CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Oh thanks, I'll give that a go x

Dinner thanks to my lovely fiancé

Another amazing meal! (4) syns for gravy - note the chicken has been skinned- big deal for me.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1425586303.562638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Dessert of a fashion

Apple and pb2 (2)
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1425588170.742984.jpg

All in all 11 syns today

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Friday - I got that Frriiiiidaay feeeling -

Weigh in :scale::scale: - my third week of STS :badmood: Although in all honesty I wasn't great last Friday, I was bad on Saturday and I wasn't great on Sunday....oh and I had a naughty mid week boozy lunch and pic n mix at the cinema - so really to claw a STS is fine by me.

Now, I want to start afresh tomorrow morning, I am going to dust off my unopened Hip Hops Abs and give that a go, then at 8am I am going to go to the gym for a 30 minute walk and then on some machines. On Sunday I will do either kettlebells or more hip hop abs in the morning and then a swim at the gym.

Tonight I am out for a curry, which is always bad and boozy. We also have work drinks because our company has made it to the "100 Best Companies to Work For" List - I don't know about that but I will gladly take a drink!

Saturday I am not doing anything risque and on Sunday I have lunch out with Mick's Best Man Woman and her family - but I need to go to my God son's birthday party in the afternoon, so I won't be drinking and I will choose wisely.

The rest of next week is looking fairly quiet...oh no actually I am up the pub with friends on Monday night, but I will stick to diet coke, Tuesday is my sister in law's birthday, so i will go for a drink round there (I will stick to water I hope!), Wednesday is my niece's birthday and we are heading to Frankie and Bennys (oh good lord!) but I am going to drive, so no drinkie there, although I am going out for a drink with an ex boss of mine at lunch, no food, just a glass of wine - OH MAN - I am looking at another STS next week aren't I? ? ?

Todays food:

B - SW syn free sausages (.5) for BBQ sauce.

L - I dunno

D - Indian and beer and wine

ARSE!

Happy Monday everyone

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was good, if a little boozy. Friday night was the curry night and I really enjoyed it, ate what I wanted and drank some wine and a couple of beers. There wasn't tons of food which was good, but I left feeling stuffed. Saturday my friend and I decided to go out for a nice walk in a park near us, she too is struggling with her weight, but she is doing a lot of major bingeing and hating herself - so we cleared our heads and lungs with a lovely long walk and took a big healthy picnic with salad and drumsticks, crabsticks, hard boiled eggs and tuna rolls. It was lovely...then we met our other halves in the pub and I drank quite a bit of wine, then we came home and had tacos, then yesterday I was good with the food but had more wine - aye carumba, if I don't count the booze, I could confidently say that I was really good with my food over the weekend, which is a real big thing for me!

So today is a fresh new day:

B - Packet of cooked chicken (weird for brekkie but I enjoyed it) and a punnet of strawbs.

L - Al Desko Picnic - consisted of ryvitas (HEB) LCL (HEA) with crabsticks and boiled eggs and lettice and I had some Cheese and Bacon Pops crisps (5), which I didn't like very much I would rather have Shapers Onion Rings anyday of the week - 2 packets for 6 syns!

D - I think is going to be a Prawn Chowmein (5) for curry paste- I have lots of peppers and mushrooms to get rid of and someone at work had a chinese at lunch and the office smelled devine!

Snacks - I have grapes and a pear and a satsuma and I am drinking water like no tomorrow to get rid of my alcohol toxins!

Syns - I am totally guessing the curry paste, there is no nutritional info but if I allow 5 which I think will be generous, then i am at 10 and I won't have anything else synny for the day.

Hi Charley, hope all is going well! I miss your food pics! x

Hiya!

Sorry I have not been around much, still reading diaries, but more lurking than talking.

Weight loss is slow going, the usual two steps forward and one step back, but with Easter coming up - chocolate is not my problem, we are going away for a couple of days to Eastbourne and I struggle to be good when we go away. I am counter balancing that with going to the gym every day this week! I went Sunday and today and will go tomorrow and Thursday and Friday if I get up early enough before we set off. I am not going crazy at the gym, just doing gentle exercise.

I am seeing a physio for my ever present ankle problem which is thankfully slowly disappearing - YAY!

I hope everyone is doing ok.

xxx

Tuesday 7th

RIGHT!! I need to sort my sh!t out for once and for all - my wedding is sneaking up on me so fast, I know I am destined to be a fat bride but the question is - how fat? I wanted to lose 4 stone before d-day, that is very obviously not going to happen - my fitting is in July and my seamstress lady said I need to get all my weight loss done by then (wedding is in October) - holy mackerel batman, that is only 4 months away!

So I am clinging to the realms of SW with my cooking recipes, with a type of mediterranean type theme running through it. Lots of salad and veg and not too many potatoes/rice. Oh cr!p I dont know what I am going, just healthy eating I suppose.

This week has so far been bad, the week ahead, tonight I am out for a drink, but I will be sticking to diet cokes, or water. Thursday I am out here http://bigeasy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BE_ALC_Specials_Lunch_v120cqNEW.pdf - :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: - I may try and stick to the Thursday special, steak and lobster and ask for the chips to be substituted with more salad. I will probably share the starter with Mick, hopefully the chicken wings. I could also have the crab claws I guess. Hopeless.

I need to do more exercise too.

So today:

B - Nimble sandwich stuffed with leftover turkey and lettuce and a scraping of light mayo

L - Leftover Turkey Salad dowsed in balsamic

S - Greek Lemon Yog and some nuts.

D - Roasted Veg - Aubergines/Peppers/Onions/Mushroom/Sweet Potatoes with Halloumi

Pub - Diet Cokes!

Lunch:

Attachments

• 1428412974108.jpg
    1428412974108.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 59
Oh and a quick pic of me on a cold windy Eastbourne beach, I spy crows feet - damn you close up selfies! My arms are clearly not long enough!!!!

Attachments

• 1428413079145.jpg
    1428413079145.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 70
Awww bless your panic post made me giggle, I know it shouldn't but I could really hear the shear panic. You're on plan food is delicious I don't know how you manage to go off plan, honestly you make amazing meals, just do what you can when you can and don't stress out those off plan moments.

crikey I needed a magnifying glass to see the crows feet!!! X

Thanks Michelle, I just re-read my post and it does sounds a little panicky shall we say!!! I am starting to panic, I even considered slim and save after hearing about Laura's success but after actually hearing the ins and outs, I don't think I could do it. The whole ketogenic thing sounds a little scary to me.

My friend did the Cambridge diet and lost tons, then gained it all again - I can't chance losing loads then gaining in a short amount of time before the wedding. Plus, as you said to me before, Mick loves me for me. I just want to be a bit more comfortable for the day.

Dinner was lovely, I am trying to portion control a little too as I eat enough for two usually!!!

Wednesday 8th April

Well the pub last night was a roaring success, we are before we went up there - I forgot to take a pic, but I really enjoyed it - I am attempting smaller portions, and for someone who can eat a huge amount of food in one sitting, it's going to be a challenge - I am doing the old 'smaller plate' routine, my eyes may be fooled but my stomach is not. I went to bed a bit hungry. I drank lime and soda water all night, so not only am I being good, but I am also a cheap date!!!

Food today:

B - weetabix

L - leftover roasted veg and halloumi with pitta bread

D - 'Mick'dos chicken quarter with salad.

Have a good day peeps xxx

I have a slight change of plan to today's foody schedule. I figured that weetabix and a pitta was a bit much, so, thinking of smaller portions and protein and the Mediterranean way I decided to have 2 rough oatcakes with half a small avocado and some chicken. I have had one and its really yummy and clean tasting - let's hope they keep hunger locked up til lunch!!!

Attachments

• 1428483098916.jpg
    1428483098916.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 57
Lunch. Humuna humuna!!!

Attachments

• 1428494237960.jpg
    1428494237960.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 59
And dindins. I only used half a pack of uncle Ben's rice (ordinarily it would be a whole pack) and I only had quarter of the chook (I would usually Have half - progress.

Ended the evening with an Apple. I was going to have a bit of chocolate from my Easter stash, but I wanted to eat the chicken skin (I know, I am shameful), so I figured I would forego the chocolate. I usually don't do well with portioning off multiples of things like bags of crisps and biscuits and things so I won't have them in the house, but I have a lot of chocolate to deal with, so I have broken the eggs and emptied the chocs in a Tupperware and put them in the fridge for a small treat when I feel I deserve it. Will I stop at a small treat tho?? Last year I bagged my eggs in 7 syn portions and put them in the fridge - I ate them all in one go!

Attachments

• 1428527619427.jpg
    1428527619427.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 60
I got so caught up with the chocolate, I forgot to add the dinner

Attachments

• 1428527752360.jpg
    1428527752360.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 56
Thursday 9th April

MORNING ALL!

I am a happy bunny today, not sure why - I am really really tired, Mick is a massive snorer and we use various ways to get to sleep, it involved heavy duty ear plugs, facing away from each other and him letting me fall asleep first...these techniques often work, and also sometimes fail - I can't switch off my wakeyness as quickly as he would like - he falls asleep as soon as he closes his eyes and starts snoring VERY LOUDLY immediately, sometimes when he is still awake! For the last two nights I haven't been able to fall asleep quick enough and this ends in me sleeping on the sofa as we only have a one bedroomed flat. I know understand why people have separate rooms, it could save our future marriage! Or rather it could save his life, in times when I am that tired and all I can hear is the snoring, I want to hurt him!!!!

He has been to the NHS hospital, they have done tests and said it looked like sleep apnoea but it isn't, he doesn't wake himself up, he breathes constantly all night long and is in the deepest sleep, so deep he is difficult to wake up. He has had cameras down his throat and up his nose and there are no obstructions. He does have private healthcare and after years of asking him to do something (selfish man!) he did and we are waiting for him to do this sleep clinic thing, but there is no urgency to him at all, he is so laid back and lazy and of course, it doesn't directly affect him does it? Its only me who is suffering. It makes me so mad.

He woke at 4:30am this morning and came and got me and swapped places, but I know broken sleep is not good and the only time that I have unbroken sleep is when he isn't in bed - what is the answer!?! We have been together for nearly 6 years and we are getting married in October - I need a resolution to this.

Other than that I am actually happy. I am seeing a really good friend of mine tonight who I havent seen for a while, he is bringing his fiance and I am bringing Mick and we are going to have a celebratory dinner together. The place is call Big Easy and its in Covent Garden. I have been there before and it is great, I will post a pic of me and Mick from before, they give you plastic bibs to eat with. So I am trying to be good but at the same time I really want to not worry too much about it. Here is the menu: http://bigeasy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BE_ALC_Specials_Lunch_v120cqNEW.pdf - not for the feinted hearted right?!

I think I am also happy because the new food thing I have been doing for the last couple of days - eat well but less - is making me feel a bit springy in my steps. Yes, I am waking up hungry and I am getting to every mealtime feeling hungry, but isn't that what "normal" people feel? I need to get used to feeling hungry, hungry is not starving and I am not ever going to be starving for which I thank my lucky stars - there are millions of people in the world who are starving - I will not use that word again for a feeling of hunger. Hunger is not a bad thing, its just a reminder that you need to eat something which doesn't have to be bad.

So foods today:

B - 2 rough oatcakes stacked with chicken breast and half a baby avocado - this is such a tasty break and it does keep hunger locked up until lunch - just!

L - A Pitta-rito (my take on a burrito) - half pack of Mexican Rice mixed with leftover chicken and some nandos sauce and some spinach and cheese. I guess I could have added tomatoes and onions too, but I was running late this morning and chopping onions and toms would require me spending a few extra precious minutes... as it was I left the house, got halfway down the road and realised I had forgotten my mobile, knowing I would need it to meet up with my friends, i had to go back and get it and i missed my train - doh!

D - Something from Big Easy - shall I be good or shall I be dirty!

xxx

Back