CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I wouldn't have resisted!!!!!

Cupcakes are my vice- I'm in awe of your ability to throw that :O

Your vs Mick's burgers look like mine and G's! He likes everything bloody plain, so boring lol! (boring yet skinny)
X

Congratulations on the loss and managing to throw the cupcake away! I'm not sure I would have had the will power!

Wow, well done on the cupcake tossing! I'm with Sophie - I could eat those bad boys for England!

Hope you're having a good week and well done on the loss. I try not to set myself too many targets because some weeks I get good losses and other weeks it's just a miserly 1/2lb or something, gets frustrating when you don't always make them.

Hows plans and things going for the wedding? Crazy how fast they are coming round now! x

SNEAKS BACK IN…..

Hi everyone, I hope you are all ok. I haven’t been around a huge amount and have not been posting. I have stopped going to SW class (I know I know!) but I wasn’t happy with the class, for reasons too long winded, but most of them based around the fact that the class is way too big and you have to wait up to 40 minutes for a 5 minute image therapy because the C is racing through to get home. The other reason is my usual reason of detesting being weighed in front of people – it makes me so nervous and scared that people will see my number.

I did ok and lost half a stone, but those scales put me about 4lbs higher than the scales at the doctors AND I finally got some new batteries for my scales at home and they were the same as the doctors – and the both of those scales put me in the next stone down, which was more of a buzz than I ever got at class – So I am back going it alone. I haven’t been the best over this weekend, but I have realised that I have a lot going on up until my holiday on 12th December. So I have 6 and half weeks and I would ideally like to lose 12lbs – I know its doable if I went great guns and stuck to plan 100% but I have so many social things coming up, its going to be difficult. I have decided to start my exercising again and did my Kettlebells DVD last night (20 mins) and this morning (another 20 mins) I am now struggling to use my upper and inner thighs! I feel like a jelly fish today!

So today marks one year until I say “I do” to my beloved, and I can’t wait. It also signifies the fact that I want to be at least 4 stone lighter. I have until July 2015 (when my dress maker has given me the time limit to lose the weight I want to lose and maintain while she adapts my dress) – again, 4 stone is totes doable in 7 months but this is me we’re talking about, I am hardly Slimmer of the Year! You know what will inspire me more than the dress (which already fits by the way)? It’s the fact that my family and friends are staying at the same hotel than us and I really want to wear a bikini without feeling ashamed of myself – my parents specifically, have always left me feeling ashamed. So I kind of want to prove that I am not ashamed. I guess I should do it for me ahead of doing it for them – I know that. But when all is said and done, I am kind of at peace with myself. I have a loving fiancé, soon to be husband who loves me for me.

So to mark today, we are obviously going out to dinner tonight! It is a posh(ish) fish and chip shop that has just opened up under my building where I work – they have given us £20 off our meal – I am going to either have fish (battered and no I am not removing that batter!) and mushy peas and forego chips OR I will go for the Fish Pie. To be honest I think with the creamy sauce and undoubtedly ton of butter that makes the pie, I will be better off with the battered fish. I am going to drink only water. For when we get home we have a bottle of champs that someone bought us for our engagement, to open.

Tomorrow I have a pub lunch, but I will buck my usual trend and have a salad (YAWN!)

Thursday, my ex-trainee is taking me out to Bodeans in Tower Hill, which I am muchos excited about. It’s very meaty – ribs chicken steak etc. I don’t plan to be good.

Saturday I am at a family Halloween party where I am making scary pizzas and for dessert, lower intestines – I will make and take photos off. I will try and be good ish, but I can’t make any promises to myself.

In between all this I will stick to my exercising in the hope that will make a difference. Next week, thankfully is quieter. In fact November is pretty quiet, with only a couple of outings.

I hope everyone is well, I will be having a nose in diaries – sorry for the long post. I have been wanting to come back, but had too much to say and no time to say it!

xxxxx

Lovely to have you back charley.

If Sw class wasn't for you, then that's ok!

Your next few days plans sound lovely!! And one year today!! Eek!!!!

I think you should buy the bikini you fancy wearing now - and hang it up so you can see. Make it a visual aim! Maybe even take some pictures of you wearing it on the same day each month, and use that to spur you on??

Good luck! xx

Welcome back! Eeeek a year to go! I hit the one year mark tomorrow! It's so exciting!

You can do this, all the targets are totally achievable (says the girl who wanted to be at target in 6 weeks time....) and you have the perfect motivation for it.

Nice to see you back. I think the goals you have set are doable. Have a lovely meal. Looking forward to see how The Halloween stuff turns out xx

Thanks - I am excited about Halloween and my dishes - I will post pictures. My intestines will be filled with Nutella and milk and white chocolate chips - which isn't far off what my ACTUAL intestines contain!!!!!!!

Oh its all very doable, but can I doable it???

Lovely to have you back charley.

If Sw class wasn't for you, then that's ok!

Your next few days plans sound lovely!! And one year today!! Eek!!!!

I think you should buy the bikini you fancy wearing now - and hang it up so you can see. Make it a visual aim! Maybe even take some pictures of you wearing it on the same day each month, and use that to spur you on??

Good luck! xx

Are you still going to class Mrs S? I recall us starting back at the same time - I imagine you are, you are more of a keeper on-er than me! I am actually going to attempt a bikini for my cruise, I think bikinis are more to wear for people who are content with their bodies, rather than think they look good. I know I will not look great in a bikini, I have photos to prove it that I took of myself the other week - but like one of my friends (who is also big) said "Brown fat looks better than white fat!" I think thats a great way of looking at it. I sweat out when I lay in the sunshine in a black cosi - its unbearably hot in those things, I sizzle when I enter the water! Don't get me wrong I am not going to parade about in it, but I am going to be brave and attempt it. I have my factor 50 at the ready though - there are bits of me that haven't seen the light of day since I was 13!!!

It is more to do with being comfortable and not worrying about what my family, specifically, what my dad will think - its an acceptance thing. He is a lovely man but he has this face where his thoughts are totally expressed on his face - he can't stand over indulgence in anything, because he is a man who is restrained at everything. Yeah, next year is all about acceptance.

Welcome back! Eeeek a year to go! I hit the one year mark tomorrow! It's so exciting!

You can do this, all the targets are totally achievable (says the girl who wanted to be at target in 6 weeks time....) and you have the perfect motivation for it.

I know! I thought of you this morning too. Its very exciting!!!!

Thanks - I am excited about Halloween and my dishes - I will post pictures. My intestines will be filled with Nutella and milk and white chocolate chips - which isn't far off what my ACTUAL intestines contain!!!!!!!

Oh its all very doable, but can I doable it???

Are you still going to class Mrs S? I recall us starting back at the same time - I imagine you are, you are more of a keeper on-er than me! I am actually going to attempt a bikini for my cruise, I think bikinis are more to wear for people who are content with their bodies, rather than think they look good. I know I will not look great in a bikini, I have photos to prove it that I took of myself the other week - but like one of my friends (who is also big) said "Brown fat looks better than white fat!" I think thats a great way of looking at it. I sweat out when I lay in the sunshine in a black cosi - its unbearably hot in those things, I sizzle when I enter the water! Don't get me wrong I am not going to parade about in it, but I am going to be brave and attempt it. I have my factor 50 at the ready though - there are bits of me that haven't seen the light of day since I was 13!!!

It is more to do with being comfortable and not worrying about what my family, specifically, what my dad will think - its an acceptance thing. He is a lovely man but he has this face where his thoughts are totally expressed on his face - he can't stand over indulgence in anything, because he is a man who is restrained at everything. Yeah, next year is all about acceptance.

I know! I thought of you this morning too. Its very exciting!!!!

Sounds a good thing to have your intestines stuffed with lol xx

So glad you're back. You know that when you focus you GOT THIS.

You can totally, totally do this. I know you can and you can do it without feeling deprived and crap, you can do it while eating shedloads and still losing.

Your goals are realistic and your attitude is great - we're tryers, you and I, we might fall off the wagon - and lie in the ditch eating pizza for a while, but we always get up, dust ourselves off and get running after that wagon and clamber back on.

YOU GOT THIS!

So glad you're back. You know that when you focus you GOT THIS.

You can totally, totally do this. I know you can and you can do it without feeling deprived and crap, you can do it while eating shedloads and still losing.

Your goals are realistic and your attitude is great - we're tryers, you and I, we might fall off the wagon - and lie in the ditch eating pizza for a while, but we always get up, dust ourselves off and get running after that wagon and clamber back on.

YOU GOT THIS!

We certainly are tryers!! x

Thanks everyone for the lovely posts!

Well last night went well. I stuck to my plan and had a delicious portion (small) of battered cod with a large wally and mushy peas, I toasted our pre-anniversary with tap water! Mick had a beer, with fish fingers and chips.

Today's land mine involves a pub lunch, I am determined to order a Superfood Salad, here's the menu - what I really want is the veggie burger in a bun with triple cooked chips! Just going to keep thinking about that plane seat and that seatbelt doing up comfortably and that dinner tray not resting on my tummy!!!!!

http://www.iamthemerchant.com/downloads/merchant-food-menu-v12.pdf

So food today:

B - 2 LMc ROAR Saussie with 1/2 tbsp ketch (.5) and a plum

L - Supposedly Superspeed Salad - I will use my HEB for the pistachios and seeds and HEA for the feta and perhaps add a couple of syns for any miscellaneous like edamame - I am calling this a red day so I am not sure if a few edas will count or not.

D - Salmon Fillet, roasted BNS, Brocolli and Mushroom with HEA for the light cream cheese that will make the garlicky sauce that I will pour over it all - YUMDIDDLYUMPCIOUS!

Thanks everyone for the lovely posts!

Well last night went well. I stuck to my plan and had a delicious portion (small) of battered cod with a large wally and mushy peas, I toasted our pre-anniversary with tap water! Mick had a beer, with fish fingers and chips.

Today's land mine involves a pub lunch, I am determined to order a Superfood Salad, here's the menu - what I really want is the veggie burger in a bun with triple cooked chips! Just going to keep thinking about that plane seat and that seatbelt doing up comfortably and that dinner tray not resting on my tummy!!!!!

http://www.iamthemerchant.com/downloads/merchant-food-menu-v12.pdf

So food today:

B - 2 LMc ROAR Saussie with 1/2 tbsp ketch (.5) and a plum

L - Supposedly Superspeed Salad - I will use my HEB for the pistachios and seeds and HEA for the feta and perhaps add a couple of syns for any miscellaneous like edamame - I am calling this a red day so I am not sure if a few edas will count or not.

D - Salmon Fillet, roasted BNS, Brocolli and Mushroom with HEA for the light cream cheese that will make the garlicky sauce that I will pour over it all - YUMDIDDLYUMPCIOUS!

Ok, just back from lunch - I had the fecking fish and fecking chips! FOR FECK'S SAKE! Why am I such a loser (read:gainer!)? I don't even feel guilty and I know I should, I really enjoyed it - I am going to have to ask for a seatbelt extension aren't I? :break_diet:

Back