changing from vlcd to juddd

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i'm currently on cambridge, need to lose around a stone after losing 3 stone already but im getting frustrated with sticking to the shakes. im so close to the 8s but i really feel like getting back on the food. i dont think i can stick just cambridge much longer as ive been on it since march and im getting bored, fed up and miserable of having no social life. i feel like i have to stay away from parties and going out for meals and drinks because i might get tempted which didnt bother me at the start but i am starting to feel down about it now so i think its time to change diets.

for my juddd plan, i intend to stick to Cambridge on my Down days and follow a healthy eating plan with a few treats for my Up days. the only thing im nervous about is gaining weight during the initial switch, has anyone else switched from a vlcd to juddd and if so did you gain or sts or even lose on your 1st/2nd week of switching?

Lost 2lbs my first week, finished S+S on the fri started Judd with 2 UP days on the sat and sun which I always do and by the next sat I had lost 2lbs, don't expect vlcd losses as even though they are possible they are not the norm, 2lbs a week is average BUT you will lose purely fat so will notice 'size ' loss quicker than scales 'weight' loss x

Lost 2lbs my first week, finished S+S on the fri started Judd with 2 UP days on the sat and sun which I always do and by the next sat I had lost 2lbs, don't expect vlcd losses as even though they are possible they are not the norm, 2lbs a week is average BUT you will lose purely fat so will notice 'size ' loss quicker than scales 'weight' loss x

that's a good result, i'm not expecting big losses with juddd as i realise its more of as long term solution but to be honest my losses have slowed right down on cambridge anyway. im only averaging 1-3lbs a week, 3lbs on a good week, so really i feel its a hard slog considering the losses aren't great anymore. at least by eating i'll be happier with a slower loss because i'll know its because i'm consuming more calories, but when i'm eating 500 cals a day max every day and not losing vast amounts it does get disheartening!

I bet! As I said earlier I really take my hat off to anyone doing VLCD longterm especially if the losses have slowed. I range between 1 and 3lbs with 2 STS thats in the last 11 weeks, no official gains so my weight is decreasing maybe slowly but steadily and my size is shrinking quicker than my actual weight losses, thats a part of Juddd I particulary like. You will find you have more NSV than you will think possible in relation to the weight you have lost. I thinks thats down to the fact with alternate day dieting you lose fat not water or muscle. Juddd is def the best diet I have ever been on, I actually enjoy my DD s as I know they are the magic and I only do 3 a week so I get weekends free. You never feel deprived and it really is an enjoyable way to lose weight x

its fascinating that your actual size seems to be shrinking quicker too! i think thats what im also finding slightly frustrating is that its as if im waiting for this last stone to disappear to reveal the 'true me' as although i can see ive lost weight and am happy with my figure, some areas are not falling into proportion as quickly as i'd like so its like im waiting for something miraculous to happen to shift it! ive got my weigh in tomorrow with my consultant so if ive had a good result from this week then i'll certainly be considering starting juddd either from this weekend or next weekend. i've got my friend's birthday next weekend so will have to have a day off anyway so it might be the right time to begin juddding!

Hope you decide to join us =)

JUDDDing is great. I have a love/hate relationship with my downdays =P Its refreshing after a naughty day to get back on it. And its also great knowing that there is ALWAYS tomorrow. No matter what crap you are craving! I often find im craving stuff on a DD and I don't actually want it by the time tomorrow comes around =) Also very handy for social things like you mentioned =)

:) yes the more and more i read about juddd the closer i am to starting it. its not a question of if but when really! i've stuck to my shakes this week religiously so im hoping for a decent loss at my weigh in tomorrow, then i'll prob start juddd next week by keeping with my shakes on the down days and just eating normally on the ups. ive got my friends birthday next sat so i'll have to be off the shakes for that so that'll probably be when i start juddd. i need proper food in my system and seeing as im nearing my goal my losses are slowing on cambridge so i might as well have slow losses through eating rather than completely limiting myself!

How does this diet work then?
I'm currently on CD. Lost 3 stone in 11 weeks stopped for my holiday and can't seem to get back into it 100% :(
From what I'm reading here this judding sounds good..
But I'm confused by it still ? Lol

It simple, basically you eat 500 cals or under one day then the next day you eat freely but most people like to have a limit which is around 2000 cals, you can get your own personal figures by going to the DR Johnson up day down day diet website. Its called alternate day fasting which is in fact good for your health and helps you lose body fat as your body gets used to the swing and doesn't panic when it gets less cals one day therefore you don't store the extra cals therefore you lose weight.
If you gop to the main Juddd board on here there is a 'Thinking of starting Juddd' thread which answers most questions but always happy to help with any questions you may have x
Personally I absolutely love Juddd, I do 3 DD (down days) a week, Mon, Wed and Fri, I don't tend to count cals on my UP I just eat what I fancy its usually around 2000 weekdays but weekends I don't even try to keep track. I have been on it now for 11 weeks, this is my 12th, the weight is coming off steadily but the NSV far outweigh my weight loss which I have never had on any other diet, I feel great and actually know I am going to reach my goal on it and maintain when I get there as this is no longer a diet for me, its a Way of eating, I am not deprived or waiting for the diet to end so I can have something nice to eat, the diet ends at the end of every DD.
Weight loss varies between people and mine is fairly slow but steady and its going down not up even though I am eating takeaways and GU puds :D

Thank you very much for your reply.
Going to try stick with CD for 5 weeks until my next holiday then I think this will be the way forward for me. :)
That's if I can do SS :(
Day 1 again of my restart.. It's not going good just need to get past 3 days 100% and I'll be happy...
I may be judding before 5 weeks lol :)

i cant wait to juddd now, ive already started my calorie plan for both days, making a list of breakfast, lunches, snacks and dinners i can choose for both days. will initially follow cambridge for down days to get my last bit of weight off then just keep to low cal for down days thereafter. in B&M stores they sell 10 calorie soup which is great for a quick fix so will be stocking up on them for down days!

Back