Cheb....Too old to get home with the Dawn Chorus!

Oooh, the countdown works!!! Only 238 days until we leave:D What are we like eh? If we're this excited now, how will we be the week before!!

Evening All

Well, survived the day shopping with DD, quite painful but we did manage to buy a few bits. She normally lives in t'shirt and jeans I think more because they're safe and she lacks confidence in herself and doesn't really know what else to choose. So it was quite revolutionary to buy other stuff today, I, of course could not help in the selection process cos anything I liked made her want to vomit, Charming! Helly was allowed to make sugesstions though! She did throw a typical teenage gauntlet down, she was determined to have a 3" heel pair of sandals; which she couldn't walk in. I did think oh what the hell if she wants to waste her money let her, but having seen her totter about in them I had to say no. Strop followed, obviously, but I think in fact I actually gave her a get out, cos I think she realised that she wasn't safe in them, but she would never admit it. Kids eh, who'd have 'em.

Anyhow I'm very proud of myself cos I have SSed today, I read the menu at lunchtime and it looked yummy but having thought about it and given myself the choice I decided that I really wasn't that bothered. When everyone elses came it wasn't hard at all to sit and spectate. Strange isn't it? Feel great, and really chuffed.

Jude, how did you get on?

Hi Cheb, I had quite a tough day too. DD and I went over to the Isle of Wight with my friend, her hubby and her boy. The kids wanted to eat at 12.30pm and did, my daughter picked so the plate remained on the table so she could graze all the time we were at the indoor play area. Then we left there and went to the beach, when it started to rain we dived in a cafe for shelter and the parents had jacket potato with chease and tuna (my fav) and chicken pie and chips. I don't like chips but could have killed for the chicken pie :(

As per usual, I didn't cheat and kept telling myself that I am into the last 5 days of the foundation stage and will not spoil my record!

After the 100 days are up on Monday I will have to adjust my goals to 1/2 stone markers.

I really can't afford to balls this up. It has cost us such a lot for me to be able to do LL with the view of maitaining the weightloss. I have to give myself the best chance of doing this by getting to goal so that I can concentrate on maintaining the loss and learning how to eat again without the confusion of trying to still lose weight in the management phase.

Onwards and downwards although it is only through dogged determination now rather than 'needing' to. Please god, don't let me fall :(

Cheers cheb. We will do this together. :D

It is going to be sooooo satisfying to get to goal :cool:

Morning

Well still feeling committed today, committed to SSing not being committed; although sometimes it is said that I should be carted off by the men in white coats and committed :D

Just having my first pack, cappuccino thrown in with a black coffee. Incidently CD has taught me how to spell cappuccino! There's so much more to it than weight loss you know!

Got a meeting with my boss first thing this morning, few things to sort out and some courses to arrange. Hoping for a bit of feedback too, he's great but so poor at communicating. I have no idea if he's happy with my performance at work or if he thinks I'm a waste of space:eek: So I might be down in the dumps later if I don't like what I hear.

Hope you all have a truly wonderful and skinnier day than yesterday!

hi! Well done you!!

i too have just start ss'ing on cd. i started sat and have lost 11lbs already!

i look forward to reading up on your posts.

:D :D :D :D :D well done for being good on your shopping trip, good luck with rob today, he did ask me where the p45 are kept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 yesterday:rolleyes: not really prob goning to talk about a payrise tell him you need the money for your hoilday fund!!!!!:)

Well done Cheb for resisting - proud of you! And you came back from shopping with DD with your sanity mostly intact!!!:D

Sure feedback is going to be glowing!! Let us know how it goes.

Chicken - so pleased that you are remaining so strong willed. You fail??? NEVER!!!!!:D

Louisa26 - Hi honey! Welcome, I don't think i've 'met' you. Congrats on such a fantastic start!!!:D

Awwww - so proud of you all! HUGS!:D

Hi Cheb,

Proud of you girl!
I wasn't quite so restrained, did have a chicken salad, but resisted the muffins with afternoon coffee and got straight back to business when I got home.

Slow and steady loss so far, 2 pounds in three days but dipstick is indicating traces of ketosis so all is well.

Got four clients coming today so business is hotting up already. I hope I can inspire a decent success rate.

Lol at your cappuccino, I still have to check the spelling! It's much easier when the client wants banana...

Have a good day,

JudeX

hi! Well done you!!

i too have just start ss'ing on cd. i started sat and have lost 11lbs already!

i look forward to reading up on your posts.

Hi Louisa

Welcome to the wonderful world of SSing!!! 11lb since Saturday is amazing, you must be chuffed to bits. Is this the first time you have tried a VLCD?

When I started last August, I hardly faltered but have lost my way a bit this year, still I feel on track now to finish the job.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted with your progress.

Hi Jude

Well it was only a chicken salad so I think that counts as a success, what would you have chosen in the old days? I'm sure you would have indulged in a choc muffin at least. Reckon I'd have had 2!

Pleased to hear that those clients are increasing, in number obviously not in size!

Can't really tell you about the ticker, I have changed mine but it's more luck than judgement! I know I launched another page and went to User CP and edit sig, then clicked on my ticker which took me to the ticker factory site, after that I just got lucky I think! There is a guide on the tech support thread from Pierce though it was a bit over my head (I'm very stupid with comps) might make more sense to you.

Another day almost done, feeling good and very focused. Also feeling cold but nobody else is, I'm wearing a thick polar neck and my hand are freezing; ooh maybe I'm back in the pink.

Meeting with bossman went well, phew no P45 for me then.

DD birthday is today, she's 13; yet I feel like we've suffered long enough already at the hands of a teenager but in actual fact I fear its only just beginning. She's having a pampering party, we have a beautician coming to turn my living room into a spa complete with spa music and candles. She'll give her and 5 friends mini facials, manicures and pedicures, and a make up lesson. Plus she brings foot spas and massaging cushions. Sounds lovely, but I'll be in the kitchen drooling as I prepare the buffet:( It's quite pricey but you're only 13 once eh?

Hope you have all had a good day and are all feeling as resolved as me to get all the way to target.

Good Morning Friend:D
Have a wonderfull day with Robyn and her friends and stay away from those sausage rolls!!!!!! LOL.
Be strong Nikkie, I know party food is your biggest weakness, but I have every faith in you to stick to SS.
Have a great day and I will see you at work tomorrow.
Love

Ooh that sounds like a wonderful idea for a party!
my DS the younger was 13 in June. having been a monster for ages I have been shocked to discover a major change in him. Itis like he has spent 13 years being a Kevin and now he has matured! Rather than arguing for hours he seems to listen, say his piece then more oftenthan not comply!:eek:
DS the elder however is putting me through the roller coaster of emotions. He was 16 in july and seems to think that having left school he now can come in when he wants and I'm the strictest parent in the world because I ask him to come in for 12.30 and everyone else can stay out till the early hours! I told him if he had somewhere specific to go like a party or something that would be different but to just hang about outside isn' ok. I did (rightly or wrongly) infer that maybe the other parents don't care about their kids if they think it ok for teenagers to be wandering the streets till 2am ! Didn't go down well! Then after tears (from me!) and lots of self questioning he will get up the next day to do a load of work on the garden. Then he gets in a fight with a friend of a friend and get a black eye! Then yesterday he comes home with 8 GCSEs! It is sooo hard! I don't want to be overprotective but there must be a balance somewhere!

Anyway sorry, went off on one there. hope the party goes well. As soon as buffet done why don't you paint your nails so that you can't pick any of it up for a bit?

Have lots of fun
xxxxxxx

Oh my, you have a teenager in the house how :eek:

Good luck with preparing the party food. I had the trials of this last weekend for my daughters 4th birthday and boy was it tough :(

How about making up some crisps up before you start preparing the food for you to pick at if you feel overwhelmed at any time?

You know this could be very difficult with all those bite sized morsals looking up at you so now would be a good time to think about coping strategies to get you through.

My coping strategy was just to throw a massive strop :eek:

You CAN get through this if you are strict with yourself ;)

hi Nikki.

Say happy birthday to Robyn her party sounds lovely.

if you can survive shopping without eating you can do this party you have been so good:) please don't be tempted your only regret it then you will have to get cold all over again

Danseurs.gif

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Guess what? I didn't eat!!!!! Nothing, not a nibble, not a licked finger, not a crumb or morsel. Zilch, zero, nada absolutely definitely not a thing!!!!! So I'm feeling pretty chuffed as you might have guessed:D

Don't even know where my resolve popped up from cos this morning I thought I probably would allow myself to eat. After all it is a special birthday and it's just one day and I'd soon get back on to it. Having given myself permission I found I was looking at all the yummy treats but not really fancying any of it so it wasn't actually hard to resist at all; I just didn't want it. Blimey, what's going on? I ate Tuesday night, a biscuit and a slice of bread so I'm sure that I was not in the pink but maybe I just got back into it today. Wow great timing, I just feel totally uninterested in the food around me. Long may that feeling last!

DD had a lovely pampering party despite 2 of the 6 guests not turning up:mad: I was a bit cross, but it's their loss, everybody else loved it and the girls all looked so pretty.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to 11st4lb so my ticker is now accurate, might just hop on tomorrow hoping I might be able to drop it down a lb. Then I shall put the scales away again, I'm sure that when I see 10st something my CB will tell me I look so amazing I might as well eat cos that's what I've done time and time again. BUT NOT THIS TIME!

How has everyone day been today? Just off to read your posts to find out.

Cheb I am so proud of you :D

Keep going and sticking with it then you'll have less time to do till you reach your goal. :)

Back