CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Yeah the problem with me and Mike is we're both SO laid back. I'm used to being the laid back one in relationships, so in some ways me and Mike are perfect for each but in others I get confused as to why he just doesn't do more! Haha. Yeah I think we probably are the complicated ones. I doubt men think this hard into things haha. You haven't outed your fella as a pain in the arse though don't worry - there's nothing like have a little moan every now and then :). Me and the OH sound very similar though, we spend our lives goofing around and making each other laugh,but it works so I'm happy!

Ooooh I want to see 12 years a slave but I think it'll traumatise me so I might wait until it comes on Sky. I didn't really get into Dallas buyer's club but wolf of Wall Street was really good! I wouldn't say it's lighthearted (although it is compared to 12 years a slave!) but it is hilarious. Long though, the actual film is 3 hours, without adverts!

Thanks for the nice comments, pretty pleased with the weightloss so far. It's going slow but pretty steady :) how's it going for you? Yeah Brighton's fab, I actually live a little north of it but it's where I kind of spent those all important growing up years.

The thing about your fella not wanting to get out of second gear made me laugh so much! Hilarious! I can only imagine how infuriating that must have been for your friend, haha - yet so weirdly logical in his mind! Great story!

Just saw your post about 12 years a slave. I saw it tonight and OMG that did not make for pleasant viewing. While the movie was amazingly well done I didn't think I'd be spending my Saturday nighy crying my eyes out. Left the cinema just feeling so so sad. Even when he was saved it was horrific as he left that poor abused woman behind. Things like that seriously break my heart. I'm glad I've seen it so I wont feel like I've missed out when it wins zillions of Oscars, but good God I'd never EVER watch it again!

Sounds like we have the same taste in films as I'm off to see Dallas Buyers Club tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it won't be quite as sad, don't think I can take another movie as intense as that for a while!

I saw Wolf Of Wall Street the other week (we have those unlimited cineworld cards) and it was incredible. Soo funny and Leo and Jonah Hill were amazing. Best film I've seen in months x

I agree on the how we were raised/family life etc. I guess I am pretty lucky as I don't have to get under his skin my two grown up daughters do! They nip at his head as dates come round ;) my daughters have an unsaid rule and I guess I am the same birthdays always a family meal out with cake and candles. Even if you can't buy a little gift, a card is chosen and bought/made even better! That is enough in my eyes (not saying gifts are gratefully appreciated :rolleyes: ) My eldest daughter is a thoughtful giver of gifts, I remember Mick treating you to afternoon tea at the Ritz? Well I mentioned that to my eldest daughter how lovely that would be.....my birthday in November she took me to the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh we sat in the Bollinger Bar/Palm Court where we supped champagne and had afternoon tea. I thought of you whilst there .... however, hubby gatecrashed that with the youngest and loved being tagged on Facebook as people naturally assumed he had arranged it not my daughter! Men Eh! :8855: xxx

Oh Sharry, what lovely girls you have - they have clearly been raised by kind hearted parents. Afternoon tea is so lovely and such a treat....I would love to go again (note to self: drop a hint to Mick!).

I would love to visit Edinburgh! I would love to do the festival. Do you live in the heart of Edinburgh Sharry?

X

Yeah the problem with me and Mike is we're both SO laid back. I'm used to being the laid back one in relationships, so in some ways me and Mike are perfect for each but in others I get confused as to why he just doesn't do more! Haha. Yeah I think we probably are the complicated ones. I doubt men think this hard into things haha. You haven't outed your fella as a pain in the arse though don't worry - there's nothing like have a little moan every now and then :). Me and the OH sound very similar though, we spend our lives goofing around and making each other laugh,but it works so I'm happy! Ooooh I want to see 12 years a slave but I think it'll traumatise me so I might wait until it comes on Sky. I didn't really get into Dallas buyer's club but wolf of Wall Street was really good! I wouldn't say it's lighthearted (although it is compared to 12 years a slave!) but it is hilarious. Long though, the actual film is 3 hours, without adverts! Thanks for the nice comments, pretty pleased with the weightloss so far. It's going slow but pretty steady :) how's it going for you? Yeah Brighton's fab, I actually live a little north of it but it's where I kind of spent those all important growing up years. The thing about your fella not wanting to get out of second gear made me laugh so much! Hilarious! I can only imagine how infuriating that must have been for your friend, haha - yet so weirdly logical in his mind! Great story!

Yeah it's nice and comforting to be Happy in a relationship isn't it? It's like a state of contentment, which is also damaging for the waistline!!! I have said it in my previous diary, but Mick is 6 foot and heavily built, I am 5:3 and not supposed to be heavy built and I eat the same, if not more than him!! I have put on loads since we have been together. I would like to get back to my Before Mick (BM if you will!) weight...

Didn't you like Dallas? I really really want to see it! What was it that didn't fit with you?

I didn't realise WoWS was so long.....We are seeing it next Tuesday. Do you go to the cinema a lot? We do, Mick is a huge film buff, it's his 'thing' his hobby, it's a great hobby, but an expensive one! We don't live near any of the cheap deal cinemas, we only have Vue or Empire - £9.50 a ticket. Also, what snacks do you take? I have never been able to deal with NOT having popcorn or pick n mix or something! What is it with cinema that makes you think you HAVE to eat snacks?! I need to get over that little obstacle at some stage!

Yes the driving story is funny - the car would make such a horrendous noise, I used to take him out in my car and he would do the same! He actually found it all difficult and nerve wracking, he is not a natural driver, even now the gears don't come natural to him, he is still very aware of coming down and going up gears....apparently this is a trait of someone who drove automatic only for years.

You are so lucky having Brighton on your doorstep, how fab to grow up near there. Altho one thing, or rather two things that let Brighton down? Stag and Hen Dos!!! People act like such a!seholes when in big drinking groups! I have been a member of hen parties many times over the years and a few times in Brighton so I feel totally justified in calling them a!seholes!!! It's really not my thing, I am the one you will find not quite joining in and only when I had to, there is always one or two in the party who lag behind and wish they weren't wearing the same tshirt and their mates and drinking wine through a willy straw!!! Still, it's a rite of passage I suppose. I know when I get married, my hen thing (I know I won't get away with not having one with my friends and family!) will be different and to my taste......hmmm gotta think hard at what would be my taste....
Xx

Just saw your post about 12 years a slave. I saw it tonight and OMG that did not make for pleasant viewing. While the movie was amazingly well done I didn't think I'd be spending my Saturday nighy crying my eyes out. Left the cinema just feeling so so sad. Even when he was saved it was horrific as he left that poor abused woman behind. Things like that seriously break my heart. I'm glad I've seen it so I wont feel like I've missed out when it wins zillions of Oscars, but good God I'd never EVER watch it again! Sounds like we have the same taste in films as I'm off to see Dallas Buyers Club tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it won't be quite as sad, don't think I can take another movie as intense as that for a while! I saw Wolf Of Wall Street the other week (we have those unlimited cineworld cards) and it was incredible. Soo funny and Leo and Jonah Hill were amazing. Best film I've seen in months x

Hey! Another cinema lover!! I wished we had a cineworld near us - we would drain they use put of it!!!!

Yes it is so sad Bev, my heart was so heavy when we left and we spent ages talking about it in the car and then I got home and spent ages taking about it with Mick (he saw it the week before when I was poorly). It's one of those films that stays with you. Poor Soloman, altho you know he was one of the lucky ones who never really suffered as much as the other slaves. Poor Patsy, he left her to his fate of that evil man and his wife. I am proud to say that three British Actors and one British Director did a fabulous job, their accents were brilliant I thought. I have a thing about accents in films, sometimes I don't know what casting directors are thinking, they are so appalling!!!!

Let me know what Dallas is like and glad you enjoyed WoWS as well - I love Jonah Hill!! I saw 21 Jump St the other day, he was brilliant in it!

X

I have never been able to deal with NOT having popcorn or pick n mix or something! What is it with cinema that makes you think you HAVE to eat snacks?! I need to get over that little obstacle at some stage!

Have you tried the multipack of flavoured popcorn sainsburys do?
its a 6 pack, 11g a bag and flavours are smoked paprika, salt and vinegar and cheese and chive, 2.5 syns a bag.

being a crisps/savoury snack lover, i have them a lot...i can have those AND a pkt of space raiders (the smaller ones from the big pack) for 5.5 syns instead of 1 packet of something for the same amount of syns ;)
(more is def better for me and if i can thrifty on the synnage then BONUS! lol)
they're £1.50 a pack and although they're not salty, sweet, butter or toffee popcorn...they might do the trick?? x

Ooh thanks Miss k, I love popcorn, I could eat it all day long and I love savoury flavours- 2.5 syns you could have a few packs too. Hmm, I
Might toodle off to sainsbos for those. I have just bought a bag of salt and vinegar ones from tesco this morning, so I will get thru those first. The space raiders are fatal in multipacks in my company, I hate the whole multi pack in one sitting the last the I bought them !!!!

Ooh thanks Miss k, I love popcorn, I could eat it all day long and I love savoury flavours- 2.5 syns you could have a few packs too. Hmm, I
Might toodle off to sainsbos for those. I have just bought a bag of salt and vinegar ones from tesco this morning, so I will get thru those first. The space raiders are fatal in multipacks in my company, I hate the whole multi pack in one sitting the last the I bought them !!!!

Charley..you're girl after my own heart lol

i tend to stick to corn snack type ones but if i'm off plan...i'll have walkers cheese and onion or mccoys....mmmm!

the popcorn is good....ok it's not warm buttey yumminess but as you say, you could have more than one packet and not have missed out or felt as guilty!

they were on offer for £1 a wee while ago so i stocked up....but i like them...just watch your teeth in case you bite down on a kernel! grrrr lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Minimins

Hey! Another cinema lover!! I wished we had a cineworld near us - we would drain they use put of it!!!!

Yes it is so sad Bev, my heart was so heavy when we left and we spent ages talking about it in the car and then I got home and spent ages taking about it with Mick (he saw it the week before when I was poorly). It's one of those films that stays with you. Poor Soloman, altho you know he was one of the lucky ones who never really suffered as much as the other slaves. Poor Patsy, he left her to his fate of that evil man and his wife. I am proud to say that three British Actors and one British Director did a fabulous job, their accents were brilliant I thought. I have a thing about accents in films, sometimes I don't know what casting directors are thinking, they are so appalling!!!!

Let me know what Dallas is like and glad you enjoyed WoWS as well - I love Jonah Hill!! I saw 21 Jump St the other day, he was brilliant in it!

X

Didn't end up seeing Dallas Buyers today, drove all the way to the cinema to find there was nowhere to park. Grr!! It's always dead in the week but today there was an event at the arena over the road and everyone had nicked all the free parking in the cinema! Ah well, we'll have to try again next week. It's a pity there's nowhere to park nearby, but it's all double yellows and I didn't want to risk get clamped. If you see it before me you'll have to let me know how you find it.

Hope you're having a nice weekend x

Yeah it's nice and comforting to be Happy in a relationship isn't it? It's like a state of contentment, which is also damaging for the waistline!!! I have said it in my previous diary, but Mick is 6 foot and heavily built, I am 5:3 and not supposed to be heavy built and I eat the same, if not more than him!! I have put on loads since we have been together. I would like to get back to my Before Mick (BM if you will!) weight...

Didn't you like Dallas? I really really want to see it! What was it that didn't fit with you?

I didn't realise WoWS was so long.....We are seeing it next Tuesday. Do you go to the cinema a lot? We do, Mick is a huge film buff, it's his 'thing' his hobby, it's a great hobby, but an expensive one! We don't live near any of the cheap deal cinemas, we only have Vue or Empire - £9.50 a ticket. Also, what snacks do you take? I have never been able to deal with NOT having popcorn or pick n mix or something! What is it with cinema that makes you think you HAVE to eat snacks?! I need to get over that little obstacle at some stage!

Yes the driving story is funny - the car would make such a horrendous noise, I used to take him out in my car and he would do the same! He actually found it all difficult and nerve wracking, he is not a natural driver, even now the gears don't come natural to him, he is still very aware of coming down and going up gears....apparently this is a trait of someone who drove automatic only for years.

You are so lucky having Brighton on your doorstep, how fab to grow up near there. Altho one thing, or rather two things that let Brighton down? Stag and Hen Dos!!! People act like such a!seholes when in big drinking groups! I have been a member of hen parties many times over the years and a few times in Brighton so I feel totally justified in calling them a!seholes!!! It's really not my thing, I am the one you will find not quite joining in and only when I had to, there is always one or two in the party who lag behind and wish they weren't wearing the same tshirt and their mates and drinking wine through a willy straw!!! Still, it's a rite of passage I suppose. I know when I get married, my hen thing (I know I won't get away with not having one with my friends and family!) will be different and to my taste......hmmm gotta think hard at what would be my taste....
Xx

It it definitely is! I can't wait to be my BM weight either haha. Half a stone should do it now...

I didn't love it, no. I like my films to be either really funny, incredibly touching or really exciting (or animated!) but it just didn't really fit into any of those. I can see why so many people love it though and Matthew mcconablahblah was seriously good. I do go a lot yeah, we have an amazing Cineworld by us, so we pay £15 a month for unlimited movies, food and drink discounts, no extra cost for 3D films and it also has an IMAX screen and d-box seats which we occasionally treat ourselves to. We don't often have snacks if I'm honest, we usually get a diet coke and sometimes mike will get maltesars but I'm happy just having around 5 of them. I did take grapes and strawberries in a couple of times ago mind you! What's your favourite film you've seen recently?

Haha yeah, there are always stag/hen dos but to be honest they go to places that most of the locals don't go to. But even when they are around I never notice them - you become immune! You must get more in Essex now after TOWIE has become so popular? But I'm soooooo with you on the hen do thing, I don't understand the whole willy straw, tacky sash, learner plates and having a stripper's pride slapped in my face thing at all. I think I'd prefer to go away on a city break or perhaps a spa break. Or even to a posh hotel in London, afternoon tea, maybe a show. I don't ask for much do I?! Haha. Do you think your friends will allow you to have a different kind of hen do? I'm made my best friend promise me she won't arrange any of that kind of stuff and luckily she completely agrees with me!

Charley..you're girl after my own heart lol

i tend to stick to corn snack type ones but if i'm off plan...i'll have walkers cheese and onion or mccoys....mmmm!

the popcorn is good....ok it's not warm buttey yumminess but as you say, you could have more than one packet and not have missed out or felt as guilty!

they were on offer for £1 a wee while ago so i stocked up....but i like them...just watch your teeth in case you bite down on a kernel! grrrr lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Minimins

I found that popcorn yesterday and you are right, they are really nice! Although in true CharleyBarley styley, I had to sample all three flavours back to back!

I will defo be getting these for my cinema treats. Thanks for the tip!

Didn't end up seeing Dallas Buyers today, drove all the way to the cinema to find there was nowhere to park. Grr!! It's always dead in the week but today there was an event at the arena over the road and everyone had nicked all the free parking in the cinema! Ah well, we'll have to try again next week. It's a pity there's nowhere to park nearby, but it's all double yellows and I didn't want to risk get clamped. If you see it before me you'll have to let me know how you find it.

Hope you're having a nice weekend x

That's a pain in the pants Bev! We get the same problem in our local cinema sometimes, mainly on a Wednesday (Orange Wednesday). We are seeing Wolf of Wall Street tonight, really looking forward to it!

I hope you are having a good day.

It it definitely is! I can't wait to be my BM weight either haha. Half a stone should do it now...

I didn't love it, no. I like my films to be either really funny, incredibly touching or really exciting (or animated!) but it just didn't really fit into any of those. I can see why so many people love it though and Matthew mcconablahblah was seriously good. I do go a lot yeah, we have an amazing Cineworld by us, so we pay £15 a month for unlimited movies, food and drink discounts, no extra cost for 3D films and it also has an IMAX screen and d-box seats which we occasionally treat ourselves to. We don't often have snacks if I'm honest, we usually get a diet coke and sometimes mike will get maltesars but I'm happy just having around 5 of them. I did take grapes and strawberries in a couple of times ago mind you! What's your favourite film you've seen recently?

Haha yeah, there are always stag/hen dos but to be honest they go to places that most of the locals don't go to. But even when they are around I never notice them - you become immune! You must get more in Essex now after TOWIE has become so popular? But I'm soooooo with you on the hen do thing, I don't understand the whole willy straw, tacky sash, learner plates and having a stripper's pride slapped in my face thing at all. I think I'd prefer to go away on a city break or perhaps a spa break. Or even to a posh hotel in London, afternoon tea, maybe a show. I don't ask for much do I?! Haha. Do you think your friends will allow you to have a different kind of hen do? I'm made my best friend promise me she won't arrange any of that kind of stuff and luckily she completely agrees with me!

Ah, it seems like we have another cinema lover on our hands! I wished wished wished we were near a Cineworld!! When we move (one day!) we are going to move somewhere where there is a Cineworld close at hand! We use the cinema so often, but its so so expensive.

As I mentioned above, we are going to see Wolf of Wall Street tonight, last week I saw 12 Years a Slave, which was brilliant but traumatic! Have you seen it?

TOWIE! I absolutely hate TOWIE and being associated with it! The area where TOWIE is filmed, is not near where I live - fortunately not everyone acts or looks like they do in TOWIE. The main areas where it is filmed, yes there are pubs clubs and bars, but sadly are full of those sort of people. They don't go out to let their (perfectly quaffed) hair down, they go out to be seen. So I wouldn't really frequent those places. I have always said there are TOWIE type people in every town in this country, but now, because of that show, people think that that's the true experience of Essex.

I like near Lakeside / Bluewater - which isn't a great area in that there isn't much to do. But if we go out, we usually go out in London which is close by.

Will my friends let me get away with what I want for my hen? Hmmmm, good question. The truth is, I don't really want to do anything for my hen - but I won't get away with that, if I give them hints, then I reckon they will abide by it. I need to come up with something totally tame....!

Ah, it seems like we have another cinema lover on our hands! I wished wished wished we were near a Cineworld!! When we move (one day!) we are going to move somewhere where there is a Cineworld close at hand! We use the cinema so often, but its so so expensive.

As I mentioned above, we are going to see Wolf of Wall Street tonight, last week I saw 12 Years a Slave, which was brilliant but traumatic! Have you seen it?

TOWIE! I absolutely hate TOWIE and being associated with it! The area where TOWIE is filmed, is not near where I live - fortunately not everyone acts or looks like they do in TOWIE. The main areas where it is filmed, yes there are pubs clubs and bars, but sadly are full of those sort of people. They don't go out to let their (perfectly quaffed) hair down, they go out to be seen. So I wouldn't really frequent those places. I have always said there are TOWIE type people in every town in this country, but now, because of that show, people think that that's the true experience of Essex.

I like near Lakeside / Bluewater - which isn't a great area in that there isn't much to do. But if we go out, we usually go out in London which is close by.

Will my friends let me get away with what I want for my hen? Hmmmm, good question. The truth is, I don't really want to do anything for my hen - but I won't get away with that, if I give them hints, then I reckon they will abide by it. I need to come up with something totally tame....!
When are you getting married? congrats xx

I found that popcorn yesterday and you are right, they are really nice! Although in true CharleyBarley styley, I had to sample all three flavours back to back! I will defo be getting these for my cinema treats. Thanks for the tip!

Lol...well you're as well deciding which is your fav fast lol
And 3 bags would only be 150 odd calories compared to how many for a huge tub?

They're great aren't they, and I think you get a decent amount for them only being 11g

Glad you found and liked them :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tuesday 11th

I haven't been around much and haven't really logged my food, which has been patchy to say the least. I weighed on Friday and had a 3lb gain, which didn't surprise or sadden me because I had lost 8lb the week before, having virtually starved myself where I was poorly, so I am still 5lb up.

Here are a few meals I have made over the last couple of days

Veg and feta pasta, totally delish

image-1633960283.jpg

Chickpea burger and mango salsa

image-3712531184.jpg

Close up on the burger, it was fine

image-3272331913.jpg

And I thought I would add a picture of some oil I am infusing with a leftover bottle (it was the cider bottle my mum bought back from Cornwall, they recommended that you recycle, so I did!) look how pretty

image-1895281889.jpg

I actually thought I had taken more photos of meals but clearly haven't!

Today I have had:

B - Greek Yog, honey, granola and banana

L - leftover chickpea burgers and mango salsa

image-816160095.jpg

Snacks - Oops piggy time - whilst catching up on mini diaries I scoffed a packet of Escapes (baked pitta triangles, they are gorgeous) and a whole bag of tesco midget gems!! Oh the shame! There I have said it now - ordinarily I wouldn't have admitted that.

D - tonight, no dinner, we are going straight to the cinema where I will be eating an 80g bag of tesco salt and vinegar popcorn (sigh)

Also I want to mention that I bought some Raspberry Ketone tablets from W0wcher as they were on special offer. I don't usually go for dietary tablets, supplements whatever, but I thought I would give it a go for a week or so. Started taking them on Saturday with no ill effect as yet.

Back