CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Here's dinner and boy was it good:

image-3654343658.jpg

The rest of my syns today are currently being sought in a red wine bottle!!!

Xxx

Sunday 13th April

Hi all, what a glorious day it is! We just got back from the cinema and mum and dads. I have been a good girl so far today with this for the cinema:

image-318973355.jpg

image-120112634.jpg

2 BGTY saus (1) and cheese (HEA) onion and ketchup (1)

And my snacks

image-1657713410.jpg

30g popcorn (7.5) and grapes. But unsurprisingly after my mammoth roll I couldn't eat the popcorn, so I may have it tonight.

Dinner is going to be my attempt at lamb shank madras which I will be preparing shortly...xx

Hello hello!

Cor that sausage bap looks so nice. Gaz is a mega sausage and cheese and fish finger and cheese fan :)

So glad to hear you're having a good weekend.

Ohhhh I'm sorry about the pork burgers. I bake them in the oven so the get colour all over but they are a little dry. I just don't like the taste and texture of mince. Even XL mince I find fatty. Sorry to be gross but I seem to have gristle in every mouthful and it makes me wanna hurl! Xx

Dinner (3) for oil

image-2423542695.jpg

It was really nice, but I will omit the Tamarind paste in future, I didn't like the taste of it it was quite overpowering....

So 5 syns so far (I had 2 slices of ham and an orange in between my cinema roll and curry), so 10 still to use. I may have my popcorn from earlier or even peanut hottie which I found in Sainsbos with Greek Yog and black cherries, or caramel bunny for 5 syns ....so many options!!!!

Hello hello! Cor that sausage bap looks so nice. Gaz is a mega sausage and cheese and fish finger and cheese fan :) So glad to hear you're having a good weekend. Ohhhh I'm sorry about the pork burgers. I bake them in the oven so the get colour all over but they are a little dry. I just don't like the taste and texture of mince. Even XL mince I find fatty. Sorry to be gross but I seem to have gristle in every mouthful and it makes me wanna hurl! Xx

I love anything with cheese on it, cheese makes the world a better place!!!

Yeah I overcooked it a bit and next time will do it in the oven, I George Foreman-ed it on Saturday. I love me some beef mince and no need to apologise for being gross - you can't separate me from my beef mince !!!! Xxx

I love anything with cheese on it, cheese makes the world a better place!!! Yeah I overcooked it a bit and next time will do it in the oven, I George Foreman-ed it on Saturday. I love me some beef mince and no need to apologise for being gross - you can't separate me from my beef mince !!!! Xxx

Yeah I totally agree about cheese!

We've got a George somewhere but it's still in the box! I bet my mums sent it to the chaaaarideeee shop.

I actually have decided I'm not mad keen on beef? I've just realised. Roast gammon is my new love.

Anyway, enough food daydreams! X

Tuesday 15th April

I hope everyone is doing well, the sun is shining weather is sweet, makes me wanna move my dancing feet...

Only a couple more days before a fabulous four day weekend - yippee!!!!! I never posted much yesterday, esp foodage - this was my red day Monday:

B - All Bran (HEA + HEB) with banana and honey (2)

image-958457647.jpg

L - Egg Ham and Cheese (HEA) salad

image-1110855976.jpg

S - Velvet Crunch (4) and oaty bar (HEB)

D - Half "Nandos" chicken, coleslaw (2) and salad (3) for sauces

image-691498330.jpg

S - Greek Yog with honey and black cherries (3)

image-3408646973.jpg

Syn - 14

Today is a Green Day (wake me up when September ends)

On the specials board today:

B - LMc saus roll (HEB) + (1)

L - Cheese (HEB) and Coleslaw (2) on a Jacket Potato

D - Mac n Cheese (HEA x2) and salad (2) for chilli sauce

Low syn meals, but will probbers use some syns on snacks.

Last edited:
Yesterday's food looks epic... today sounds just as great.

And after re-reading earlier posts - I want liver.

Happy Tuesday darl! Xxx

Cheers schweetheart, I hope your Tuesday is rocking and a rolling. I do love me some liver, was it you yonks ago who saw my recipe for Chicken and Bacon liver and said that when you were younger you used to have chicken livers for brekkie? I remember thinking eurgh at the time, I am not sure even I could stomach offal in the morn. . . I do love a bit of Liver and Bacon. I usually cheat though and get a ready made meal from Tescos, its only 3 syns (or it was a couple of years ago, they may have upped it to more) and it is just sh!te loads of liver and bacon in a really nice gravy.

Hmmmm....

I see you are doing another speedy gonzales day - I wish you well, fast days are so not for me, I would get the right hump and feel denied!!

xx

Cheers schweetheart, I hope your Tuesday is rocking and a rolling. I do love me some liver, was it you yonks ago who saw my recipe for Chicken and Bacon liver and said that when you were younger you used to have chicken livers for brekkie? I remember thinking eurgh at the time, I am not sure even I could stomach offal in the morn. . . I do love a bit of Liver and Bacon. I usually cheat though and get a ready made meal from Tescos, its only 3 syns (or it was a couple of years ago, they may have upped it to more) and it is just sh!te loads of liver and bacon in a really nice gravy.

Hmmmm....

I see you are doing another speedy gonzales day - I wish you well, fast days are so not for me, I would get the right hump and feel denied!!

xx

Er yeah it probably was me! I was just saying to my colleague how bad I want liver and that I had it for breakfast a lot as a kid and more recently with boiled cabbage (again, for brekkie!). I love it. The boy HATES it. But he is working on Monday so guess what I am having?! Ahhhh! Too excited right now!

I am indeed doing another Speedy day, feeling alright surprisingly. I didn't find them too bad last week either. I am holding out till 1pm for lunch so that will tide me over till pizza time tonight woo!

What coleslaw do you use btw? and how much do you get for your syns?? xx

Er yeah it probably was me! I was just saying to my colleague how bad I want liver and that I had it for breakfast a lot as a kid and more recently with boiled cabbage (again, for brekkie!). I love it. The boy HATES it. But he is working on Monday so guess what I am having?! Ahhhh! Too excited right now!

I am indeed doing another Speedy day, feeling alright surprisingly. I didn't find them too bad last week either. I am holding out till 1pm for lunch so that will tide me over till pizza time tonight woo!

What coleslaw do you use btw? and how much do you get for your syns?? xx

Yeah, Mick hates it too, and hates the smell when I do have it, surprisingly he loves pate though - he buys that cheap stuff that comes in rolls, I do admit I love it too!!!

Hmmmm pizza, when you say Pizza, what kind of pizza???

I made that coleslaw, I use the usual carrots, onion and white cabbage and light mayo (I hate lighter than light - bleurgh!) - I try and keep to 3 tbps of mayo, although last night I gave it a couple of extra squirts for good measure! I had a third last night and Mick had a load, then the rest I have today, which I reckon is more a quarter - I would say I had a bit more than 2 syns worth last night, but I am calling my smaller portion today 2 syns, which it isn't, its prob less. but calling it that to even the score.

Liver?! Noooooooooooooooooo.

Morning ;-) xx

Morning Stacey - its good for you, you should try it! Do you like pate? I have a wicked pate recipe, if you can stomach the smell of the chook livers cooking (I have to admit, it made me gag a smidge!)

Morning Stacey - its good for you, you should try it! Do you like pate? I have a wicked pate recipe, if you can stomach the smell of the chook livers cooking (I have to admit, it made me gag a smidge!)

I haven't tried it for years but i did have to try it as a child and didn't like it.

Also pate *bleurgh* i don't like that either. I quite often think mushroom pate might be ok but just the word puts me off.

You may have noticed, I am weird about food, i get stressed/worried about it to a ridiculous degree. You should have seen me at the weekend having a breakdown at the in-laws! Gaz pre-empted it and presented me with a selection of mug shots and fruit pots as soon as 'right dinners ready' was mentioned. Bless him but I know i am hard work but i can't help it. I just have to have control of what i'm eating and theres certain foods i can't have near me. Also, if people talk with their mouthful when eating them foods, i have to leave the room.

I told you i was weird. Therapy next?! xx

Hey Charley. You are doing great. Well done on 2 lbs loss. I do not like Liver - ahhh smell and texture. Hoping good weather keeps for the weekend.

I haven't tried it for years but i did have to try it as a child and didn't like it.

Also pate *bleurgh* i don't like that either. I quite often think mushroom pate might be ok but just the word puts me off.

You may have noticed, I am weird about food, i get stressed/worried about it to a ridiculous degree. You should have seen me at the weekend having a breakdown at the in-laws! Gaz pre-empted it and presented me with a selection of mug shots and fruit pots as soon as 'right dinners ready' was mentioned. Bless him but I know i am hard work but i can't help it. I just have to have control of what i'm eating and theres certain foods i can't have near me. Also, if people talk with their mouthful when eating them foods, i have to leave the room.

I told you i was weird. Therapy next?! xx

I had noticed you had a certain hate for certain foods, I wouldnt consider you fussy at all though, you just appear to not like really likeable foods - like nanas and beef mince!!! We all have our crosses to bear, I don't like peas and I hate ginger! But I have conceded that it needs to appear in certain recipes, but I do not like the taste one bit!!!

Am I right in thinking Gaz's family eat not great food? Fried and pre-made stuff? Its bad isn't it? Mick's mum and dad can be like that, I remember her cussing us for eating too many boiled eggs for breakfast (they aren't good for you apparently!) and then proceeding to make deep fried fish cakes! They were West Indian ones, which are literally fish, flour and water with spices, then dropped into a load of oil! She also made us bring her loads of cup a soups and cr!p like that and then told me off for asking for some salt to put on my potatoes - I wanted to scream at her that her cup a soups are full of salt, but of course you just smile and put the salt shaker down.... grrr MIL's!

Back