chappati

Hi everyone!
I am a newbie to this site but have been doing sw for about 6months now, quite successfully. I've been wondering about whether chappatti could count as a HEb? Made with wholemeal flour and no fat added, just water to make the dough. does anyone know the answer to this? I am thinking that if bread can be an HEb maybe a small chappati could?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

slimmerthanbefore! said:
Hi everyone!
I am a newbie to this site but have been doing sw for about 6months now, quite successfully. I've been wondering about whether chappatti could count as a HEb? Made with wholemeal flour and no fat added, just water to make the dough. does anyone know the answer to this? I am thinking that if bread can be an HEb maybe a small chappati could?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You'd be better off emailing SW to get an answer to something like that-if I remember rightly, someone a while ago had a bread flour ok'd by SW to use so they'd be able to tell you HTH

i would love to know this too!

Thanks. I don't actually go to group, i'm doing it from home so will try emailing and see if I get a reply! But won't hold my breath. Just thought maybe someone had already enquired about it from the people who say 'yay' or 'neigh'!

You mix wholemeal chappatti flour with water and knead to form a roll-able dough. Simple! just leave it for a bit before you actually cook it in a non stick pan or 'tava' to give it time to settle and chappattis should be soft. I don't add any oils or fats and chappatti turns out fine.:)

No problemm enjoy! If anyone on this thread goes to a SW group could you possibly ask the consultant if chappatti can be used as a HEb please?

Am 99% certain a SW consultant would say no, which is why I suggested previously that you email SW. There is a certain wholemeal flour that they deemed suitable and they'd be able to tell you what I was-unless you can find the thread in here-it was a few years back-altho the search will help

Did u ever get a reply?

No i didn't get a reply. One of my friends who goes to group said that her consultant said they can only be synned. If it's not listed in he B section it's not a he b!

The flour that's been mentioned is a Tescos own brand. I think it's for making wholemeal crusty bread. It comes in smallish bags that are red colour. The original post on it was about using it to make a pizza base. Does this help?

Back