Ceracraft Ceramic frying pan

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Shelle Belle, 6 June 2013.

1. Shelle Belle

Shelle Belle Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought one of these new pans?? I bought one this week, admittedly I was a little sceptical but thought I would give it a go. It is honestly the best thing I have ever bought for cooking. You don't need to use a single spray of cooking oil and it is so easy to clean. I think this is a great investment for us slimmers. I have cooked fried eggs and bacon and steak in it and they were gorgeous although I havent mastered flipping my eggs over without breaking the yolk yet lol.:)
  2. Dgirl

Dgirl Well-Known Member

I was given a couple as a present and LOVE them (can't say I like their bright green colour though:)!!)
  3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Wow just googled them, they sound too good to be true, definitely a slimmers dream!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Opal_Lily

Opal_Lily Well-Known Member

This is def on my wish list now - I'm a total sucker for a kitchen gadget!!
  5. Opal_Lily

Oh noo don't tell me that - there's one right on my way home from work and I already bought an airfryer this week :D
  6. Shelle Belle

Mine is the bright red one and I paid £29.99 from asda JML section. still worth it though. I love the bright colours in them, I might but the smaller too as it will be a nice little size to make an omlette :)
  7. Opal_Lily

Is the large one the only one with a lid? Tempted!

Are they really good? You don't even need frylight?
  8. Opal_Lily

I would love to be able to do onions lovely and soft without using oil... frylight is just not the same!
  9. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

I was on the cusp of getting one but glad I didn't - fell out big style with my electric hob so went out and bought an induction hob. The ceramic pan would have been useless on it.

I also saved up a load of the Tesco 'stamps' for the pyrex style cook ware. I could still use them in the oven I s'pose but not on the hob.
  10. Shelle Belle

I am sure you can use them on induction hobs, I seem to remember seeing it on the packaging x
  11. chocko1

chocko1 Well-Known Member

The way I do onions, if they're being added to a recipe, not served as fried onions, is to put them in a bowl with a tsp. of water, cover and cook on High in the microwave for about 3 mins and they turn lovely and soft. Just a thought!
  12. Opal_Lily

Thank you chocko! Will have to try that :)
  13. badger59

badger59 New Member

my pan burns and sticks

i bought aCeracraft pan a few weeks ago and thought it was brilliant. However, now whenever I cook bacon or steak it just sticks and burns. it is obviously the fat from the meat that is burning but why? How dou you cook your bacon etc successfully?
  14. beslim2014

beslim2014 Well-Known Member

Seen them advertised and wondered if they were any good, might invest in them
  15. Julieee123

Julieee123 Well-Known Member

I got one as a Christmas present and so far I love it. I still spray with frylight because it would seem weird cooking without it... Lol. So far I have only cooked an omelette and a couple of stirfrys in it. But so far so good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app
  16. chocko1

chocko1 Well-Known Member

I was really tempted to buy one of these, until I looked at the Amazon reviews! 34 people have rated it at five stars - excellent, but a massive 44 have rated it as 1 star - terrible!!! Needless to say, I will NOT be wasting my money! :D

17. Julieee123

I think the negative comments at Amazon are totally unfair. It's turning out to be the best frying pan I've owned and over the years I've had lots

18. Babypodge

Babypodge Well-Known Member

I love my Ceracraft pan! I dont find i need fry light (if anything it turns frylight brown) but i cant master the art of fliping an egg either! You have to buy the lid for the big pan separtely but i think theyre only £10 or there abouts.

What's an airfryer?
  19. Julieee123

In the care instructions it says you have to rub your frying pan every so often with oil, heat it up till it starts sizzling and then give it a wash. I think this is how it maintains it's non stickiness. Didn't know you can buy a lid for it. That's interesting to know
  20. Julieee123

You don't need to use oil, but it just didn't feel right cooking without my frylight... Lol. I don't use it now and it's fine