Chapter Now Closed :D

Well done hun its great wen you can look at it from a different perspective. Well done on not caving with the chocolate the strong mints were an excellent idea. Your menu look as gorgeous as ever. Gonna try make your curry tomorrow shud be interesting haha!

So i have lost a total of 50.8 kgs. Today when i was helping out my brothers gf with the house (cleaned the kitchen, bathroom & plenty of hoovering and window cleaning!) my dad came over with their new matress. It was vacum packed (memory foam one) and weighed 30.7kg so i thought ahhh cant be that heavy surely if ive lost 50.8. :eek: oh my word!!!!!!! I lifted it no problem - sure it was heavy but really made me think how the hell did i manage to walk around with almost two of these slapped to my ass?!!!! :eek: i was sooooo shocked but at the same time actually felt very proud :)

Just shows what a long long way you have come Tanya.

I know I havent lost as much as you did, only just over 3 stone, but its surprising how much a difference I feel walking around these Welsh hills, not out of breath at all compared to how I used to be.

Well done Tan - it's great when something like that gives you some idea of what you've achieved. AND well done on the mints!

I too haven't lost nearly as much as you, but I know when we were in America there's not way I could have done all the walking we did before - especially those hills in San Francisco!!!! :) xx

Ahh thanks girlies :grouphugg:

So today has been good :)

Thursday 26th November

B- Banana. Muesli & s.s. milk
L- Tuna & hummous sandwich. Side of sweetcorn, 4 slices cucumber & 1 tomato. LF Yog, satsuma & apple.
D- Baked Chicken, 1 small boiled pot & Veg.

*750ml pure water
*1 mug black coffee & 2 sweetners
*half can of 300ml pepsi max
*half cup of tea with s.s milk & 2 sweetners

*1 pack apple & sultana go ahead bar thingys (162cals for the pack - 3 of em)
*6 extra strong mints

Exercise :eek: yes - exercise! lol

*34 laps of the pool
*25mins in the sauna (ok not exercise but still sweating :giggle:)

So went swimming today - loved it! Forgot how much i enjoy it!! Am going again tomorrow. Going to slowly build up the laps. I had my breakfast early today as i was hungry - i think its the mints - so wont be having any more - which is why i bought the go ahead things - best out of a bad bunch with the vending machines in work i tell ya! lol

Not too sure how much the sauna would've burned off me ... probably not alot! Might go look up the effects of sitting in a sauna ... :)

Now to just conquer the rest of the day and get over the fact that i exercised which allows me some chocolate biscuits ..... which obviously it doesnt :sigh: lol

Last edited:
Well done on the exercise Tanya, sure makes you feel good - doesnt it.

Even though I only done 24 minutes, its given me the incentive to be excited and looking forward to the next time. I cant wait to get out of bed tomorrow afternoon and start the step programme lol.

:giggle: You've got me wanting to get on the stepper now! I'm thinking of doing the wii fit on my non swimming&sauna days .... let the challenge commence :giggle: xxx

Well if you start that it'll put me to shame ;)

Well done on your swimming Tan! 34 lengths is good going girl!

Sorry to tell you the sauna doesn't do anything for you weight wise. If you did a before and after weigh you WOULD be lighter when you came out but as soon as you have a drink it'll go back coz it's only moisture you're losing - so I believe anyway. But it is supposed to help get rid of toxins, I don't like the way they make your breathing feel but if you enjoy it and it makes you feel good - go for it! xx

Im with you on this one Jan, not fussed on saunas either but my OH absolutely loves them. I hate the breathing feeling in them too.

Glad it's not just me xx

We need another thread now, with Wii fit minutes performed lol.

Set it up girl :) :) :)

Well if you start that it'll put me to shame ;)

Well done on your swimming Tan! 34 lengths is good going girl!

Sorry to tell you the sauna doesn't do anything for you weight wise. If you did a before and after weigh you WOULD be lighter when you came out but as soon as you have a drink it'll go back coz it's only moisture you're losing - so I believe anyway. But it is supposed to help get rid of toxins, I don't like the way they make your breathing feel but if you enjoy it and it makes you feel good - go for it! xx

Yeah i read up about the saunas and read that you just lose water cuz of sweating. But i enjoy them so will still keep it going just today do more laps in the pool :)

Breathing .... i find easy in the sauna ... its the damn steam room i cant handle. Smells like your breathing in a tonne of vix ... not nice! lol

Friday 27th November

B- Banana. Muesli & s.s. milk
L- Tuna & hummous sandwich. Side of sweetcorn, 1 tomato 5 slices of cucumber. LF Yog & apple.
D- Tomato & pork lunch meat omlette.

*1.5litres pure water
*1/2 mug black coffee & 2 sweetners

*4 quality streets :doh:
*slice of deli ham & 2 seafood sticks

Exercise

*60 lengths of the pool .... 35mins constant swimming :D :D Chufty badge!!! LOL
*15mins sauna
*13mins on wii fit (step, 2 muscle tonings & hula hoop)

-------------------------

So today - i just feel like eating and eating and eating. There is something about fridays that makes me want to 'munch'. Right now all i want is a packet of crisps and some more chocolate ...... :mad: I am very tempted to have a packet but i know i cant just have 1 right now.

I'm getting a little bored of my dinners but my lunches i absolutly love! LOVE having a scrummy sandwich for lunch :heartpump: love it .... but anyone got any suggestions for something different for tea that i could make?

Preferably not involving potatoes/breads/pasta/rice ..... doesnt leave a lot does it :sigh: but i dont like to have these if i can help it for tea as i go to bed 2 hours after tea and i almost always have them for tea at weekends so ..... aaaahhhh ideas?!!?!?! Anyone?!!?!?!!?! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Stir-frys? Omelettes? Mixed bean chilli?
You're not leaving many options apart from meat/fish and veg! LOL!
Have you tried steaming a load of chopped veg and mixing through a spoon of light philadelphia with chilli & black pepper. Its a bit different to 'plain' veg? (I love it!)
Or maybe roasting your veg instead?
You could also experiment with different herbs & spices on your meats?

Stir-frys? Omelettes? Mixed bean chilli?
You're not leaving many options apart from meat/fish and veg! LOL!
Have you tried steaming a load of chopped veg and mixing through a spoon of light philadelphia with chilli & black pepper. Its a bit different to 'plain' veg? (I love it!)
Or maybe roasting your veg instead?
You could also experiment with different herbs & spices on your meats?

Omelettes .... mmm thats an idea ... might have one tonight :confused:

I think thats the problem ... the veg is plain. I have a little vinegar on it and pepper but i think im craving something more flavourous (is that even a word?! Lol) Iv got lots of spices/herbs in the cupboard but never really thought to put them on my veg.....

Its just one of them fed up icky days today i think where im just not happy :sigh: .... get out the violin guys :giggle:

:cry:

All i want is chocolate and crisps!
Why does this have to be so hard? Why cant i eat what i like and be as skinny as a rake? Why why why?!!!!! :mad:

:17729: :17729: :17729: :17729: :17729:

Part of me is now thinking sod it - go and eat some do it - but then the other part of me is saying no .......... i hate this! :sigh:

Off for a well early night - just to avoid the goodie loaded cupboards calling my name .... :giggle:

Last edited:
I hear you Tanya, and I know, its a horrible feeling when we want something, but know if we indulge a little it will go a lot further. Get on that Wii girl and do some more steps, go and pamper yourself in the bath, have a manicure, do something different with your hair, just do anything to keep you busy and your mind off food. Thats what I am doing the last couple of days and its working.

Cant really suggest much more for tea for you, apart from what Irish has already suggested, my main thought was omelette too. Maybe some mushroom or cheese omelette with some bacon or a gammon stead and side salad.

:cry:

All i want is chocolate and crisps!
Why does this have to be so hard? Why cant i eat what i like and be as skinny as a rake? Why why why?!!!!! :mad:

:17729: :17729: :17729: :17729: :17729:

Part of me is now thinking sod it - go and eat some do it - but then the other part of me is saying no .......... i hate this! :sigh:

Off for a well early night - just to avoid the goodie loaded cupboards calling my name .... :giggle:

Oh my god im so with you today all i want is bloody chocolate and crisps I don't know why maybe its the crappy weather or maybe we are just insane. haha! optimism all the way.

On the food idea i swear by herbs and spices on veg it makes it a meal i could just have veg half the time once its topped with some spices and always cut your veg chunky ive found this makes it feel more like a proper meal dont know why. Also gives more room for the spices to attach too so they taste yum yum!

We will make it threw this day without binging on crap im repeating this to myself over and over now. Days nearly over just a few more hours. Thanks god. Let us wake up to wanting only good healthy things. xxxxx

Ya know i feel ok now - i got into bed, relaxed for a little while, just went to sainsburys with my mum and got some bagels for tomorrow (fancied a change) and i feel just about ok. I did buy some be good to yourself chocolate mouses but iv just put them straight in my fridge. They were an impulse buy but i thought maybe they will get me through the weekend (untill treat day) if i need some chocolate. Only 88cals and 1.8g fat. I appreciate your replys girlys; lovely to know there is always someone around :)

Im guna have a proper sit down sunday/monday and really think about my evening meals as i just dont look forward to them - its a time they need a jazzing up! lol

Night all :) xxxx mucho loves xxxx

Ah - glad you felt a bit better by bedtime Tan. We're queer articles aren't we? Men are always complaining they can't understand us .. they don't stand a chance really when we can't understand ourselves do they? LOL!

Re evening meals .. hmmmmm what about some different kinds of fish? Am I right in thinking you tend to stick mainly to salmon? That River Cobbler Mary recommended is nice and very cheap too - I get it in Tescos but they must sell it elsewhere. You could bake it in the oven in a piece of tinfoil and at the same time roast some cherry vine tomatoes and pieces of courgette with maybe some garlic granules and/or some season-all or some oregano or herbes du provences and a spray of fry light. You could add some aubergine to that (I go through phases of liking aubergine and am in a 'not' at the mo) if you felt like it and/or some chunks of red onion.

What about a fritatta? Start it off in a frying pan like an omelette. For 2 of us I use about a 10" frying pan and 4 eggs. Spray with fry light, throw in some chopped spring onions, soften them and then put the beaten eggs in and while they're cooking (not too high a light) throw in some chopped mushrooms, chopped ham or chicken, whatever you've got really, some seasoning if you like and I like to add chopped or dried chives as well. When it seems as if it's pretty well set (shake the pan and it doesn't act like a runny omelette) but still soft on the top, take it off the heat and put some grated cheese on the top. You can put tomato on too if you like but leave spaces between the slices if you do because you're now going to put it under a pre-heated grill to 'set' the top and it's when it all puffs up and goes a light browny colour that you know that it's done. If you've covered the entire top with toms - you can't tell (I did this once .... can you tell?? ;))

This is lovely hot or cold. If we don't have it all I've been known to take some to work. Hot we usually have a bit of stir fried veg or occasionally bbq beans with it.

Hope this helps hon. Have a great weekend xx

Saturday 28th November

B- Banana. muesli & s.s milk.
L- Pork luncheon meat & hummous seeded bagel. LF choco mousse.
D- 1 slice of a roasted chicken breast. a spoonfull of mini scallops. half slice garlic bread. 3 slices of beetroot (the stuff in the jar). 1 slice of deli ham. 1 slice of cheese.

*750ml pure water
*1 330ml can pepsi max
*1 glass rose wine
*vodka & pepsi max's

*1 satsuma
*pack of goahead orange & sultana bars (3 in a pack! Why cant they come in packs of 1 hey?! lol)
*2 bread sticks & garlic dip & a mini pepperami.

Making muffins today as my grandad is coming down so we can meet his new partner - they are getting married next year and apparantly she loves muffins and seeing as they are a speciality of mine it'd be rude not to make them :giggle:

i will not eat a muffin! will not will not will not!!!!!!

Promise!x

YAY!! Have not touched a muffin! chufty badge! lol having some drinks tonight as its a bit of a family occasion - have just met my grandads partner for the first time - feels a little weird but she is lovely.

Have work at the hotel tomorrow - cleaning 14 rooms & changing all the beds in each room - so will have some more exercise that way :) hopefully sweat out the drinks tonight lol Not too sure if its a good idea drinking with work tomorrow but hey ho lol

Last edited:
Back