Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

Sarah, can I be really cheeky and ask what your measurements are, we are a similar height, my goal is 10:10 which is a BMI of 25 as I don't think I could maintain any lower! My waist/hips/thighs are 31/42/23. If your stats are upto date you weigh a little more than me at the moment but I bet you are smaller than me! All this shredding and all your swimming and walking is definitely paying dividends!
Go girl!!
Hope your film audition went well on Friday!

Hiya Cheryl - yeah - no probs - have published my stats before so it's not that cheeky ;) - I am currently 38-30.5-41 (have lost an inch off my bust since the shred finished 10 days ago and 0.5 since starting six-pack) and 23 thighs and I am 173.8lbs

I've had to delay the film audition slightly - one thing I don't have at the moment is good skin - this point on a VLCD I usually break out badly!

TF&G - There's a looooooot to take in - as soon as I've gathered my thoughts I will write more on this!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metabolic-T...5644/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310411951&sr=8-1

This is the book I am working through at the moment - I am a fast oxidiser which basically means I should eat lots of red meat and offal and fat and pretty much the 810 veg list and as much fat as I like (without bread and carbs it's hard to eat too much!) I should avoid alcohol, sugar and all simple carbs - the fast oxidising means I metabolise carbs very quickly and turn them into energy which if I do not use turns straight to fat, so I need food that takes a lot longer to break down - like meat and dairy.

I've also bought this COS I LOVE HER!

Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!: Amazon.co.uk: Jillian Michaels: Books

Not quite as prescriptive as the book above but more about eating whole foods and going organic (where possible - she understands it's not practical for everything) - I had a friend who went from a 16 to an 8 in a year by just going totally non-processed and organic...

Have ordered the metabolic typing and a couple of others that came up as suggestions , as i have had some BP issues which led to finding excess adrenaline in my wee..and so it goes on!

Will look forward to getting the books!

Wish I could join you on the jillian front but my back is too bad at the mo fro anything like that but am working o mtgs bAck via another book I got at amazon!

Your weight loss is an inspiration !

Week - er? 17 - blimey - I don't even know the week any more! Weigh in

3lbs off - it would have been more but was so busy that I drank a litre of water right before which would have made my official 5stone loss. I don;t have another WI for 3 weeks - carrying 3 weeks of Cambridge food is a workout in itself. Busy busy busy! I'm out of the house from 8 to 11 every night this week now. Arrrrrgggghhh. Did a run yesterday. Oh my consultant measured me - her measurements are always a bit whack - far more than they are at home or even my actual dress size - 1 inch off my bust, 0.5 off my waist and 2 off my hips (in 1 week!) - it's the running - she measured me twice to check - nope - basically my arse has started melting off me. Hurrah!!!

I swam over a kilometre yesterday at lunchtime. I'm so much stronger. I had a quick sneakypeek at my measurements from 2007 - I was a similar size 7-10lbs lighter so the exercise is making a massive difference! I can feel the fat dropping off my sides - it must be a combination of six-pack and running and swimming. I kind of have Wonder Woman legs starting to form as well - who knew lunges were soooo good for a girl? Also my calves have a totally different consistency and shape to when I did this first time round - so - you know - it's all good.

Today I did a 1.5 mile run...keeping it easy...every time I want to give in I just feel the weight falling off my hard hips and it keeps me going. I look slim. I look a stone lighter than I am cos of the depleted glycogen and my cheekbones are getting ridiculous now.

There's not a lot else to say other than rehearsing is good - on long long days I am having two bars and then a food pack when I get home after 10 - on Sunday I had 4 packs because I had been so shattered the day before...it improved my energy no end. Totally cruising the CD thing, I sat in front of three people eating steak and chicken and pasta and pudding on Tuesday night and didn't bat an eyelid or feel like I was missing out. I get really confused with people who say they 'have to' eat. If you don't events like Tuesday night eventually become a breeze - I guess it depends on the company you keep...

My reading of the Jillian Michaels book is giving me a lot more insight and understanding of ghrelin (the crazy-making hormone that kicks you into weight-gain after substantial weight-loss for want of a better description) I am already starting to understand that 95% of the time I am going to need to eat organic, fresh, unprocessed food if I want to stabilise and stay in control. It's somewhat terrifying and challenging after what happened last time...I guess I just know that I cannot touch sugar. No way no how...it's totally non negotiable until I have stabilised for at least 3-4 months. Thing is in the real world, sugar is never my first choice - it gives me headaches, makes me feel itchy - I only ever crave it it when I have already buggered up my blood sugar levels. But I'm learning a lot about how and why that happens. It all starts when you eat carbs without protein (for me anyway). One of my overriding memories of coming off Lighter Life is the afternoon I went chocolate mental. Ugh - it pains me to even mention it. You become a demon...an addict. It's terrifying when that monster takes over - no amount of CBT is gonna talk you down from something that primal. I actually growled at a colleague who tried to stop me! Imagine! - ghrelin is linked in with addiction it will do ANYTHING to get you to eat high fat high sugar to pile on weight (it's just trying to make sure you survive...it's not actually evil!) ahhhh - happy and strange memories. At least I know what it is now, eh? At least I know what it is capable of now - back then I knew about ghrelin but I had no idea it would have the power to send me all the way back to my original weight! I just assumed it was a temporary thing!

I want to see pictures now sarah, those hard hips those chisseled cheekbones.

I am really struggling with motivation to do the shred there is always something else to do - peg out the washing for instance :) for two days now I am spouting commitment but there is none! I need to sort it out.

Anyway...I am seriously blown away by yours, so I am going to nab a bit, if I rub you like one of those gold chinese cats with the moving paw, do you think some will rub off?

What a calamatous day!!!!

Get the full story here....

Keep off the arse

But for those of you who like to stay tuned to minimins.com - here's the fun part!

me-april-12th.jpg

Yes, I am doing acting and am 1st 8lbs into this year's journey...so around 215lbs...

Ladies loo rodeo by perfectlyvague, on Flickr

And this is me today inexplicably waving my hand in the air (like I just don't care) 45lbs lighter in 3 months. It's not quite an after photo as I have another 2 months to go - but lookin' good, sistah!

Heh, Shanny - I'm 171lbs today - so 12st 3. So I'm 1st 5lbs overweight and my bodyfat is still 36% (should be under 30 at my age) but I have a healthy waist measurement. I'm thinking of 810ing once I get under the magic 11st 13 - so hopefully from next weekend.

Heh, Shanny - I'm 171lbs today - so 12st 3. So I'm 1st 5lbs overweight and my bodyfat is still 36% (should be under 30 at my age) but I have a healthy waist measurement. I'm thinking of 810ing once I get under the magic 11st 13 - so hopefully from next weekend.
Wow I'm happy for you :) :) CD is the diet that makes dreams come true.

Good luck x

That picture is IMMENSE! Now if that doesnt motivate me to do the shred then I dont know what will. By the way, you and I are still the same kind of weight (I am .5lb heavier) and I have lumpy bumps and bingo wings of death...you look ripped!

Nat - I am a biiit ripped....with fat on top...sort of a raspberry ripple!

Back