CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I used to watch Fat: the fight of my life & what is interesting is even they don't find it easy, they have support of whatever his name is, and they're on tv yet they still struggle, so we can all learn from that, it's nice to know other people struggle. Do you ever watch Biggest Loser? I watch that it's brill, that is inspiring especially if you watch it all the way through to see the transformation is amazing.

Nice to see you back posting again, I was starting to get a tad worried about you!

I used to watch Fat: the fight of my life & what is interesting is even they don't find it easy, they have support of whatever his name is, and they're on tv yet they still struggle, so we can all learn from that, it's nice to know other people struggle. Do you ever watch Biggest Loser? I watch that it's brill, that is inspiring especially if you watch it all the way through to see the transformation is amazing.

Nice to see you back posting again, I was starting to get a tad worried about you!

Oh yes I love all weight related shows. I do think exercise is so very key to it all. I have now recognise my limits, or am starting to. I would start off guns a-blazing and end the week with an injury that puts me out of action for months. This time I am taking it slower. Although 5 times a week is ambitious, it's gentle exercise and its generally no longer than an hour a day...mixed with walking more, that's not bad. Now if only I could get my mouth stapled together, I might just lose some weight!!!!

Lunch was chicken and salad, which I was hungry for and looking forward to....until I had a fight with my peppermill....... Lunch ruined!!!

Peppercorns every bloody where!

Attachments

• 1430833409710.jpg
    1430833409710.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 76
Dinner last night, chicken skin removed and nando sauce and blob of light mayo added

Attachments

• 1430896797612.jpg
    1430896797612.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 61
Wednesday

Morning all, happy that it is hump day already.

Alarm went off at 6am this morning, I got my ass down to the gym - I found that, after a very intense class on Sunday, I couldn't do my usual cross trainer as my thighs were a-burning! So I walked for 30 mins on a slight incline and the last 5 mins I went up to 15% incline and managed to burn 300 in 30 mins. Not bad.

I am kind of getting into this fitness thing now. I have only been doing this for a week and a half, I am not seeing any immediate results, weight wise or inch wise but I am feeling really good at the moment and not expecting immediate results. I am also taking is easy and not going too gung ho, mainly because I dont want to injure myself. Although on Sunday I did a body pump class (the first class I have been to in ages) and it was covered by this warrior type bloke who clearly hated the gentle low impact of body pump and wanted to hurt us all - and hurt us he did! On Monday even my skin hurt! Everywhere was in pain. It has subsided a bit, but I am still aching. I have stupidly signed up for another class tomorrow night, but am hoping that he will not be covering!

Food today:

B - Porridge and Milk and a dsp of Maple Syrup

L - SW meatballs and 75g of spaghetti with tomato sauce

D - Chicken leg with either a stir fry or roasted veg and mexican rice, or mashed sweet potato and salad or sweet potato fries and salad. . . I can't quite decide

Have a happy wednesday all.

xx

Lunch: yummy

Attachments

• 1430917632802.jpg
    1430917632802.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 58
Dinner: chicken leg, mashed sweet pot, aubergine, fried mush and onion

Attachments

• 1430937829796.jpg
    1430937829796.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 50
My fitbit one tracker today, good stats but I take the floors with a pinch of salt, apparently yesterday I climbed 57 floors and earned a mountain climb badge of something!!!!

Attachments

• 1430938191076.jpg
    1430938191076.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
Morning all.

I have done my voting thang and had a physio appointment which was good, she is happy with my progress and for the last four sessions she seems to think I will be able to build the strength enough to run- yay!! I have lots of Achilles strengthening exercises to do over the next few weeks, so it's looking promising.

Food wise today:

B - granola and milk with half a nana

L - SW meatballs and 75g linguine in tomato sauce

D - Roasted Veg with Mexican rice and perhaps a couple of fried eggs. It needs to be something quick because I am at body pump tonight until 8:30 and I don't want to get home and be cooking and not eating until 9:30. So I have veggy leftovers and the rice is the 2 min stuff and eggs take no time. Job done

Have a good day all
Xx

It looks like you're still weighing the stuff which you feel needs weighing, how is that going, do you feel you get enough?

Hi Michelle

Yeah I am still being mindful of portions, it is amazing how much I used to eat in comparison to how much I eat now. Does it fill me up? Hmmmm yes, but I am really hungry by the next meal, which I guess is a "normal" response to food!

How are you?

xx

Monday 11th May

Hi All, sorry I am not being very good at keeping up with my diary at the moment, let alone visit other diaries.

I am back today, I really need some kind of base and minis is it.

I had a good weekend. I am keeping up with the old exercising but still doing the cheating eating, which is totally counter productive. So today I am back with SW! I know i know I am like a homing pigeon when it comes to SW, I always end up back here.

So day one and I have already gone over my syns!! Only by one syn, but there is probably some guess work today as I had some salad from the canteen and also they were giving away free yogurts at the station this morning, so i had to have it. It was full fat liberte yog with fruit and seeds in, it was lovely, but seeing as I am not becoming a member yet (until I am settled into this way) I had to do the old 20 cals to 1 syn rule - it was 7 syns!!!! I would rather spend that on something better than yogurt, but it was delish.

So this morning I went to the gym (having been Saturday and Sunday) and I did some trampette-ing this evening (not much because my ankle was giving me gyp. I am just about to have my Mickdos Chicken (Mick's cheaper version of Nandos!). I will pop some piccies up later.

I hope you had a good day.

xxxx

So here's lunch, dinner, fitbit, and my menu for today

Attachments

• 1431372256644.jpg
    1431372256644.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 1431372272409.jpg
    1431372272409.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 1431372286780.jpg
    1431372286780.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1431372303789.jpg
    1431372303789.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 62
Excellent fitbit scores ☺

Excellent fitbit scores ☺

Thanks Zapps, it was a high level fitness day for me yesterday - I have been getting good results. It really does spur me on (although I forgot to put it on this morning!). Do you have one? I have the Fitbit One, not the wrist watch one because I like my pretty watch! Although I am kind of regretting not getting it now as this one doesn't show as much infomation like heart rate etc. I quite fancied the look of the jawbone one, its more like a bracelet I can wear on my other wrist, than a watch.

Tuesday 12th May

Thought of the day: I eat a lot of chicken!!

I am off to the cinema tonight, straight off the train - Mick is going to pick me up from the station and we are going straight to Bluewater for the 7:25 showing of Spooks. This is always a challenge as I love to chow down on naughties at the cinema. But seeing as I am going straight from the station, I figured that with a bit of planning and a red day I can make myself a bit of a supper to sneak in with.

So food today looks like this:

B - Pack of chicken slices from Sainsburys (which I really hope are still free!)

L - Chicken Leg and Salad (see, so much chicken, I had it twice yesterday too!!!!)

Snacks throughout the day: Punnet of Strawbs and Liberte 0% blueberry yogurt (1)

Cinema Supper: 2 Wholemeal rolls (HEB x2) with gammon, LCL Blue Cheese (HEAx1) and salad and salad cream (2); two packs of Boots Onion Rings (6) and some mango chunks

Syns: 9

Back