CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I know, its boring and also quite frightening too. I don't want to be a Pensioner who struggles to pay a fuel bill, I want to be able to enjoy retirement. The idea is to try and do something about my debts first, then mortgage, then pension - I need to get my credit card and catalogue bills down and my overdraft, then I want to pay off the loan I have against my mortgage, then I will think about Pension. I have 25 years in which to sort my sh!t out!!

Yep - it's pretty rubbish really. LOTTERY WIN. I have decided this is my only viable* option.

*viability is not guaranteed

I work in the financial services & get reminded daily how much money is needed to have an 'reasonable' retirement, on a brighter note the new rules brought in will help with retirement income when it's our turn to retire.

I know​ I'm going to be poor when I retire as I spend my money now, I can't go on nice holidays AND save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work in the financial services & get reminded daily how much money is needed to have an 'reasonable' retirement, on a brighter note the new rules brought in will help with retirement income when it's our turn to retire. I know I'm going to be poor when I retire as I spend my money now, I can't go on nice holidays AND save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you Michelle, we love our holidays and breaks away, I am beginning to think about the future now and perhaps thinking we should keep the big holidays to once every two or three years rather than once a year! I find talking about pensions and mortgages etc all overwhelming, or underwhelming - however you want to look at it.

I don't want to be rich when I am older but I also don't want to not be able to afford fuel bills either!! A happy medium was be perfect! Xx

So food today:

Thursday 10th

B - 2x LMc sausages and WW Petit Pain (HEB + 1.5) for butter

image-3593462342.jpg

L - Feta (HEA), Sweet Potato and leftover rice (1) with Salad

image-2111462244.jpg

S - Half pack of beef mooli bites (1) and quavers (5.5)

image-1544528842.jpg

D - Garlic Prawns and Special egg fried rice (2) for sesame oil (1) for chilli sauce

image-3710880712.jpg

Syn - 12.5

Just made myself this

image-3718459476.jpg

Greek Yog with a tsp honey and black sweet cherries - hmmmm (3)ish syns

So 15.5

Just made myself this

View attachment 133073

Greek Yog with a tsp honey and black sweet cherries - hmmmm (3)ish syns

So 15.5

Oh man that looks AMAZING! Where did you get your black cherries from? I seriously need to try this!

As always your food has looked lovely today, well done on a bang on plan day xxx

Oh man that looks AMAZING! Where did you get your black cherries from? I seriously need to try this! As always your food has looked lovely today, well done on a bang on plan day xxx

Ah thanks thanks gorgeous, and well done to you for getting into the 18s - whoop whoop - you must be so chuffed with yourself

I got the idea from someone else on here I think it was Sally Vater, you should check her diary out of you haven't already her meals are drool some!!!!

The black cherries are frozen from sainsburys!! I have those and the mango (which are nowhere near as nice) and you get two packs for £4 or something, I just shoved them into the microwave for a minute or so and bobs your uncles, it's so tasty - I have to syn my Yog, but if you have fat free Yog it's a nice low syn dessert. Sometimes I add the options white choc powder to the Yog, it tastes lovely .... Have a nice evening sugar xxx

Thanks hun, that sounds awesome! And yep I'm over the moon at being in the 18's, feels kinda unreal tbh, expect it'll take a few days to sink in!

Gonna look for those cherries in Sainsburys, sounds like an amazing dessert, can see it becoming a staple!

Have a nice evening too xxx

Jeez girly that is one good looking food day! Lunch = #amazeballs or what?! How you doing hun? Xxx

I did have a lovely good day -KFC, pah, be gone!!!

I am doing good thanks. You must be pleased you current Lahden stint is over for the time being?

Happy Friday Minks! X

Thanks hun, that sounds awesome! And yep I'm over the moon at being in the 18's, feels kinda unreal tbh, expect it'll take a few days to sink in! Gonna look for those cherries in Sainsburys, sounds like an amazing dessert, can see it becoming a staple! Have a nice evening too xxx

Well it is real Bev and it took all of your real hard work and determination - you are a model SW-er it's really working for you. Xxxx

Food does look yummy today, yep two bags of frozen fruit is £4, I find strawberries don't freeze well.

You are right, strawberries are not good at freezing, I am not a fab of the mangoes once they have thawed either, they are very soggy and slippery, if you know what I mean, they aren't very sweet either. The cherries however are a hot, esp when you nuke them for a bit longer and all the juice is bubbly and you whack it all on some cold Yog - hmmmm

Xx

Friday 11th April - :scale: weigh in day.

Well I decided to "man up" and weigh in today rather than give myself an extra day and weigh in tomorrow. I only lost 2 b!oody pounds!!!!! :woohoo:

I am both thrilled :D and surprised :eek: all at the same time. I don't deserve it, but I am going to snatch it with both hands and run with it (well I will hobble away quite quickly, I still have my bad ankle!)

I am really happy today, and I am going to keep going, I have nothing planned until next Friday so I plan to stick to plan.

Tomorrow is looking like this:

SATURDAY RED DAY:

Up early, Banana and Coffee
Mick out for the day (yippee! I mean sad face - miss you...)
Swimming, then maybe do a few weight machines for my bingo wings and fat back
Food shopping
Unpack
CLEAN
Lunch (totally nicking someone's (I think Stacey or Minks) idea of pork burgers stuffed with babybel lights (HEA) with bun, pitta or wrap (HEB) and salad;
CHILL
Mick will return at 8ish
Dinner - Chicken Breasts stuffed with philli and garlic and wrapped in bacon (HEA) with Jacket Spud (HEB) salad
AND RELAXXXXX

There will be syns here, unsure where they will be.....

SUNDAY EE DAY

Up early, Kettlebells DVD x2 10 minutes.
Cinema - Captain America - Taking HEB roll with two BGTY sausages (1) and Bacon and cheese (HEA) with butter (1.5) and ketchup (1) and Grapes
Visit Ma and Pops, cuppa tea and a sneaky shortbread perhaps.
Prep dinner - Lamb Shank Madras and Rice

That's the plan, I hope to God I can stick to it!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!! xxx

I am going swimming, then food shopping and I plan on having a red day. Sunday I am planning on cooking a lamb shank madras, which I am so excited about and then Monday - Thursday will be sticking to plan on a mix of Green and EE days I think.

Yay!! Well done on a fabaroo loss babes!! Take it and enjoy!

As for your super impressive weekend plans - you have everything covered. Lamb shank madras... tell me more??

Loved your 'mick out yay! I mean boo' thats so me when lee is out! I love him and all but a day or evening alone is awesome. He is working bank holiday fri and mon... shame! :D

Hope your Friday flies by! Xxx

Back