CDC's - Opinion Please

Well - I've been dying to post, but tied up with other clients - got a few minutes off now so thought I'd tell you..

I saw her car pull up, she had a woman in the passenger seat who seemed to be giving me daggers (maybe I'm imagining, but I swear I could feel her evil look!).

Anyway, as soon as I opened the door, the client said 'I didn't bring the money round yesterday because as I left here I got a call from the school to say that my son had fallen and broken his arm. I was always going to give you the money, so there was no need to threaten to turn up at my work.' She was SO hostile!!

I said how sorry I was that her son had had an accident, and asked how he was now - she said 'alright.' I asked how he'd done it and she said 'he fell over,' so I just said 'that's £33 then please.' I held out my hand, took the money - said thanks and shut the door. Then I had a nervous breakdown!!! :D :D :D

YAY!! I got my cash! I think it's safe to say she won't be reccommending me to her friends, but either way I don't want to see her again.

For some reason I just don't believe that her son had broken his arm either - I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help but think she was making excuses... Oh well - if he hadn't, and she was making up lies about her children like that then she's not a good person. I'd never lie and say that a relative had an accident/was sick for fear of it coming true...

Either way, I've been paid and I doubt I'll be hearing from her again - what an unpleasant episode.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol - perhaps I could become the CD debt collector ;)

Jas,
Even if he did break his arm....she hadn't broken her's so was still able to respond to your messages or have the courtesy to contact you.
She sounds rude and cheeky....and we'll all be waiting to see if she books another appointment LOL

Now breathe......:D
Kitty xxx

Well done Jasmine you were assertive and polite and successful in your quest:p

If she doesn't come back :wave_cry:

She knew she was in the wrong, even if it is true about her son someone could have let you know.

You did afterall only say you would call in and collect from her workplace as a favour;)

It might be worth when doing your telephone screening to say that payment is on receipt of the diet packs and hopefully this will not happen again.

Linda

Thanks for all your replies guys - it's so interesting to hear that you've had similar experiences, and you're right - she was a bit cheeky!!

I'll let you know if I hear from her again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ya, :) :)

I can't believe how people act. I have had people turn up very early and very late. Trust me I have learn't from this and have toughtened up to this and I don't really get any problems now. I did have one lady who never turned up for her appointments for 3 nights in a row and when I phoned her each time she said I am really sorry I am stuck in traffic. That's fine but she has a mobile so phone me to let me know your running late. This person never did make her appointment. :eek: :eek:
On the subject of not having the money it has happened to me once but luckily enough I have a cashpoint just down the road, so off they went.

Beware as there is people out there like this.

Nick :D :D :D

Hi Jasmine - glad you got your money....this is all a bit scary....given that I just posted off my Accreditation papers today :eek:

Do they supply a baseball bat in the business kit ??!!! :rolleyes:

Debz
xx

That woman is a ruddy rude moo!!
Glad you got your money. Would have loved you to turn up at her office though. Would have been classic!!
I'm just so gobsmacked that people would be so rude!!! Jeez....madness I tell you!!

Time to be hardcore Jas and lay down the law!! :)

I must admit I have never yet had someone say they could not pay. I tend to agree with you Jasmine that the woman was telling porkies. Even if it was true, I think I think I would have been apologetic about not getting back before this and not been agressive. After all you were perfectly polite to her. Just glad you got the money in the end because it is a lot to lose.

Thanks guys - if it hadn't been for your advice, I'm certain I'd have just written it off and not bothered to contact her. It won't happen again...

I really appreciate your help!

xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Jasmine,
so pleased you got your money, look on the brightside too, least you won't be caught out like that again :D ...

I think it's a bit different if it's a regular client, and they always pay, as you would expect lol, but not paying on the first visit :eek: :eek:

Great news :p

OK, folks - a different dilemma!

I've got a lovely, lovely client who's been with me since October - she's lost 6 1/2 stone and I'm so totally thrilled with her, how she's blossomed and her confidence has soared. I feel rather maternal towards her - soft, silly moo, I am.

The problem is that her partner had to stop working a few weeks ago - she's been talking about this since it happened and expressed her financial worries. She is a thoroughly genuine, decent, honest person, so I'm not being fed a line.

She's just emailed me to say that she just cannot afford to do CD for the time being and is hoping to come back in a few weeks, once the money worries are sorted. Which is fine.

Apart from the fact that I really want her to carry on and lose the remaining two stone - it would be a crying shame if she started to slide now, through no fault of her own.

SO - I'm considering offering her supplies at cost. What do you think?

I know I'm not a charity and that I have mouths to feed etc etc, but I care about this kid and want to be there for her in her hour of need (erm no, I don't have a saviour complex - just like her lots).

I know I could rely on her discretion not to tell other folk so others don't 'try it on' but I don't know if she would be offended.

Any opinions, ladies and gentlemen? What would you do in this situation?

Cheers in advance for any pearls of wisdom....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Isobel,

That's a tricky one... I understand exactly where you're coming from, and part of me says in this case I'm sure she'd really really appreciate the offer. The other part of me thinks that if you help one person like this, then where do you draw the line? I've got several clients who are desperately strapped for cash and have had to drop out because they can't afford to be on SS anymore. It makes me feel bad, but I'm broke too so I can't help them I'm afraid.

I'm inclined to think that if this clients comes off the plan, then she'll really struggle to get back on it, particularly as she's getting so close to goal.

As this lady's done so well with you, and been with you for months - I think that as a one off, you could make the offer... It doesn't make you into a charity, and as long as you know that this is a one off due to exceptional circumstances, then you'll be fine. The only problem I can forsee is getting her to go back to paying the RRP - at what point do you say, right - back to normal cost now... If you can make that agreement with her then I think offering her CD Products at cost on a temporary basis is a kind and generous gesture.

Do let us know what you decide to do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, Isobel, you've a kind heart, and I know how generous you are with your time and counselling.

This has happened to me a lot over 20 years, and I always feel it's a dilemma.

Let's face it - the lady's financial circumstances aren't your problem. However:

You could suggest dropping down to a plan which needs only 2 or 1 portions a day.

You could work out a barter system? Hairdressing, child-minding, gardening? (Washing up to save damaging the ring???)

You could work out a payment plan?

If you do decide on some sort of discount, put a time limit on it.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know what happens.

x

Sorry - thoughts, part two:

To lose her remaining two stones, she'd be sole sourcing for another 3 months, probably.....more time than many clients spend on sole source in total.

But she would then need to learn to maintain, which generally costs more money than sole source....

Can the Yellow Book provide the answer?

I've got a lovely, lovely client who's been with me since October - she's lost 6 1/2 stone and I'm so totally thrilled with her, how she's blossomed and her confidence has soared. I feel rather maternal towards her - soft, silly moo, I am.

The problem is that her partner had to stop working a few weeks ago - she's been talking about this since it happened and expressed her financial worries. She is a thoroughly genuine, decent, honest person, so I'm not being fed a line.

She's just emailed me to say that she just cannot afford to do CD for the time being and is hoping to come back in a few weeks, once the money worries are sorted. Which is fine.

Apart from the fact that I really want her to carry on and lose the remaining two stone - it would be a crying shame if she started to slide now, through no fault of her own.

SO - I'm considering offering her supplies at cost. What do you think?

I know I'm not a charity and that I have mouths to feed etc etc, but I care about this kid and want to be there for her in her hour of need (erm no, I don't have a saviour complex - just like her lots).

I know I could rely on her discretion not to tell other folk so others don't 'try it on' but I don't know if she would be offended.

Any opinions, ladies and gentlemen? What would you do in this situation?

Cheers in advance for any pearls of wisdom....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think that would be a lovely kind thing to do.... and you will be rewarded in heaven :D :D

love

Back