Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

Hey Cerulean - I have been "following" you I love reading your diary. I am nearly at the end of my SS life and I have chosen to move on to a healthy living and exercise mode after Mondays weigh in to get the last 10lbs off..

I have purchased the 30 day shred and going to give it a go from Monday as i have heard so much about it and I hear it really works.

How did you find the first few days -i am a keen gym goer - however not been really in the last month as I felt really rubbish on SS.

I think that I may actually try and do the 1000 plan just to get me up and about - however what I eat will be low carb .

Just wanted to show my appreciation of your thread!

P

Hi Pretika 1stly - YOU ARE POST 100 ON MY DIARY!!!! WHOOOOO!!!

I'm honest, I'm not sure the Shred is a great weight-loss tool if you want the scales to budge and several blogs of people who only have a few lbs to lose seem to say that too. It's a brilliant way to keep motivated to exercise and the inches are flying off, but in 8 days I've lost 0.5lbs and half of that has been on SS and half on 810 so if you can't lose a 1lb in a week on the Shred when you're on an LCD/VLCD...I'm not sure what would happen on 1000 - but maybe I'm just having a slow week! As for your waist and hips though - I can guarantee thay'll get smaller in a week under Jillian's supervision! And then you're building muscle which means that you're burning more calories resting, eh - so what's not to like?

I have terrible upperbody strength but thighs and a butt of steel so the lowerbody work was cool for me - I'm now on 4 -8 full pressups in the first set and the rest modified and 2 on the second set and the rest modified. So that's an immense improvement on Day 1 - 1 full pressup and me sliding all over the place in modified - at least I think I have the upper body strength for the plank stuff in Level 2 now (just watched it through to get me ready for Monday's onslaught - in fact I may step up a level a day early so I'm not having to deal with evil Level 2 on a Monday morning!!)

What I'm saying is that I am always the last and slowest and most rubbish in circuit classes at gyms even when there are other slowcoaches in the room and after 5 days of Jillian I was doing every exercise in Level 1 (I still can get through the full cardio set in Circuit 1 because my blubber hurts when I jump cos I'm having a bit of a baggy tummy phase at the moment) but I can jog through the bits where the jumping annoys me so my heart(rate)'s in the right place.

So yeah - just to cap off - I've done 8 days of the Shred - it's going well - I'm back in full on SSing - this is my 4th day and I've had no wibbles...not weak from exercising...I'm not walking into work cos of the crazy unpredictable weather atm...so I've kind of traded an hour of walking every couple of days for 25 mins with JM every day...I do miss my walking though. Cos of auditions and plays and stuff I haven't got away for a big hike over a month. Must remedy that ASAP.

Oh - and I got recalled for tomorrow's audition for a show in the Camden Fringe...so - you know - actingactingacting.

And today I did my audiobook demo and it went really well - flushed with pride on that one, really!

Hey well I feel privileged to be your 100 th post !!!
Thanks for the info - I suppose I want the inches mire so than the weight ... Gonna give it a go and start running - gonna take it week by week if I dont see any improvements or progress I will try something else !!!

Well dine in your audio book - sounds exciting !!! I am an accountant so I don't do anything as exciting - but I do love my job !!!
Will keep you posted !!

Day 94 day 9 of The Shred - Ow and yay and ow

So - The Shred appears to have given me some dorsal muscle problems...nothing I can't handle, just the odd warning twinge - I'm really annoyed as I finally got through every last jot of cardio but had to drop half the abs as I think there's something I am not getting about my form that's causing the problems. As well - I'm more bothered about my bingo wings and hips at the moment and the fat burning - I guess I can rip my abs once I'm down to a good body fat percentage.

I did my audition. I had to do a 2 bar day today due to the energy required and time away from home and the need to actually physically be seen to eat during a 5 hour session or risk looking ana.

Audition went fabtastically - I got cast in both plays which is a monster prospect and it means that I am officially in the Camden Fringe and I feel like a grown-up actor.

Didn't quite have the energy to push myself out for a swim straight after auditions and by the time I'd shredded and taken the call about the part I would only have had 30 mins in the pool so I didn't bother, but I shall be swimming my mile tomorrow morning as early as I possibly can...I'll get back home for 10ish, do the housework whilst cribbing lines and then head out for rehearsal at 4. If I am a good girl, I will get my lines down tonight so that tomorrow is just revision. I am not often a good girl - I am a good line learner but I always end up leaving it to the last possible minute - which is something I can't afford now that I am in three plays in the space of one calendar month.

Am starting to feel much skinnier now - the calves on my 16 jeans are baggy on me and the Shred has really reshaped my bum and my legs. My arms are frightful though - I don't remember my bingo wings looking this flappy - everything else looks so firm and solid (apart from my boobs - oh dear god - lets not talk about my boobs :( one has to just not look at them for 6 months after a VLCD - well - mine anyway *sigh* and besides they can be hoiked and pushed about and moisturised so that in clothes and good upholstery I still have a respectable pair...)

Still - the weight is dropping really quickly now...won't be long in the slightest before I am 12st something again. Back to my sexy weight (12st 7)

Morning of Day 95. Woah - the scales are dropping faster than if I had been just starting the diet. Makes me wonder what was going on in 810...I am now officially half way to ULTIMATE GOAL (I'm still not sure if 9st 7 is my correct finishing weight - but whilst I'm at it I may as well find out if it is.)

I had been hoping to be in the 12s by Day 100 - and that now looks more than possible. I learned my two big speeches last night. Now I just have a slightly tricky scene to get under my belt and I've learned the whole lot.

I have a slight headache. Not sure why...been getting my sleep and my water in...hmmm. Oh well. I'm sort of dreading my 10th day of Shred...how will my back respond today, I wonder?

Day 95-6 (10 days of shred done) and Metabolic Typing

*Food mention (imagininary food, but food all the same* (I just typed foof which used to mean something exceptionally naughty when I was a student - don't worry if you know what that is, I won't ever mention my foof on here)

So last night I dreamed I ate a giant (and I mean the size of my head) portion of fish and chips - and I had ketchup with the chips. I seemed to be left with an endless portion of chip after chip after chip.

*End of food mention*

So it is day 96? Day 95 yesterday was lovely...I did eat my food packs earlier than usual which is unusual and somehow, probably due to spillages, I had one less chocolate than I am supposed to have for the week so I had to have two soups.

Oh - I've just realised - I am an old school LLer so I do use tabasco which you aren't technically allowed on CD - but I stopped using it a few weeks ago when my giant bottle ran out....around the time my weightloss slowed. Perhaps I doooo need chilli? Speculation - weight is flying off again and am happy with my renewed speedy progress.

One for my oldest friends texted on spec to see if I was free for a cup of tea yesterday...she's been meta-typed. Not by the scary internet lady who looks like skeletor is wearing Dolly Parton, but by the nice man whose phone number I now have. Apparently there are 16 types and it's all quite technical but it's what athletes have been doing for years, and once you've been diagnosed and taught how to listen to what your body is telling you (I recently did a post about how we spend our time on this diet trying to measure the success of a computer science can't match (our brains) and 10,000 years worth of metabolic evolution with a set of scales which is basically batteries and a spring) I digress - once you've learned how - there's no money in it and processed food goes by the wayside - not to mention probably a lot of take-out and eating food you haven't cooked yourself - so the diet industry and the food industry have nothing to make out of it, so it stays a secret that only athletes really use.

Anyway - imagine you are a forumla one car. You have to have your wheels heated and your engine revved and a terrifyingly super competent driver who knows how to run you without seizing you up. Basically - a Maclaren ain't a Renault and you can't run them the same.

My friend has found she is a fast oxidiser (amongst lots of other things) which means she needs to eat little and often and protein and fat. LOTS OF FAT (Imagine!) and hardly any veg - just the simple ones like you have on 810. She had always been a skinny malinky 5ft 8 size 8...but years of drinking diet coke and eating low fat had bascially sent her body into crisis. She was talking to me about it and I said 'Couldn't you tell when food made you feel rubbish?' and no - no she couldn't. I said - ah - well I know I am a fast oxidiser thanks to Jillian Michaels and my salt and spice addiction but the rest of your diagnosis isn't me cos red meat makes me sleepy and animal fat just pours out of my face - olive oil is good for me though I could drink oil and still feel bouncy - cottage cheese makes me happy - but yeah milk and hard cheese and brie makes me greasy and indigestiony. But having read up on this a bit I can now tell that I have probably been addicted to spicy foods as a result of my weight. Interesting. I can't see anyone else on minis ever having mentioned meta-types before...so I shall probably start a thread on it - but if anyone has any material not sponsored by the people who try to make you pay to do the test. But basically I am looking at a way of using meta-type work as I come off Cambridge as it's sort of an exclusion diet which builds up to a healing diet and it makes you note how food makes you feel and it may rid me of the binge/purge cycles that have dogged my life - and also improve my health overall.

It was amazing to see an old friend and as always she gave me food for thought.

I have 10 days of shredding under my belt...and now. And now...Level 2 - THE LEVEL OF ARGGGGHHH - YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT????

Day 96...Day 11 of The Shred - Level 2 begun!

First day of Level 2 of THE SHRED

I did it! I was dreading it all day - I thought I was going to give up in the first minute - but shows what I know about what I can do...

Plank jacks are not as terrifying as they look. Plank twists - not too bad...walk out push up - only missed the last in each set...squat thrusts - a bit tough on a polished laminate floor! (I went a bit liks this - "WHEEEEEEEE! KA-DUNK! FLOLLOP!" until I found a grippier bit of the floor - probably where I'd spilled a hot chocolate, knowing me. ;)

The upper body work was way tougher. I was pleasantly surprised but just the right amount of challenged - I certainly feel like I can perfect this level more than I could ever do with level 1 because 10 days is not enough to take a complete beginner from 0 pushups to 2 sets of 16...

I'm much sweatier. You didn't need to know that - have I shared too much? ;)

Not hungry - not pangy - everything in my head tastes of peanut crunch and chocolate packs these days...I imagine gourmet meals and in my head they have a crackly soya chips and a thin plasticy artificial chocolate coating.

I may get a bit quieter on here - I won't be cheating - I'm just now rehearsing three plays and busy at work and all manner of fearsome things...I need to spend less time on the interwebs for my own sanity!

Apparently I'm a mixed accelerator type. :D

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how I'm supposed to find out what I'm supposed to be eating (unless, as you say, you pay to download the material...)

Well done on doing Level 2 of the Shred! Makes me knackered just thinking about it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oooh - interesting! Yeah - the guy whose number I have charges 50 quid for a diagnosis and support...but he comes via personal recommendation which I'd rather - than an online questionnaire run by Dolly Parton Skeletor Lady...with her computer-churned out info - my friend says it all changes and you may seem like one type because you are compensating for actually being another but screwing it up for too long which is why you need a human being to type you rather than an online questionnaire. Also you need a corrective 'healing' diet first and then you can go back to something approaching normal within your true type's rules. There is a book on Amazon...I might buy that and have a read before committing to phone blokey...it would be nice to know what I'm supposed to eat on my way back into food! I spoke to my friend and said I have a horrible feeling based on my own notes on food and mood that I'm supposed to do something odd like only eat once a day or tiny tiny meals so I'm not sure I really want to know!

Sounds very interesting... And well done on the Shred - considering it myself!! Do you know what the book's called, please?
Sauce x

Hey Cerulean - how are you??? I'm done with Ss - hit my target and now moving on - I did day 1 of the Shred !!!! Blimey it is tough my upper body is a lot weaker then my legs and abs!!! You ate doing soo well keep it up !!

I'm doing good - yeah - I could hardly hold the plates to wash up after day one! But by Day three I got over it! Well done for starting - I'm really rather surprising myself in the way I am managing to fit this in at the moment...I have about 6 more weeks of SSing. Once I finish 30DS I'm starting ashtanga yoga - I've never had the upperbody strength to do it before but after 30DS I think I just might with all those planks!

Day 97 - 14 week WI tonight - Day 12 of the shred

I did Day 2 of Level 2 - blimey - tis not easy especially at 6.30 in the morning - but also fun.

I now also enter into a three day run of being out of the house from 8 in the morning 'til 11 at night...and then on Friday a Big Night Out watching one of my favourite bands in Brixton...in fact Weds/Thurs/Friday is all seeing bands and comedy, so I can't complain!!

I'm quite excited by my weigh in tonight as I have been dropping around a pound a day since I came off 810. I'm expecting an official 7lb loss - which as I have in effect put on 0.5lbs in the last two weeks is not actually as awesome as it sounds. But I know I am tinier and I am almost in the 12s which as I weighed 13st 9 last week ain't bad.

What are these magic knickers from M&S you speak of? :D

I think I need some, lol. Hope you have a great WI, can't wait to hear the final results!

week 14 weigh in

Officially - 6lbs. My day 100 weigh in is coming up this week on Friday morning and I suspect I'll hit er...4 stone if I carry on at my current rate...or maybe 3st 13 which would be annoying, but hey!!!

Oh - wait - er I have lost 4 stone...what? Confused. I'll do it based on the proper spreadsheet! The great news is that I have lost a stone in 4 weeks so despite all the silly beggaring about my central tenet remains true - regardless of if you put on, only lose 2lbs, whatever, if you keep doing it 100% you will lose about 3.5lbs a week on AVERAGE. How many times do I have to say this?

I wonder how many people will be complaining about only losing 2lbs this week and that they'd lose more on SW. Would it be bad of me to say 'Well just go on Slimming World then, see if I care'. Yeah - it would. I'm sorry. And no you can't have Coke Zero (but you can choose to have it if you want) and packs cost about 2 quid each depending on your consultant. I'm tired and crabby. But does it ever feel like you spend all your time on Minis answering the same three questions? Go to sleep, Sarah. I don't mean it really. But there is a search bar. ;)

Hahaha.... mine cost £2... nite Sarah, enjoying ur diary.

Ha ha - hope you are well , yes the same 3 questions do keep popping up - !!! Love reading your diary !!! I am enjoying the 30 Ds too only just done day 2 and I am sore all over but it is all good !!!! Have a fantastic day !

Carla - er - the magic M&S knickers are ones that come up past my waist and almost down to my knees...sexxxxayyyyyyy. But they stop my wobbly tummy from flapping if I run in loose summer clothing :p

Sauce - that'll be cos I'm a Swansea girl too (at heart) I grew up there...

Pretika - I'm on Day 3 of Level 2...I've accidentally woken up too late to do it before work and am negotiating with myself over when I do it (if I get the train into work I could get up and do it now but I hurt a bit after doing it yesterday...boooooo). Problem is I am going to a radio recording at the BBC tonight so I won't be home until 9.30 at the earliest. I didn't mind doing Level 1...but Level 2 feels worse even though when I'm doing it it's really not that bad! And it seems to be making the weight drop off!

Back