeheeeeeteeeehheeeeeee!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back