Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

Do you think it has anything to do with you being out of the obese category now? Like how your motivation wanes when you're close to target? Well done on resisting :)

Day 107 - no today actually is Day 107...

So I got home and did me Shred. Level 3 going well - did every single one of those planky kicky lifty things in full form...can't quite do all my mountain climbers (or indeed Climb Ev'ry Mountain) but near enough. Rockstar Jumps are more like Minipops* Bounces - Scissor Kicks - hmph - and how come I can hold plank for 3 mins but I cant do that walky elbow thing for 30 secs? I can do ALL my supermans though (I am awesome at yoga backbends so that helps)

So - yeah.

Recording went well - I sang a song and did a piece in my Brizzle accent (which made everyone laugh) and everyone loved my singing. And a professional actor asked me why I was still doing amateur stuff. One day, baby. I said 'Yeah - I'll sort that out...' and he gave me a fixed stare and told me I must...that I shouldn't be so wishy washy about it. Oh bloody hell...why can't my life ever be one thing at a time?!

Anyway...all good...work's good. Fun, even. Rehearsal last night was awesomely good - all busy all the time - I like them when they're fast paced and good work gets done and I feel like I'm getting it.

I'm really confused - I'm working productively, doing the plays, getting in the exercise and the relaxation and I've read a book in the last week. How on earth am I managing this? What have I forgotten to do that's going to bite me in the arse. I'm pretty much A-gaming it at the moment.

Carla: I certainly think it's something along those lines - I think I had a funny 5 minutes getting into the 12s on LL 4 years ago - or I sat at 178 for a few weeks...but maybe it's a metabolism shift with all the exercise and the running about...or maybe it's the water...

*Cor - who's old enough to remember them?!

What a thoroughly lovely weekend, I feel like I've been on holiday!

Today I did the shred in the morning - I just have to do Level 3 6 more times by the end of next Saturday to complete the 30 day shred challenge. Then I walked to the gym and swam a mile and had a blimmin' good old bake in the sauna, then I wandered for a bit and went to the cinema and watched Bridesmaids. I loved it - especially the 'Why can't you just be happy for me and talk about me behind my back like normal people!' line. So true!

I walked on the heath last night and caught the beginning of Jools Holland playing at Kenwood House whilst I was in a tranquil meadow full of foxgloves. The West Field on the heath is one of my favourite spots in London...there was a tiny copse with about 20 bunnies having their tea - they weren't at all shy.

It was just lovely. I feel so chilled out!

I've been researching yoga classes and trying to work out how to fit more yoga into my already packed schedule :)

No aircon at work today. Ha. Last thing I feel like now is Jillian Michaels. But I am not giving in 6 days away from the end. Once I've done tonight just 5 more days of level 3. Yeah.

Day 25 Shred

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

you know in Flash Gordon when they try to kill him the the gas chamber and his arms are all bulgy veins? That. It usually means you're dehydrated, but I've had 5 litres of fluid so far today...so...could I BE any more HYdrated?

But, I did it, in this heat. I didn't wanna, but I did. I am now melllllllting. Also, I did it all - one full set of MCs and one step touch set (just to make sure I had the juice to last the workout in this weather) just missed a few beats on the scissors and did all the pushup moves modified as I'll work on full ones outside of the DVD time as if I start a set doing them I lose momentum when I have to switch and miss half the set.

5 more Level 3s to go.

That picture of me yesterday post workout? Today multiply the sweat and the red by 4!

Week 16 weigh in (well 15.5 weeks really)

Officially 60lbs down

So this week I lost 4lbs - had it not been such a scorcher and the aircon had been working at work I might not have drunk 4 litres of water before I got to my consultant's and it might have been a slightly more impressive number - but!

Look at my signature! Look at how much muscle I'm gaining over fat lost! Who said that doing the shred would mean I was burning my muscle rather than my fat? Not true! Not in the slightest!

Also my consultant suggested I might want to step up at this stage. No way! I'm doing another 4 weeks! Whoop whoop!

(Can you tell I'm in SS euphoria?) yeah...

I have lost 10.5 inches off my waist, 9.5 off my hips 6.5 off my bust and I'm a size 14. I'm not obese any more - I'm fit as a fiddle and I feel awesome!

Blimey - Mrs Ladytime is giving me a hard time this month...I seem to be super tense and paranoid! I came home to find something that would usually drive me into anxious eating (I mean I certainly wouldn't eat right now no matter what, just saying that in the normal world I would have done) but after I'd called a couple of pals and done the Shred I'm still a bit furious but I've had a food pack and a cup of tea and I'm still mad but less - vulnerable. The Shred went AWESOMELY - I am almost totally at full pelt - can't believe how much technique I've learned in a week.

Glutton for punishment? Me?

I did a full set of elbow plank b*stards in full form - I've realised that it is a core weight transference move rather than a lifting move - if that makes any sense...if you work from your core rather than your arms it's kind of harder but easier.

I'm also going a few full travelling push-ups and did all my scissorkicks bar the last two at the end. I had to take 5 at the end of the second set of Mountain Climbers but both sets were done at Natalie level all the way. I'm getting lower in my jumpy lunges and I now do full sideplank - so I'm pretty much nailing level 3!

Sarah, I am bloody impressed by your fierce'ness.

I am just working up the courage to start 30 day shred, do you need dumbells or is that for a later level - opps, did I just give away that I have had it nearly a week and it has not ventured out of the box yet?

When you look at your stats it's amazing, 10 inches off your waist - I mean WOW!

You sound like you are on a total high and good for you, in the zone and loving it. Fabulous!

Oh I also just noted that we are a 1lb difference in weight and the same height!

Now that's made me feel like I need to start the shred because I have lost all my muscle tone and you have well defined legs...Humph!

Hiya Nat - I've been using 3lb weights (ie 3lb each) which you can usually pick up for a few quid - all the way through (not to scare you, you ideally want ones that have a narrow middle so you can put your hands round them whilst resting on them - there's a set in Level 3 that requires this). They're not quite enough for chest flies and biceps, but more than enough for the smaller more isolated muscle groups.

You could easily start out with 1l bottles of water mind...but I think you might find some of the weights work way too easy without something.

Day 112 - The end of the 16th week of CD and the almost end of the 30DS

I did my 27th consecutive shred this morning. Not quite as strong as last night - but a couple of days a week I have to do an evening one followed 12 hours later by a morning one - that also means that I get a couple of 'rest' days as the switch back to evenings means I get a 36 hour break. But this time I did half a minute of full sit ups. If you haven't seen Level 3 of the 30 day shred - the middle set of abs is "full on Rocky-style sit-ups"

I feel harder around my core with every day that passes and I'm barely thinking about CD - one thing I can say about the shred, it makes SSing a doddle! You totally forget about it!

Anyway - its such a lovely morning. Gonna take my swimming kit to work.

Have lovely days y'all!

cool hun i must get back to my 30 day shred

Isn't it strange, the stuff you can do really easily (like all the jumping!!) I struggled with, and the abs/core/walking press ups, I found a doddle! Strange how everyone finds different bits hard!

You should get ripped in 30 when you finish! That one is really good, like 30DS but with 4 levels, all the moves are 30 seconds and no repeated moves! :D

I did Jillian's 30 day slimdown rotation straight after doing the 30DS, but you need to buy Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones and you work them in with the shred.

You're doing great Sarah! Well done :D

Cheers Carla - I think the 3 stone difference in what I have to lift on my arms might be a factor ;)

I can't get Ripped in 30 as I only have a region 2 DVD player. But BFBM and 6 pack should be here any day - TBH I'm really only doing this to build the upper body I need for yoga headstands and the moves that start from plank and now I'm in the 12s I'm starting my running programme. I'm prob just going to keep on with advancing the shred and uppong the weights as it fits my schedule easily and I don't have to think about it...I heart Jillian!

Wow Cerulean, you're gonna end up as fit as a fiddle in no time :)

May I ask you a question? When you first started the shred, did you notice a slow down in your weight loss and if yes was it only temporary?

I'm only asking because I'd like to give it a go and I'm just curious :)

Ooh, BFBM is death!! You might like it though, you're a bit of a masochist :p Lol! My DVD player is R2 too, so I put Ripped in 30 on my laptop, akward but worked. I reallly liked it.

I love Jillian too, I think she's ace!

Yes, you love your walking & running don't you? We're polar opposites there.

Have a great day :)

Ooh Carla, forgot to ask...What's the 30 day slimdown??? My Macbook has run out of Region 1 handovers, so if I play that DVD it will be forever stuck on region 1 :(

Book-worm...allllll shall be revealed on Day 31 (Sunday) is when I shal unveil my magic spreadsheet and measurements and bodyfat composition and answer the final question about SSing and the Shred...does it slow weightloss...

Eeek! R1! You don't want that!

30 DAY SLIMDOWN -

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Quick trouble zones is only the sections where you are standing up, if you're in plank or on your back, you don't do it!

I enjoyed it, twas fun! (Apart from that last week!!)

It's a rotation of dvd's Jillian herself devised, to slim you down! :D

Back