Chapter Now Closed :D

Ah - glad you felt a bit better by bedtime Tan. We're queer articles aren't we? Men are always complaining they can't understand us .. they don't stand a chance really when we can't understand ourselves do they? LOL!

Re evening meals .. hmmmmm what about some different kinds of fish? Am I right in thinking you tend to stick mainly to salmon? That River Cobbler Mary recommended is nice and very cheap too - I get it in Tescos but they must sell it elsewhere. You could bake it in the oven in a piece of tinfoil and at the same time roast some cherry vine tomatoes and pieces of courgette with maybe some garlic granules and/or some season-all or some oregano or herbes du provences and a spray of fry light. You could add some aubergine to that (I go through phases of liking aubergine and am in a 'not' at the mo) if you felt like it and/or some chunks of red onion.

What about a fritatta? Start it off in a frying pan like an omelette. For 2 of us I use about a 10" frying pan and 4 eggs. Spray with fry light, throw in some chopped spring onions, soften them and then put the beaten eggs in and while they're cooking (not too high a light) throw in some chopped mushrooms, chopped ham or chicken, whatever you've got really, some seasoning if you like and I like to add chopped or dried chives as well. When it seems as if it's pretty well set (shake the pan and it doesn't act like a runny omelette) but still soft on the top, take it off the heat and put some grated cheese on the top. You can put tomato on too if you like but leave spaces between the slices if you do because you're now going to put it under a pre-heated grill to 'set' the top and it's when it all puffs up and goes a light browny colour that you know that it's done. If you've covered the entire top with toms - you can't tell (I did this once .... can you tell?? ;))

This is lovely hot or cold. If we don't have it all I've been known to take some to work. Hot we usually have a bit of stir fried veg or occasionally bbq beans with it.

Hope this helps hon. Have a great weekend xx

Thanks Jan - certainly does help :)
The way you make a fritatta is exactly how i make an omlette ...... maybe im actually making a fritatta then! lol Im not sure about cheese though - they do make them very tasty but im trying to avoid it really as i could easily eat a whole block!!! :giggle: LOVE courgettes but theyre quite expensive at the minute although i think i might stretch to one on monday when i do my shop and have some roasted courgette and red pepper one evening with something. Never tried aubergiene ... although actually think i have in Turkey but it was deepfried lol

Will have a look at what other fish is on offer at asda but i bought haddock from there when i was last on refeed and when i was eating it it was full of bones and put me off completly which is why ive stuck to salmon .. no bones :giggle:

I feel alot better about things today - i think i just need to stop worrying so much. Bf reassures me i always look slim even though i seem to always think i look fat and bloated. I think maybe my mind hasnt quite caught up with the fact that im no longer a size 22/24.

Ha Ha - you wouldn't like my omelettes then - beat 2 eggs, chuck in pan, throw in filling on one half, turn other half over that, cook a while, turn whole thing over & cook another while & Bob's yer Uncle! xx

Weighed myself this morning and im 2lbs down :D Only 3 to go till im back to where i started maintainence.

Decided my weigh in days are now guna be on saturday mornings before work. I found this last time and im tired of worrying about every little thing over the weekend cuz of weigh in on monday so yuppers, saturday morning weigh ins from now on :) (still, treat day will be monday :))

Sunday 29th November

B- 1 and a half special k bar
L- small turkey roast (2 slices turkey, 2 roast pots, spoonfull mixed veg, spoonfull cauliflower cheese, gravy). LF Choc mousse.
D- Be good to yourself cumberland fish pie

*1.5litres pure water
*1 330ml can pepsi max

*4 ginger biscuits
*3 fox's biscuits - woweeee biscuit day or what lol
*packet of salt and vinegar walkers.
*handfull of chocolate raisens

Worked at the hotel today hence the big improvement on water and measly breakfast lol Usually i have nothing when i work there as i get up and just go but today i was so hungy i had the special k bar.

Last edited:
Looking good can't believe you have lost 2lbs already thats brilliant news go you! Menu looks good too. Hope your looking forward to your dinner tonight. xxx

Hi Tanya

You are doing SO WELL!!! Well done. I think doing the exercise will help you as well and the weight will just drop off you.

Have a great week!

iris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your around! are you ok? Saw what you posted in another diary - cant wait to get you back on here full time! lol You will and can rein yourself in and of course, we are all here :D

Well done Tan!!!! :):):)

Wow! Into my 4th week of maintainence now! :eek: Just thinking, im sure this time around last time i was about a stone heavier after my holiday etc so in retrospect im not doing that bad being only 3lbs up :)

So today = treat day! haha

Monday 30th November

B- Wholemeal seeded bagel with thin spread of 'i cant believe its not butter'. 2 Ginger biccies dunked into a cuppa :doh:
L- Pork luncheon meat & lf soft cheese bagel. 7 slices of cucumber. Half apple & Half LF Yog.
D- Spaghetti & quorn meatballs in LF Bolognaise sauce.

*1 330ml can pepsi max

*5 jaffa cakes
*10 brazil nuts
*Packet prawn cocktail crisps
*Dark chocolate fairtrade choccie bar

Edit: So, there was no wholemeal bread in the cupboard so just made my lunch with white bread. Took one bite then though nooooo i cant be eating white bread!!! :eek: So i scrapped all the soft cheese out, spreaded it on a bagel and put the pork meat in there too :giggle: So 2 bagels today.

Last edited:
Just thought of another dinner I like- chop a load of veg up chunky-style (carrots, turnips, baby corn, sugar snap peas, are my fav) mix through a tin of tuna or salmon (or use fresh chunks of fish)- mix through a small tin of low-salt/fat soup and some herbs/spices and bake until the veg/fish is cooked.
Comfort food...mmm!
Those low-fat hot choc sachets you can get (highlights?) have been a life-saver lately when the choc cravings hit? Reminds me of the choc LT shakes! LOL!

:cry:

All i want is chocolate and crisps!
Why does this have to be so hard? Why cant i eat what i like and be as skinny as a rake? Why why why?!!!!! :mad:

:17729: :17729: :17729: :17729: :17729:

Part of me is now thinking sod it - go and eat some do it - but then the other part of me is saying no .......... i hate this! :sigh:

Off for a well early night - just to avoid the goodie loaded cupboards calling my name .... :giggle:

i'm glad you're feeling better since this post but seriously - have a look at that book i mentioned a while ago - "The Gabriel Method". even if it doesnt make you lose weight or maintain whatever - it makes you address these things - and it's an interesting read!

love lots xxxx

Oooooh irish that sounds tasty with salmon, not tuna though? lol
Infact i still have 2 LT maint soup sachets left over and they say that it can be used as a 'sauce' so i might give that a whirl irish, thanks :)

SL - Thanks for the book rec, i'll look it up :) xxx

It can be 'bulked up' with pasta too if you like?

Cook the pasta first irish yeah?

Tuesday 1st December :winter_brr:

B- Banana. 30g weetos & s.s. milk.
L- Pork luncheon meat & LF Soft cheese & cucumber sandwich. 1 tomato. LF Yog & apple.
D- Out to dinner with 2 friends tonight so had; breaded mushrooms with garlic mayo to start (only at 4 they were huge!!!) and Salmon & broccoli fish cakes with chips. - ate both fish cakes :drool: and 10 chips (my friends munched the rest! lol) And i didnt have desert :D Just sat and drooled over theirs! lol

*1 litre pure water
*1 330ml can pepsi max

*6 brazil nuts & 1 tube of smarties (mid morning)
*2 jaffa cakes (home from work)
*1 slice of bread with LF soft cheese (after afternoon nap) :doh:

So this morning it was sooooooooo cold when i got out of bed, there was ice on the cars and i even dug out my gloves as it was that cold :(

Christmas is well and truely on its way!!

:26:​

Last edited:
Haha! Ive been wearing gloves a big fluffy scarve and a big winter coat for over a month now get ready for the cold hun!

Your menu looks good hope you enjoy ur evening with your friends. And always cook pasta first before adding it you can always half cook it if your gonna throw it into soup or something coz it will continue to cook but pasta is pretty hard to overcook. xxx

Wednesday 2nd December

B- banana. Muesli & s.s.milk
L- 2.5oz (dry) wholewheat pasta. 1/3rd jar of LF Bolognaise sauce. 1/2 tin tuna. 1/2 tin sweetcorn. All mixed together :drool: i proper enjoyed this!!!!!!! :drool: LF Choc mousse. Apple.
D- Chicken stirfry with Light salt soy sauce & lemon juice. (fry light to start off the chicken)

*1.5 litre pure water
*1 small glass pepsi max

*1 satsuma (7:30)
*6 brazil nuts (12:45 - straight from swimming)
*Another 8 brazil nuts :doh: I have now chucked the rest of the packet in the bin - just cant have em near me :sigh:

Exercise

*30 mins (50 lengths) of constant swimming.

Last edited:
Oohh, get you & your healthy snacks & exercise!! LOL! You're putting me to shame here- the only exercise I get lately is running after the girls and sorting out Christmas stuff!!
Still, I'm sts so I must be doing okay? ;)

Well done on your loss Tanya, bet you were well pleased hun. You are doing fantastic.

Thanks Mary ... i was still 3lbs up after that 2lb loss but hoping for a STS or 1lb loss this saturday morning :fingerscrossed:

Oohh, get you & your healthy snacks & exercise!! LOL! You're putting me to shame here- the only exercise I get lately is running after the girls and sorting out Christmas stuff!!
Still, I'm sts so I must be doing okay? ;)

:giggle: I feel like i eat too much. My bf tells me i eat alot really but my calories are always around 1200-1500 so i figured this is ok!

Exercise! i love swimming and im planning on going again friday. Guna gradually up and and hope the hunger i feel after slowly subsides!

Heres :fingerscrossed: that this week i'll atleast sts or lose a lb! lol

Glad that you are managing ok though Irish - you dont update much mrs! :giggle: xxx

Last edited:
Jesus dont know how you manage to do that many lengths i could barely manage 14 haha! and that was after a sauna break after 10. Yeah sometimes it looks like im eating more than my friends in work then i look at the calories they have vrs mine and mine is well less than half then there's its amazing if you choose the right things what you can eat.

Sure is anne-marie - although the brazils are high in cals so :doh: for today! lol

And re the lengths, the pool i go to isnt a full size swimming pool! Infacti i shall find out tomorrow the exact length but its definatly not a full size one! I'd probably only manage around 14 too on a normal pool! lol

Back