Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

By the way, I just noticed we are still tracking each other in the weight department, but for the record you look much HAAAWTER that I do, all toned and such. Now, I really am going to get into Jillian, honestly I am.

OH, while I am at it, did you make your spreadsheet yourself? The one which tracks you weight and measurements?

Awww cheers Nat - I'd look Hawtter if my skin hadn't imploded, I am currently suffering from the worst acne in my life. I know it's to do with the foodpacks. But arrrggghhh.

Also, my tenancy is an agreement that ends each year (on a sort of casual basis, but legally, yes, they can put my rent up at the end of each year, only I would expect at least a month's notice out of courtesy especially for a 35 quid a week rise (it's usually a fiver!)) so we have to renegotiate each year, so I have no option, people keep saying 'there must be a way out' alas, thanks to the 1989 rent reforms the only way out is leaving, which I can't afford to and don't want to do. There are 7 people for every available rental in London. I don't want to get onto that merry-go-round at the moment.

In much brighter news - I AM IN A SIZE 10 CARDIGAN AGAIN!!! I AM IN MY FITTED KAREN MILLEN DRESS!!!

Yes I am an analyst so I made that spreadsheet myself. It also has sheets for my shred and running and swimming. It's a bit esoteric though...it has loads more columns and scenarios than the one posted in my blog.

Also Nat YOU ARE IN THE ELEVENS!!! You may be only 1lb ahead of me, but woah, it's an important one!

Up early today, I want to have a nice spa morning so I shall wander over to the gym, get my 2 mile run in and a nice km-mile swim and a spa session. Then I have a rehearsal and tonight I am performing poetry.

I've finally got a Boris bike key (well it should arrive today or monday)...as I spend so much time rehearsal hopping and I want to start exploring central London more. Must remember to get the Boris Bike app on my phone - for those people who have no idea what I'm on about - all across Zone 1 we now have hundreds of docking stations with big chunky bikes that you can borrow - they're sponsored by a bank no one particularly wants to promote due to its behaviour in the banking crisis and so the residents have dubbed them Boris Bikes after out floppy haired mayor, I have an annual access key which means that for about 90p a week I can borrow bikes for free for up to 30 minutes - which bearing in mind that any bu journey in central London no matter how short is 1.30 is a complete bargain!

I'm not sure what to do with this, but I thought I'd put it out there. I'm starting to get irked by some of the comments I'm getting, I really shouldn't have to deal with people telling me they think I'll put it all back on again or that I look gaunt on a Cambridge forum of all places - I'm a stone and a half overweight, whatever you think about BMIs, I may look skinny in the face due to glycogen depletion but I am definitely overweight and overfat still, I'm lucky that I look normal when I am overweight and overweight when I am obese, always have, but apparently that's allowed on the forum now...actually when I was on Lighter Life and I had my one and only 1 night slip in 210 days, someone said they were glad I had slipped as they didn't think it was natural that I had stuck to the diet!!! (People are funny!) but I like tracking my progress and people seem to think its useful. If I'm honest I've stopped doing Jillian Michaels due to all negative comments - as my weightloss is slowing naturally and I don't want people telling me it's because I am doing weights work or exercise - I am also tired of people telling me my weightloss would speed up if I was on a programme with eating, maybe for you mate, maybe for you. Not me. I'm just not used to this on what is supposed to be a support forum! Also the end of Cambridge is a vulnerable time, I could do without the needling!

Hey,

I've noticed you seem to get negative comments too! Ignore them! You know how you feel, your consultant is advising you on your finish weight I assume so they wouldn't let you get too low!

With regards to exercise man you are doing it right!! Yeh it might add a few weeks onto getting to target but at least when you get there you'll already be toned & physically fit!! When I return from Chicago I will be doing the same! It's sound advice & makes perfect sense!

Your doing fab (you know this!) ignore the negatives.....I think they are probably a bit jealous!

Gem xxxxx

So this morning I ran 2 miles and swam 800 metres. I would have done more but the pool got stupid busy and I felt I'd done enough so I had extra happy sauna funtimes.

Didn't walk to and from the gym cos I didn't need to...went to rehearsal, worked hard - quite physical and then did some performance poetry with some of my favourite people in London. I was honoured to be asked to do a special reading later in the evening. Everyone there was so lovely about how I looked (in fact I almost missed my performance slot as the host didnt recognise new slim me!)

Opening Night - Backstage. Come on darlin' by perfectlyvague, on Flickr

Which seeing as I looked like this last time they saw me, isn't surprising!

Bloody hell sarah, you look a bit gaunt in that picture ;) Have you lost weight daaaahrrrling?

Totally understand where you are coming from. I have another 2 stone to loose and had someone say this week, but how? When I said i am still obese she laughed, but I know it just clever dressing and being tall that helps me disguise it.

Cmon Hun don't take any notice you do what you need to do, it's your journey! And its not like you can magic the packs out of thin air as you have to see your CDC to get them, and they are helping you and monitoring your losses.

You are an inspiration put the other comments down to jealousy!

...actually when I was on Lighter Life and I had my one and only 1 night slip in 210 days said:
It is funny but people can spout some pretty mean sometimes cruel things when they see you have lost a lot of weight. I experienced this type of jealousy, I guess there is really not much you can do about it other than ignore it or confront it if the same person(s) keep at you. You do you! Some people get angry when they see you have done what they have tried and failed to do. You do for you what makes you happy. You are an inspiration to me and I have followed your journey since 1st part of June.

See, for that one negatron there are loads of supporters!

I think that person had an axe to grind, for what it's worth I think you have a look of Christina Ricci and Sophie dahl, so maybe they cant hack it that you have good looks and determination, after all its an enviable package.

Now, tell me what you do Sarah, I think I smell a government department formatting on those spreadsheets...I was seconded into one last year and all the people in Petty France have those Borris Keys, it's all adding up now. Civil Service?

C. you'll need to face jealousy on virtual life as on real life. Not everybody will be happy about your weightloss, success of other people is stimulating for some people, and it's making other people face their own misery and errors. That's just how life is...but you'll have the support of people for whom you are an inspiration, and for whom your story keeps them on track, and I am one of them ;) keep going hun, keep going ;)

Oooh - Nat you're quite the Sherlock! Alas no, I work in an investment bank (not one of the ones that owes you and me money, I hasten to add) - I did start out my professional life working on MoD accounting projects so I must have been influenced!

It seems that recently there are a few people posting here who are not on CWP and rather than staying in their own forums they come on here just to give their opinions about how "unhealthy" CWP is, etc.

Sarah, you are fabulous and have been so open here about your weight loss journey and frankly you are an inspiration to ANYONE seeking to lose weight and not just those on CWP. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and know that the majority here are behind you 100% ;)

On my way to last normal rehearsal before we get to the theatre. Ran for 30 mins so that means 810 approacheth as I won't run for longer without food. Swam a mile and had a good hot sauna. Feel great. Byeeeee!

Hi Sarah
Really feel for you re the negatives. I have had this before in my life and am also confronted with it on another forum. At least on here people seem mainly supportive.
I am not doing your diet but have been following your progress and you are a fab inspiration that I need right now! Looking forward to more!!
As to diets - I say each to his/her own - what suits one may not suit another. We're all in it together. :)

rehearsal went well, everyone had pizza apart from me...its just pizza, eh? sleepy now.

Just got back to a computer and read all the lovely comments. Thank you all, I hope (I know I will this time!) I do you all justice! Only a week of SS/SS+ to go...and then August will be my month of 810. And what the hell, why not have another crack at the 30 day shred - I stopped doing weights work and my weightloss has slowed right down...so I'm bringing back the Jillian!

Today is an exercise rest day as you need a recovery day after your long slow run. I had been hoping after 5 days of stagnating at 168.8 the scales might have budged this morning, especially as I did 800 cals of exercise yesterday...but nah - I seem to remember that exercise burn is a 2 day process so I'll get extra water down today (have to do that anyway as the lights in the theatre are fearsome warm).

But it would seem that this time round I lose slowly through the middle of my cycle and then suddenly drop half a stone just before TotM. Thanks for that Mrs Womb. Helpful. But first rule of VLCDs is that what gets burned must come off (eventually). Just kind of glad I'm not having official weigh-ins at the moment due to not being able to get to my consultant due to rehearsals and being in a theatre ALL THE TIME. I had been hoping for a nice impressive 3 week official loss, but at this rate it'll be 6lbs. My CWPC will probably suggest 810 from next week if my losses are still slow, but I am technically allowed to keep on SS for another 4 weeks. But yeah, I am slowing down. But even first time round I was capable of a 6lb loss in one week right at the end so I keep my hopes high!

I haven't updated the blog for a week...must do that...I'm still sticking to it. I'm having a few hald SS/SS+ days a week as I am what I like to call "Four-Packing" on my running days. CWPC totally cool with this and I feel pretty ketosisy as food doesn't bother me. I did watch someone eating a slice of pizza yesterday so intently - like it was the sexiest thing on earth, but I wouldn't have had a bite if you'd paid me. Even thoughthere was a cheesy looking slice left at the end and someone said 'Ah go on' I acknowledged it and then looked away.

I've been looking through the menu plans in the Jillian Michaels and Wolcott books and doing some analysis of the caloric intake. The Michaels book is about 1200 calories! Er...too low, lady! I know that's a two week eating plan...Wolcott is about 1600 - it's not a weight-loss diet, it's a resetting diet...and considering that has a fair bit of butter and mayo and fatty meat in it, that's well good. I'm really looking forward to stepping up to protein-type eating especially as I'll be doing it without the carb withdrawal. Interesting that sour-dough bread is better for me than ordinary...so so many things to take into consideration, I'm gonna need one hell of a food diary! Lucky for me I like a spreadsheet!

Hello C I have been reading your diary these days and I love to read how your days have been going with exercising. I always remember that being on ss and exercising showed slower weightloss.

But as you said when u burn you will loose eventually :) very true.

You are doing smashing by yourself with a CDC at the moment..!
X

See, you know what, I think you are getting set for a FULL ON LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Go Sarah!

I can imagine you now, all slinky in a pencil skirt business suit, razzing around town in your borris bike, looking super glam, all protein full and carb free - whheeeeeee.

I am in a bit of a strange giddy way this morning. Day 4 of the shred later. I Dont blame you for not wanting to leave Jillian by the wayside, it's addictive and raises my seratonin levels tenfold. I have started to put 5 minutes of pilates stretching on at the begining though, I have to say (I only did that yesterday, mind) that today my legs feel less stiff and achey.

I love your spreadsheets by the way, I want some!

Back