Celebration Meals- What do you have?

krazykik

I'm a long way off Conso phase yet but when the going gets tough I like to fanatasise about the melted cheese on toast and apples I'll be allowed to eat and the cereal but even more so is the thoughts of the Celebration Meal per week! Just wondering what other dukaners have?

Pretty sure my first meal will be Fajitas or Enchilladas- yummy :):):):):)

Can you clarify whether when youre on Consolidated you can have 1 or 2 Celebration meals a week? ive been looking at the Dukan coaching question And answer sessions on the site and they indicate you can only have 1 in the "first stage" My book definetly says 2. Hubbie is looking forward to pasta and I fancy some lamb....and some chips!

My meal will be......steak chips onion rings peppered sauce followed by a chocolate cake mmmmm im a boring eater xxx

there's another post at the moment about the conso. Depending on which book you have seems to say different things. The book I have is from 2010 and it mentions splitting conso into two halves. For first half only one celebration meal and one starchy meal. Then up to two for both in the second half.

Again the discrepancies of DR.Dukan.......my book is the Dukan diet life plan and defo says two. Thank god for this forum as so much hard work could have gone down the pan xxx

The whole thing will go down the pan for most people if he doesnt stop changing the effing rules!!

Makes me quite cross!

Last edited:
I agree but if we had never found the forum, and only ever followed the book we would still have lost weight. Its only because we have found this forum, with such good friends that we know a little about a lot of things LOL.

yes i have the Life plan book which says 2 meals and i bought it in July! So when they say split it in 2 are we talking about the total time you expect to be on Consolidated? I am quite disappointed to hear this and hubbie will be devistated!

My book basically says, work out how long you will be on conso for, 5 days to each pound. So for me that will be about a year. Then split in two. So for 6 months I would be on 1 gala, 1 starchy per week then after six months would up to 2 for each.

Again though it would all depend what book you were following, everyone will still do ok surely with their own book if they never had any other input.

My book basically says, work out how long you will be on conso for, 5 days to each pound. So for me that will be about a year. Then split in two. So for 6 months I would be on 1 gala, 1 starchy per week then after six months would up to 2 for each.

Yup thats what I did and I think that is the current recieved wisdom from the good doctor. I think he varied it from the original because it works better by a gradual re-introduction of the naughty stuff, (ie the weight stays off longer and people are less encouraged to go back to their old bad ways) . Its OK, although I can see it could be a bit daunting if your conso period is very long.

My first gala meal was real porridge made with proper oatmeal (yes I'm wierd!). I felt like a pizza for my first starchy meal (which I combined as a gala since it was a meal out) but actually once I'd had it, I haven't bothered since. I struggled with adding the bread and cheese to start with - it all seemed a bit much - but substituted crispbread and didn't bother if I didn't feel like it. The fruit is easy, although I still don't have bananas or grapes unless there is no other choice.

Hello there, I posted on the other Conso thread and I think the problem is because of all the different books his publisher keeps bringing out!

In my day (way back when), we went straight for two gala meals and two starch meals, but it was obviously too much and we all gained weight, most lost the plot, and either ended up back on attack pretty quickly (definitely NOT advised) or binge eating on carbs (even less advised)... so I'd stick to the current advice which is to divide the time you'll be in Conso in two...

And introduce your one starch portion and one gala meal for the first half of the time...

Good luck!

Maintainer your a star xxx thanks fir that xxx

Back