CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

You can do it Charley!!

I just have to say one thing, I too thought I'd come to terms with my looks but I think that is one of the biggest and hurtful walls to break through on this journey. I've always been the fat one so it didn't really bother me any more, I had accepted this is who I am....until an almost complete stranger shook me up and told me I was like this by choice, I'm not big-boned, I wasn't meant to be like this and that I can change. Just because I've never done it before doesn't make it impossible. That was the breakthrough I needed to commit...

Having said that I'm hardly at target! But I think having that thought, my body CAN be healthy, will get me there.

Big hugs!!

x

I guess it takes all sorted of triggers to get us there - for you it was this person, who sounds like an A£se hole to me by the way, putting it bluntly. To someone else its those embarrassing situations like a seat breaking from under you etc etc.

I have never had that trigger because to be honest, I have always been on a diet, as a child I was bigger and my mum went to great lengths to tell me so, I have always been aware of my size and why I am the size I am. I have slim wrist and ankles so I know I am not meant to be this size. I supposed in my teens and 20s I felt the need to slim for the way I looked, but in my 30s it became for different reasons - it has always and will always be a struggle, which is why I have always yo-yoed. I need the thunderbolt moment, the one that you had, to make that change.

One day at a time...

Have a Bon weekend!

x

for you it was this person, who sounds like an A£se hole to me by the way, putting it bluntly.

Have a Bon weekend!

x

Haha, he was! You too!x

I know it's a bit of a cheek, but can the bonafide SW members of my minifriends help me out with something please?

I have three meals I was going to use up whilst cc-ing, but if I can find out the syns I will be able to use them within SW rather than leaving it a few days. Can someone look up the syns for me pretty please? I promise I won't keep asking!

I read somewhere that some fuller longer meals from M&S were quite low in syns. The first one I have is cod balti and the second is keralan chicken with filo topping

Also a pea and ham Covent garden company soup - I doubt it's an HEB but I know some syns are.

Thank you in advance xxx

Cod balti is 8 syns on all plans. The keralan is 7 syns on EE/red and 16 on green.

Can only find pea leek and ham soup which is 14.5 for whole carton. Not a B choice but 300g of their plum tom and basil is, as is 300g carrot and corriander.

Sorry for spelling and grammar! X

You wonderful lady! Thank you.

I can't believe the soup is twice as synful as the meals!!!!

xx

Morning all!!

I was up early doors this morning (4am!!) with a feeling of excitement - a bit like the dawning of a new day (sounds sappy I know, but I have a bit of a buzz about me) SW is the way! I have written a list of things I want and I am going to pop to Sainsbos this morning for some SW friendly goodies. Low Low, canned lentils, feta, to name but a few... Does it matter we spent £70 yesterday online shopping? Nah! It's better than spending £20 on a giant Papa Johns Pizza!

So today I have decided to start with aplomb, rather than wait until Monday. I have to finish up my Ready Meals because I hate waste of that scale. So lovely Stacey gave me the syns last night - so I will be mainly using my syns on one of the meals for lunch - but it's only 7 syns, which gives me 8 more to play with.

B - 2 boiled eggs and one of my juices containing 3 celery sticks, 3 carrots, half a cuc, knob of ginger and an apple. I know the SW po-po don't necessarily approve of juicing, but I firmly stand by my beliefs that anything that fowl can only be a good thing!!! I jest of course, it doesn't taste that bad but I think getting all of the above nutrients PLUS your regular five a day quota is very important for your general health.

image-3462587751.jpg

And my murky looking juice - it wasn't that nice tbh, I hate ginger!

image-1389693439.jpg

I have a song in my head, while the radio is playing Gangsters Paradise, I have Nina Simone - it's a new dawn, it's new day, it's a new life for me....and I'm feeling gooooooood

Again, I want to say thanks to my lovely supportive mini friends on here. You are so wonderful and, well, supportive xxx

Charley, WOW. Love your determination.

My advice is to follow the principles but do not be rigid - adjust things to suit your lifestyle and what you like.

SW is the best plan I have ever been on and recommend it to anyone as it is a lifestyle plan which allows me to eat healthy food and enjoy life - I do not have new books but use my old books as a guide.

Just enjoy it and take one day at a time. The only advice I have is try to make your own food and avoid ready meals/salads - you make your own dinner & breakfast, why not do the same with lunches (you can make homemade soups for fraction of the price and tastier). Also by taking your own food to work, you avoid temptation of what is on display in the shops.

However, the biggest hurdle, I had to get over was to make my own peace with food - took me ages but finally, I came to terms with that I need food to live but I do not live to eat. Now things can sit in my cupboard for ages without me wanting to eat it all at once.

You are on the right track young lady and I am here for you if you need my help - just shout.

Have a lovely weekend. I am off to finish digging a patch of the garden to plant potatoes, onion, peppers and BNS.

Charley, WOW. Love your determination. My advice is to follow the principles but do not be rigid - adjust things to suit your lifestyle and what you like. SW is the best plan I have ever been on and recommend it to anyone as it is a lifestyle plan which allows me to eat healthy food and enjoy life - I do not have new books but use my old books as a guide. Just enjoy it and take one day at a time. The only advice I have is try to make your own food and avoid ready meals/salads - you make your own dinner & breakfast, why not do the same with lunches (you can make homemade soups for fraction of the price and tastier). Also by taking your own food to work, you avoid temptation of what is on display in the shops. However, the biggest hurdle, I had to get over was to make my own peace with food - took me ages but finally, I came to terms with that I need food to live but I do not live to eat. Now things can sit in my cupboard for ages without me wanting to eat it all at once. You are on the right track young lady and I am here for you if you need my help - just shout. Have a lovely weekend. I am off to finish digging a patch of the garden to plant potatoes, onion, peppers and BNS.

Thanks Rosa, wise words from a wise lady . SW is a great plan and I have lost of weight over the year on it.

You know I am a chef at heart and I love to cook, so no more ready meals, they were a fad anyway. Don't get me wrong they were easy and less mess but it niggled me as to what was in them, plus, they aren't very filling!! I have one for lunch just to use it up, but I will be counting it.

You have hit the nail on the head when you said about my relationship with food. THAT is my problem, food is my life and love and always has and that doesn't necessarily need to change but I just need to be better at making the right choices. I need to be a lot harder on myself than I currently am, just for the next 6 months, then once I reach a healthier and happier weight I will ease off. I won't put too much pressure on myself because that sends me off the reservation, I will just clean up my attitude towards it. I have three little caramel bunny things in the fridge that are 5 syns, I plan only to eat these if I have enough syns left at the end of the day and only one at a time. Let's see how I do. Unlike you I find it very difficult having naughty food in the house without scoffing the lot, this is something I need to start controlling better.

Thanks for everything Rosa and have fun in the garden! Xxx

Oops pressed send too soon, here's my Sainsbury's shop

image-2897293870.jpg

I am assuming that quorn nuggets are still 1/2 syn each and LMc rosemary and onion sausages are free and mini babybel lights are 3 for HEA and low low is 2x HEB per tub?

Off to do some tidying and planning out my weeks food with a cup if toffee coffee!!!

X

Lunch and dinner

image-2275735986.jpg

image-2167521712.jpg

This was tasty..

But this was tastier!!!!

image-3006431088.jpg

image-2092916640.jpg

PHEW! Just caught up on your last week! First of all I just want to give you a big virtual hug. :grouphugg:

When I read your list of reasons why you want to lose weight it reminded me of me so much. I wrote a similar list myself at the start of my journey when I was feeling rock bottom, I still have it hidden away at the bottom of my diary. It really helped it hit home to me just how much I want this any why, I hope yours had the same effect on you.

Well done for starting today with SW instead of Monday, I think that's a huge step in the right direction. I used to be one of those people who started a new diet every Monday, which was broken by Wed, then I'd tell myself I could eat crap for the rest of the week and just start again on the next Monday! :rolleyes: I was always waiting for that light bulb moment too, so I put it off and put it off, until I just realised it wasn't going to come, EVER. At that point I realised that although dieting is bloody hard, being big is so much harder. I'm so glad you're not waiting for that light bulb any more, the only person we cheat when we tell ourselves stuff like that is us.

I know how much you want this, we can all see it in your posts. I really think you'll do it, it's just a matter of getting yourself into a brand new routine and putting coping mechanisms in place for dealing with the eating out. You shouldn't have to compromise on your social life because you're losing weight, but I'm the same if my friends are eating out, I NEED the nice food too, the company is great but if I'm sat with a salad all night I'll just get resentful and want to binge!

As for the list of food you wanted to eat when Mick's away, I'd have totally done the same too!! Its weird isn't it, almost like it doesn't count if no-one else sees it!!:rolleyes::p The first step to fighting those cravings though is talking about them and getting it out in the open, so well done you. It clearly shows you don't want a week long binge, you just need a strategy in place for eating healthy!

Anyway sorry for rambling on again! I just can relate so much to what you say about all this stuff, you remind me of me so much! xxx

Yay!

Hurrah for new starts and well done for getting straight on it.

Yes to all the questions you asked (low low, babybels etc etc).

Dinner looked so tasty! Enjoy today xx

Welcome back to SW Charley! I love to see food hauls and get ideas. Babes your burger dinner looked so freaking tasty!

Well done for breaking that 'must start Monday' too, always a question of why? when people say that! Whats so special about Monday anyways? We all despise it because its the first day back to work so why add to it as your first day of eating habits changing?! Nah, never understood it myself!!
Hope you have a fab day xxx

PHEW! Just caught up on your last week! First of all I just want to give you a big virtual hug. :grouphugg: When I read your list of reasons why you want to lose weight it reminded me of me so much. I wrote a similar list myself at the start of my journey when I was feeling rock bottom, I still have it hidden away at the bottom of my diary. It really helped it hit home to me just how much I want this any why, I hope yours had the same effect on you. Well done for starting today with SW instead of Monday, I think that's a huge step in the right direction. I used to be one of those people who started a new diet every Monday, which was broken by Wed, then I'd tell myself I could eat crap for the rest of the week and just start again on the next Monday! :rolleyes: I was always waiting for that light bulb moment too, so I put it off and put it off, until I just realised it wasn't going to come, EVER. At that point I realised that although dieting is bloody hard, being big is so much harder. I'm so glad you're not waiting for that light bulb any more, the only person we cheat when we tell ourselves stuff like that is us. I know how much you want this, we can all see it in your posts. I really think you'll do it, it's just a matter of getting yourself into a brand new routine and putting coping mechanisms in place for dealing with the eating out. You shouldn't have to compromise on your social life because you're losing weight, but I'm the same if my friends are eating out, I NEED the nice food too, the company is great but if I'm sat with a salad all night I'll just get resentful and want to binge! As for the list of food you wanted to eat when Mick's away, I'd have totally done the same too!! Its weird isn't it, almost like it doesn't count if no-one else sees it!!:rolleyes::p The first step to fighting those cravings though is talking about them and getting it out in the open, so well done you. It clearly shows you don't want a week long binge, you just need a strategy in place for eating healthy! Anyway sorry for rambling on again! I just can relate so much to what you say about all this stuff, you remind me of me so much! xxx

Ah Bev, thanks so much for your lovely post - it's like I am wrote it myself - diets always start Monday!! I just figured that I should strike while the iron was hot. It's nice coming back to SW because i know it so well. I will make some changes from before, I won't be eating mindless amounts of free food like I used to and trying to make substitute foods that usually let you down taste wise.

You are right too, no one else is going to do this for me so I have to do it for myself. I feel really positive - it's funny that sneaky eating thing you said, if no one sees it then it doesn't count - like the county rule....if you cheat on your partner in a different county - it doesn't count!!

Your comment about Mick being away have me a little light bulb moment - I have a cunning plan. All the things I had planned in my head to eat, amongst other things, curry, pizza, Chinese, kebabs... I can do some serious fake aways can't i? I could SO do it. It will be mainly midweek but because Mick is away I will happily spend hours in the kitchen preparing for my meals and do enough for lunchtimes too. Usually I quickly cook something as we love spending the evening in front of the tv eating dinner and being together you know - but I will be solo so I can do some serious classics in the kitchen.

did you see James Martin yesterday? He did this amazing lamb shank madras - totally SW doable!!

Have a lovely day xxx

Yay! Hurrah for new starts and well done for getting straight on it. Yes to all the questions you asked (low low, babybels etc etc). Dinner looked so tasty! Enjoy today xx

Thanks Laura. Thanks for the food advice too. I don't want to be a pain too much keep asking questions!! I am really optimistic this time.

Happy Mothers Day!! I hope the kids are spoiling you. X

Welcome back to SW Charley! I love to see food hauls and get ideas. Babes your burger dinner looked so freaking tasty! Well done for breaking that 'must start Monday' too, always a question of why? when people say that! Whats so special about Monday anyways? We all despise it because its the first day back to work so why add to it as your first day of eating habits changing?! Nah, never understood it myself!! Hope you have a fab day xxx

Thanks Minks - I have lots of ideas of old and always trying to gather in and steal new recipes from here!!!

The burger was absolutely amazing. And also I served up the chips, sat down and thought 'if don't need that many', so I gave a handful to Mick! That's pretty rare for me!

X

Sunday 30th March - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MINI-MUMMIES ON HERE

Today has been nice so far. I popped to see my mummy and my sister and bro and his family were round and we sat in the garden, gorgeous sun today. Mum made tea and got the biscuits and cakes out and I resisted!! Pretty proud of myself there.

Later on this afternoon we are going out for a meal, so I will probably be over syns but I will make good choices. I have offered to drive so I won't drink, well I'll have one cheeky vino perhaps!

Food today:

B - Egg and Ham Tower!!

image-1230079273.jpg

1 slice toast (HEB), 1tsp butter (1.5), 1 ham, 3 baby toms lightly fried, 1 egg, some spinach, then repeat!!!

S - I have just had a bag of popcorn (2.5) and a banana, apple and orange

image-1464863462.jpg

D - WHO KNOWS!!!

I have my food planned for the rest of this week, well until Friday. I am sorted.com!!!

Xxx

Hey Charley,

Hope you're good! Just caught up on the last week or so of your posts - I think SW is the right choice for you. It's so flexible and if you've already mastered portion control then you're totally on to a winner. I reckon it'll bring great things for you!

Just a thought about your week without Mick - SW have literally just released a cookbook called Fakeaways, do you know someone who could get it for you from group or could you order it online? I had a little peek at it last week and it looks fab.

Charley, reading above, just realised that a friend gave me a fakeaway book (booklet) a while ago can't follow recipes and make up my own most of the item. Please PM me with your address and I post it for you when I get back home in a week.

Back