Cheap fresh chickens at Tesco as from 25/06/09

AWWW BEKI I WANT A PIG BUT WE DON'T HAVE ROOM, IN ALL I THINK HE RESCUED oops, 30 and they are doing really really well but when they arrived they were awful , they wouldn come out for the first week as they had never been out before eventually they started to be a bit brave and there mental now very very funny to watch and the change in them is shocking, when i first saw them i just burst into tears i couyldn help it i don't know how someone can do that for a job i just decided i wouldn treat an animal like that myself so i won't be paying someone else too. i just wish it wasn so darn expensive hehe i eat so many quorn chicken pieces lol

It is my dream to have chickens, pig, lambs etc etc.... One day I hope it will come true!

We can't even have chickens in our garden even though we live in a rural village. Sad but true.

Oh no - why's that? Have you got a covenant or something forbidding it?

p.s. i wanted lambs but was advised against it as apparently they try to kill theirselves at every opportunity, and looking after the pigs and goats is enough stress as it is!!! :D LOL

yep, it's in the deeds of the house. Something to do with houses built after a certain year. I've read it through several times, but it's there - "no poultry/foul allowed" Boo hoo

I think it is all about how you use the chicken. A good size free range chicken can make several meals and a decent stock. I would rather by FR and be frugal about how I use it. Usually a roast, curry, pasta dish then soup.... I know what is in it and I find it cheaper than ready made meals.

xx

i tend to just pick at it till it's picked down to the bones chicken is ace i don't even need veg with it lol

Not just cheap chickens

I had to take a fresh chicken back to Waitrose recently as it was GREEN on the inside although the use by date was 5 days away! The duty manager didn't bat an eyelid but did give me both another chicken and 2 tubs of my favourite Ben & Jerry's ice cream for free. Also, had a problem with a chicken from M&S which, when you turned it over, looked like it had been in a fight.

ewwww that's yukky! we had one with a slight green tinge (and smelly too!) from asda a while back (free range corn fed ;) ) with 3 days left on it. and when we took it back they sort of shrugged their shoulders and gave us another one! nice customer service - not! lol

I have an outhouse that I'm hoping to raise chucks in! Our rental agreement says no pets, chucks aren't pets are they? They use to keep pigs in the outhouse, but I prefer to have a garden! At least with chucks they don't take that much containing! I don't suppose OH would let me have an egglu?

ooooh i dream of an eglu! especially an eglu cube!!! :D we could never afford one though - maybe when we win the lottery! LOL

Back