Chances of losing weight on holiday?!

Blimey ladies, looks like I've missed a lot on this thread today lol!

@Lousie - This is fab inspiration for my hols, I defo will have to keep myself busy with these sort of 'non-gym' activities

Yep, I wouldn't dream of wasting my holiday time in the gym. Luckily the rest of the family is really sporty (as am I really). I'm the only 'fat' (not for much longer) one, and we all enjoy our fabulous adventures.

wow i like this challenge, i havnt lost or gained much yet in my first week, ive got 8 weeks till the holiday which will be total ts 100% from now eeek 8 weeks today im excited.... but when im away im gunna set it so i gain no more than 5lb, i will cut back on drink and go for carb free options on the all inclusive buffet! i think reading this guys you can be normal, but can still try your best at times... i will deffo gain but i want to slim as much as i can beforehand. Well done on just your 5lb gain, easy to loose !! i may too use the gym as it states in brochure there is one.

How's it going Plym? Still on 100% TS??

I think I would say I've officially "fallen off the wagon" today. I've just eaten a handful of bacon fries/onion rings and a little plate of chips as my OH was having a huge plate for dinner! Going to have some chocolate later this evening as well with my cup of tea. Had to up the ante today to get myself out of ketosis, I don't want to be drinking on Saturday and find myself off my head on one glass lol! Not to mention having my leaving lunch for work tomorrow and I don't want to be all bloated and horrid after one bite..

I know I shouldn't but I do feel bad, a part of me wants to jump on the exercise bike... has my mind finally switched over to being healthy?! Here's hoping this time it's for good..

And welcome anniem, I'm going away this weekend for 2 weeks, really hoping I can stick to the 5lb especially as these lovely ladies have shown us all how it's done lol ;)

I'm sure you will xxx that's my aim too for when im away just need to get the weekend over with and that's my week done almost !!!

Everyone is working at it so hard. I guess the key to not failing is to just keep on trying and never giving up. Smidge and Plymm, you are both an inspiration :) You are both coping so well, and sensibly! I've no doubt you'll both do great and come out the other side looking gorgeously slim!

I'm hanging in there, unbelievably mega busy at work, shattered, getting back into ketosis, TOTM and so far managing TS one day + WS the next - but not giving up! I was on cue for TS today then we went to do the grocery shopping, way too late at 9pm, and I found it really tough, like I haven't ever before. So I opened a pack of sandwich chicken and ate it going round. It was that or hit the snack aisle! So although that pushed me into a WS day, I'm really pleased that I coped in a manageable way :)

I also have no idea how much weight my off-wagon weekend cost me cos I had to exchange my new scales that had gone faulty, I didn't compare them and now the new ones say I'm 9lb heavier! Even in my fat days I couldn't put that much on during a whole weeks holiday let alone two days off! Surely they must be reading very different to my old scales?!?! Frustrating!

Smidge - kind of?! I had milk in a coffee yesterday. I'm back to 10,11 this morning so quite pleased it only took 2 days to undo the weekends damage! And yes I'm like you, even whilst I was eating rubbish the weekend, I went for a 6 mile run Sat and a 5 mile one Sun thinking it might help towards the dent in m and m peanuts ;-)

Buttons, thats so true. You've always persevered too so you should give yourself some credit. I haven't been tested with a sick child etc and you came through all that and still plugging away so well done you. Ignore the scales figure (as in any gain) and just use that figure from now on. We have one of those machines that does your blood pressure etc in work and it always weighs me 3lb heavier, and a colleague so I know its them that are wrong! But i quite like chasing this one down under the stones rather than mine.
Well done on the chicken - I'd say thats definitely progress as it could easily have been something like pastry. Certainly don't beat yourself up as it won't affect ketosis xx

If it helps Buttons, I'm struggling too at the moment. Stupid, I'm not hungry! But I keep snacking on packs generally speaking. Thankfully I'm staying about the same weight but it means I'm stuck at the same figure for 3 weeks now! ARGH! Strangely enough if I eat out (I've a lot of lunches/dinners out at the moment), I'm not overdoing it and keeping it pretty healthy, but.... I'm drinking enough water, I don't know what's wrong with me that I just want to eat everything and constantly!! But like you, I'm stressed at the moment (work stuff) and I'm preparing to move apartments ahead of moving countries, so while I enjoy that process it's probably contributing on some level (the thought of going is exciting rather than stressful to me). So yeah I don't know. But fair play on having the chicken rather than getting something else in the supermarket!!!

Everyone on here is inspiring, regardless of whether they are having an easy or hard time!!

Thanks Joy. I should imagine you are feeling a mixture of emotions right now! It is very exciting and very life changing for you. Am quite envious! I do wonder what it is that gives us that motivation you just can't buy?! Wish I could bottle it and save some for times like these! Still, as long as we don't give in, then we're doing ok :)

Yeah me too!!! I wish we could bottle it for times like these!!! I'm not hungry, why am I wanting food?!!! Argh! Self sabotage I guess! Shall have to regroup and get motivated again :) we can do this!!!

Yeah me too!!! I wish we could bottle it for times like these!!! I'm not hungry, why am I wanting food?!!! Argh! Self sabotage I guess! Shall have to regroup and get motivated again :) we can do this!!!

Gathering motivation! We CAN and WILL do it! I hope you're staying with us after you've moved?! I have images of you lounging on a beach all day, sipping (diet) cocktails and all the fellas doing a double take as they walk past you ;-) Right now while its raining and I'm chowing down on a sachet of imitation shepherds pie (which I actually love!) I could really do with some of that sun, sand and sea!

Oh yes we WILL gather our motivation!!!! :D We can and ARE doing this!!!

Haha! I LOVE that image you have - though it'll be alcohol free cocktails as I don't drink so... Let those guys do their double takes though!! :D

I'll pop on here at least while I'm still on the diet once I've moved, not sure how much connectivity I'll have but I definitely want to hear how you're getting on! I think I'll still be on this for a couple of weeks after I leave, but who knows how managable that'll be?!!!

Some sun sand and sea would be lovely wouldn't it?!! 3 weeks to go (ok, 20 days)!!! :D

OOooh shepherds pie is YUMMY! I haven't tried the Exante one, but I love the SnS cottage pie! It always goes down a treat! :D

Sorry for late reply - I've been moving apartments the last week!

Where has everyone gone? Think its holiday season for everyone! x

I am here! :) Ploughing on, little ups little downs ;-) Doing ok on WS and just getting on with it. Just not as lucky with my Internet connection! Have had absolutely no connection for over a week and very poor mobile coverage too :-( Got Internet back now, sort of, but it keeps dropping out every two minutes. Have been avoiding ringing customer services again cos its like beating your head against an (Indian!) brick wall! Will have to I suppose...

Hope everyone's doing ok. Missed my minimins pals. Hugs to you all xxx

Hiya Buttons! Glad to see you're keeping on keeping on. Two more weeks for me, then refeed and lovely low carb forever! :D

Hugs to you too!!! I've hardly been on here too! Just moved out of my apartment and since I'm about to leave the country staying completely on plan is next to impossible!!! I keep getting asked out for lunches and dinners, which is great, but makes it really hard to stick with it! I was delighted to have gone down 1kg last week (2.2lbs) but I think the increased exercise (I'm not walking to and from work everyday which is 15mins in each direction) has helped a LOT!!

Am probably going to refeed when I leave just for ease and then drop the last small amount through good diet and exercise. I'm only 2kgs from my high school weight and look fab!!! Am so delighted!!!! :)

Hope you get that Internet sorted Buttons!!!

Wow Waterworks!!! Congratulations! That's awesome!!!!!

Ha ha wish I could say that for me plym I'm so off the wagon now! Need to get started again asap!!

Back