Changing to dukan...

gemjar

Climbing the mountain...
Been on Cambridge weight plan for 6 days, did ok until last couple days when I've been at work.

Thinking my job is too demanding to do Cambridge and have heard good things about dukan from different people.

I do have the dukan book n have perused it but not in detail.

Is dukan a diet I can be active on without feeling weak but still lose weight? Would really appreciate any info, I'm on a timescale for two weddings too lol! Xx

Welcome to Dukan. There is so much support for dukaneers on here. I have not managed to stay on any other diet before this one. Once you get your head around what is allowed & what is not, it's very easy to follow. The carb & sugar craving disappear in a few days. Over Christmas I didn't stick to it properly & ate all kinds of stuff but now that I'm back dukaning properly I feel much better.
Planning menus & shopping is important & always have some snacks in the fridge ready.

Good luck on your Dukan journey

Once you have got through ketosis (the first few days/weeks) you will have so much more energy. But it is due to ketosis that you have to be strict about keeping to the diet unlike low calorie type diets. I have for years been a regular runner, do HIIT, some weights etc and also work long shifts in a very demanding job, and really do believe that this low carb way of life has improved my energy levels. I also find that, due to the demands of my job, I dont always get to eat regularly and thanks to Dukan find that I am able to function very well like this - in my old carb eating days I would get very unwell if hungry for too long (this is all due to sugar levels of course....). I lost a steady 2lb a week and felt fantastic.

Back