CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Hey nice to see you back posting again, I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise.

re losing weight for the wedding, my thoughts are if you're happy as you are & Mick is why are you bothering losing weight, are you losing it for the wedding only to gain it afterwards, I know it's a weight loss support forum & that doesn't really seem like a supportive thing to say, but from reading your post it doesn't seem like you want to loose weight for you. As long as you & Mick are happy & you're comfortable on the day what does it matter. x

BTW I'm glad your back as I've missed your food pics!

Thank you for your honesty Michelle I really appreciate it and yes in many ways I am happy with the way I am, Mick loves me, we eat really well - I love to cook and it's not necessarily bad foods, I love to eat out and not scrutinise the menu for the healthiest choice, I love a drink - I love the odd bag of crisps - I just would like to be a slightly more acceptable weight - one that doesn't require me buying my bras from Evans or Simply Be! One where I don't hate my photo being taken through fear of double chin or visible rolls of fat.

My sister and I treated my parents to a wine tasting session in a place called Vinopolis last Saturday, it was good fun, I knew I would be drinking but figured that I would eat before we go, and not have anything we went got there (they planned on a meal after which mick and I declined) so we were there and they decided to stop for tapas - I didn't want any, well I did but I wasn't going to submit. So mum was like 'oh go on, you should eat if you are drinking, it's not going to hurt' (despite me telling her that I wasn't hungry as I had eaten) - this coming from the same mum that has told me on more than one occasion that 'you don't want to be a fat bride'!! Then my sis sat down and said the same, then her boyf sat down and said the same - I never ate a morsel but I was so fed up that I was trying not to make a big deal, but they were!

So then they decided to jump on these Vespa bike that were in this place. Mum got on one and my sister got on the other, my sisters boyf told me to get on the other one, I said I didn't want to, I didn't want my photo taken so they were all like 'don't be daft, it's just a laugh' and all of this but I HATE photos of me sitting down because of my folds and rolls, i relented and did and I knew the photo would end up on FB. Which it did. It wasn't actually a bad photo and it got nearly 70 likes!!

So am I just being daft about hang ups and should just get on with it? Or should I change for myself and be more comfortable with myself? I adore my family, my mum especially but I don't think she has helped me over the years with her comments and observations - should I just think sod it? Or should I just plod along and keep it up and get this weight off?

Here's the offending photo by the way ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424941683.457068.jpg

:bighug: Welcome back old girl!

Thanks Sally - I am back with attack!!!!

Welcome back Charlie. Glad you had a lovely cruise.

Hey Rosa, lovely to hear from you - how are you doing? Oh the cruise was lovely thanks. Weather was beautiful and the islands were amazing. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello nice to see you back I keep getting on and off the wagon need to sort out which plan to do ill get there. Hope you are well xx

Hey Suge

Nice to hear from you, are you still doing WW? I will pop over to your diary for a little looksee.

xxxx

Love the pic, I think it's unfair of your mum to say you don't want to be a fat bride, I wouldn't consider you fat, you look really pretty & you can see you look after yourself. x

Ah thanks Michelle. It is unfair, she thinks she is being funny but it is just hurtful, I shouldn't let it get to me but obviously, it does. I do try and look after myself, eat the right foods and stuff but i sadly eat a bit too much of the wrong foods too !

So today has been a little bit tricky bit i came out of it relatively unscathed, it took great strength and courage mind you!

At work our Partners have all gone on this annual Retreat in California, jammy swines - so as a sweetner for us they decided to get in a load of pizza for the rest of us - I politely declined the appointment when it came round and vowed to take myself out for the lunch hour and walk instead, of course rain stopped play, I don't know if anyone has tried walking around the Liverpool St area of London with a brolley up in rush hour, but its not a pretty sight, brolley wars!! So i came back and while everyone was in the canteen munching on these pizzas I sat at my desk with my ryvitas feeling both saintly and miserable. One of the Associates decided to bring her pizza and wedges up to her desk - pizza smells! I was overwhelmed by its aroma but managed to resist. Then the girls came back, bringing me "healthy" things because they felt I missed out, bless them, one bought me back a can of San Pellegrino Limonata (7.5 syns) and the other bought me back a "salad" I used the term loosely because I reckon it had more syns than a slice of pizza, it was sun dried tomatoes with a massive lump of buffalo mozzerella and a few rocket leaves and then it was swimming happily in oil!

Thinking pizza-gate was over - I had to take some things down to the post room - which apparently is where they dump the leftover pizza now! There was about 15 boxes of pizza garlic bread and wedges leftover and the smell was like a smack around the chops! It was torture, i did what i had to do and left quick smart, although happily a package arrived which made me smile - I will send the pic in a minute. So safely upstairs in the fold of no pizza but a can of sugar and salad of oil, I merrily started my afternoon - until the cake trolley come round - OH YES Thursday is cake trolley day - while I hate saying no to cake, its not really my thing as pizza is, so I was happy to say no. But he gave me a free slice of carrot cake because he made it and he would have to chuck it other wise - I have safely packed it up in some tupperware and have it for breakfast tomorrow morning as my treat for the week. WI tomorrow. Also I was ready-armed with Shapers Onion Rings and Caramel Bar for when trolley time came round, so I munched on those while the girls, still full from pizza, ate their cake!

With the pizza just out of my head and nostrils, Papa Johns decided to text me to tell me about their latest deal.................

I CAN'T WIN!

Today's food

B - SW syn free saussies from Iceland! They are actually quite nice. I thought they would be manky but for syn free - I likey! (.5 for BBQ sauce) + (HEB)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424968316.668132.jpg

Had with strawbs over the morning.

L - Picnic!!! LCL (HEA) Ryvitas, egg, Crabsticks a bit of ham, toms and lettuce. Also my aforementioned within syns naughties (8)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424968454.496763.jpg

And finally my happy delivery :

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424968502.852478.jpg

No more splashes of unaccounted milk in coffees. I tried the Orange one, 'twas nice

D - is going to be Sticky BBQ Chicken with cauli mash and other veg (1/2 HEA) for cream cheese in mash (4.5) for half of the So Juicy packet.

Pic of dinner to follow

Syns - 12.5

Exercise - none

Food looks good, I like the picnic!!!! Ohhh you'll have to let us know what the coffee is like as you try it x

Thanks!

The chocolate orange one is nice, I am almost excited about going in to work tomorrow just to try the coffees!!!!

Happy Friday one and all

Weigh in this morning showed a STS - i was hoping for 1lb off, I wasn't on plan last Saturday, but I got back on it quick smart and was an angel the whole week - ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I have nothing planned food wise today, which could be dangerous - I have just eaten a little slice of carrot cake that was given to me free yesterday, which I am not counting in my day! It was lovely. I am now enjoying a Nutty Hazelnut Beanie Coffee! I have fruit to keep me going until lunch and then not sure what. For tea I am going to have Spaghetti Carbonara again, I really enjoyed it in the week so I need to revisit - I will add bacon medallions and 50g of chorizo (5 syns) and eat it with a side salad. That uses my HEA and my HEB will be some cashew nuts I think.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.

xxx

Being Fat Is Hard.
Losing Weight Is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

Hi Charley - welcome back (delayed welcome there, I know). I'm really struggling at the moment too but I wanted to say whether you're struggling or not, you're really inspiring. I love reading your diary and although I don't often post, there was a big smile on my face to see that you were back. Glad you enjoyed your cruise and didn't suffer the consequences too much!

Hi Charley - welcome back (delayed welcome there, I know). I'm really struggling at the moment too but I wanted to say whether you're struggling or not, you're really inspiring. I love reading your diary and although I don't often post, there was a big smile on my face to see that you were back. Glad you enjoyed your cruise and didn't suffer the consequences too much!

Hey Saruk!

It is so difficult isn't it? We much march on and keep our heads held high and keep trying - everyone loves a tryer!

Thanks for your kind words.

xxx

Hey all

Well this weekend was another one of those weekends where I temporarily "forgot" to be good !! I was living life within the realms of eating what I fancied, which is how I love to live life!! I do hate being restricted but hey ho, needs must, now onto the next five days of damage control!

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA) with banana and maple syrup (1)

L - Homemade tomato soup with WM roll (HEB) and (1.5) for Laughing Cow Light Spread. I may get some ham to fill the roll

D - Big Mac in a Bowl (HEA) - I confess that I am overly excited about this evening's dinner (3) for burger sauce.

Syns - 5 - but I may have more this evening.

Hey Saruk!

It is so difficult isn't it? We much march on and keep our heads held high and keep trying - everyone loves a tryer!

Thanks for your kind words.

xxx

Absobloodylutely!

Incredibly intrigued by your Big Mac in a bowl - details please! I hope it was glorious

Hey all

Well this weekend was another one of those weekends where I temporarily "forgot" to be good !! I was living life within the realms of eating what I fancied, which is how I love to live life!! I do hate being restricted but hey ho, needs must, now onto the next five days of damage control!

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA) with banana and maple syrup (1)

L - Homemade tomato soup with WM roll (HEB) and (1.5) for Laughing Cow Light Spread. I may get some ham to fill the roll

D - Big Mac in a Bowl (HEA) - I confess that I am overly excited about this evening's dinner (3) for burger sauce.

Syns - 5 - but I may have more this evening.

Ok, so editing this - I got home and Mick decided he was going to surprise me with our version of Nandos and homemade chips! Bless him, but I was intending on a red day - oh well - so a re-jig of syns. I have to now syn the roll I had at lunch, (6) and then with the sauces (4) ish, minus the 3 for the burger sauce which I never had, but plus (5) for meringue and strawberries and (3) for squirty cream, I think I went over....

Yeah, so total syns are 20 - oh dear!

TODAY!

Well today is not going to be very good either. I am being taken to lunch to this place Hotbox Menu - as you can see the menu is not for the feint hearted - more for the clogged arteries!

This evening we are going to the cinema straight after work, so there will be another hurdle there, no time for tea - ARGH!

So today is shaping up:

B - Weetabix and Milk (HEA and HEB) plus (1) for sugar

S - Strawberries, Satsuma and Pear

L - GORD KNOWS!

D - GORD KNOWS!

ARRGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Back