Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hardly any kids at The Harvester! ;)
Had a really nice meal! Got the big pasta shells in tomato sauce with goats cheese and the teeniest bit of broccoli. I had 2 bowls from the salad bar and 2.5 little wholemeal rolls. I did, however get the rocky horror sundae ;) Tbf though it was mainly ice cream, hardly any brownie, and virtually no chocolate sauce. plus I didn't get the cream (coz it makes me projectile vomit :p) But still, a lot of ice cream. It was nice, but a little disappointing.
Lovely meal overall though and I think I'd be pretty happy to just get salad and bread next time :p

Haven't been home long and my work friend needed some pointers for the assignment she's doing. Out of curiosity I went on to my profile on the college website to see what grade I got in that assignment. There's nothing there!! I have no submitted work or anything graded!! Everything's gone :eek:
I wonder if it's because my profile isn't officially active yet as my re-start date is the 17th, but you'd think my existing grades would be there??
I mean I have all the written work still and I hope my boss and my mentor would still have my practical assessment stuff. But I also did an exam! And apparently the new tutor is pretty strict so I would worry that she'd be more critical of my work and give me lower grades - I've been getting merits and distinctions for everything.
Argh I really don't need any more to worry about!! FFS :mad: My boss is off for a week and my mentor isn't in till Tuesday. Balls!!

Just having a peppermint tea and watching the Scandimania programme on 4. Oh how I love Sandinavia. I'm pretty sure Sweden is my spiritual home. And, you know, all the men are beautiful ;)

I was going to try for 3 fast days next week, but considering the stress and everything I'm not sure it's a good idea to try too hard. Plus one of them would have to be tomorrow and we're at the hospital early and then I'm in work later, seems a bit too much to ask of myself.
Only wanted to do 3 because I think the weekend is going to be rather off plan and I wanted to prepare for that. But two fast days and some low syn SW days should more than help me out really. Was just getting a bit ahead of myself.

So that's the plan for next week. 2 fast days, try to keep my SW days as low syn as possible, and try not to let the weekend get too out of control lol.
I'm going to the house Michelle's looking after on Saturday for pizza and chips. And either Sat or Sunday me and Mum will hopefully be going in to town for a meal somewhere and probably cake ;) But the other meals over the weekend will be SW, so not too bad really. And it's all planned and I can save up and prepare for it and all that. Should be good :)

Glad you had a good meal out, and very glad your Mum felt well enough to go.

Don't worry too much, I'm sure they'll have records, maybe they're updating your profile or created a new one and haven't transferred the data over yet. They are definitely legally obliged to keep a trace of it!

Yeah, don't push yourself too hard. I'm def not an expert but i'm sure two meals off plan will definitely be ok, especially when you do so well on your fast days. 3 would be a mega push and you are better off concentrating on your Mum tomorrow than worrying about fasting, I think.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you only have good news!

xx

I really hope so Sophie! I'd be devastated if my marks were lost. I did pretty damn well! I'm hoping it's just because I haven't re-started yet and on the 17th they'll magically appear again.

I think I'd cope pretty well with an extra fast day, lots of people do alternate fasting days anyway. And I still stand by if I can do 96hrs of complete fasting over 5 days and not die I could cope with 3 500cal days ;) But yeah, will save that challenge for a more appropriate time and when it's more deserved. Will be sensible....for now ;)

I think tomorrow will just be an assessment thing and setting up tests and stuff. Have no doubt they will want to do all the tests they can - at least bloods (vampire doctors!) and I assume an MRI or CT. But yeah, will just see what happens. Think I might get a Starbucks afterwards. I have a voucher for a free one that runs out in a few days. Probably a soy caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup :D Nice and SW friendly!

Right all, I'd better go off to bed seen as I'm up before the crack of dawn lol. Just watching the end of the rabbits episode of Father Ted! :bunnydance: I do loves bunnies. Bishop Brennan however does not ;)
Night everyone. Will update tomorry after the hospital.
Love to y'all.xx

OMG Injust rralised that my last reply on here didnt go through and I have seemingly neglected your diary for ages :'( nooo! Sorry!

I wrote about fast days energy- I definitely dont have high energy on fast days, no maam! Very weak/tired/irritable, but hyper mind when trying to sleep. I heard this is common, feeling a bit ultra aware and thus struggling to sleep... Particularly had this when I did a no food fast.
Well done for all your fast days (again typed that as 'fat days' by mistake :O ;)) exciting to see you so in the zone! And that was really an achievement to not binge after the upset of your mum's mini stroke! Awesome point for you ;)

Sucks that work are being so hard about the CW- so unreasonable!! But you seem to be pushing through it well :) cool!

Lindt bunny paw- how un-veggie of you to eat a poor bunny paw :O ;) x

I'm sure they'll have your grades and all your work stored somewhere, like you said it might be inactive till you officially start back.
I'm glad you had a nice meal and there was a lack little homo sapiens running riot :D I may have to make some banana ice cream this week not had any for ages.
I think with everything going on at the minute you're probably better off just sticking to 2 days fasting, I think a few meals off plan won't do much harm if the rest of the week is good.
Good night, hope everything goes well tomorrow x x x

Hey guys! Not long back from the hospital.
Consultant was a bit snippy, but aren't they all?! :rolleyes:
He's said he's not sure what's going on. It could be a mini stroke, but doesn't quite fit with what we've described. So he wants to check her heat, brain, and organ functions. He's considering potential epilepsy, but the underlying causes of sudden onset older epilepsy terrify me. Anyway, this morning he sent her for bloods, a neck ultrasound, and an ecg. We went back to see him and the neck and ecg results are fine.
So will wait for blood results and he's also ordered brain scans (I assume mri), a 5 day portable ecg, and I can't remember what else. If these all come back ok he's going to refer her to a neurologist. Why they don't just do that now I dunno. But you know what they're like!!

We went to Starbucks after and I drank less than a quarter of my soy milk sugar free caramel macchiatto, it was horrible and weak and just gross! So swapped it for a black coffee. Waste of my free voucher completely!!! Not even going to bother with this being towards my HexA allowance either. Annoying!

I'm so exhausted :( Hoping I look terrible by the time I go in to work ;)

The idea of 3 fast days wasn't too boost any losses but more as a damage control. I'm the least impatient person when it comes to losses as I generally don't lose no matter what I do, it was just for a bit of a health boost and planning for the weekend. But I know I couldn't have done it today. I just want to curl up and ignore the world if I'm honest. Sick of it all!!
Still nothing from the hospital about me either. Lovely to know they're in no hurry to tell me if I have tumours or not :mad: Just fed up guys. So, so fed up of everything. xx

Hey Tetris!
Hehe I didn't think you were neglecting me ;)
I don't get heightened or ultra-aware or anything. Just absolutely exhausted and really cold!! Apart from that I feel great. Odd how it effects you isn't it?!

I don't even know what to say about work. Just seemed pointless having all these meetings and making sure things would be in place for me. Absolute waste of time! Nice to know I'm being look after eh?! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha! The bunny paw was nommy. Besides, it would have had 3 more, it'll have been fine :p xx

The idea of 3 fast days wasn't too boost any losses but more as a damage control. I'm the least impatient person when it comes to losses as I generally don't lose no matter what I do, it was just for a bit of a health boost and planning for the weekend.

Ah OK - understood. Really hope it helps you.

Thanks Katie! My Mum and my Sister are literally all I have now - and the animals. It's terrifying.
I'm feeling really lost and horrible again. Everything's out of my hands and it's a waiting game again :(

Don't worry Patty. Before I got sick last year my losses averaged out to around 0.5lb a month. So yeah, I'm used to little or no gains. But this week isn't right for me to do extra fasts and I shouldn't put myself through it. Just would have been nice to prepare a little for the weekend. Will just do it low syn instead :)

Monday food: A proper, all out SW Green Day ;)

Lunch: 2 egg omelette with red onion, mushrooms, sweet orange pepper, spinach, and LOTS of cheese (HexA1). Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, and a few splashes of original Tabasco!
2 free Linda M Sausages
Half a tin of beans with a few vine tomatoes in
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea: Quorn "chicken & chorizo" veggie pasta sauce with extra mushroom, sweet peppers, spinach, and red jalapeños (0.5 for Chorizo)
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (HexA2)
Butterhead and baby leaf salad.
Sweetfire beetroot.
Garlic and Herb and some super low cal dressing (1.5)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)
A mini Malteser Bunny (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 9

Exercise: stress and work!

Last edited:
It sounds scary about your mum, I can see why you're scared. The more tests she has the more chance they have of pinpointing what it is, I'll keep my fingers crossed they find out soon and do something about it. You need to look after yourself as well, please don't do too much and make yourself worse. x x x x

Hey guys!
I was very lucky that work was actually quiet!! I didn't get a single emergency call and I think we saw 3 clients after we went over to emergencies :eek: That never happens!!
At least it meant I could get some stuff done and set up for tomorrow and stuff. Had a really good chat with one of the new cleaner type people too, she's lovely :)

Barbette mate I wish I could say I wont take on too much, but what choice do I have?! :( Feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight and I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm so painful too, feel like I've been beaten up. Urgh!!
I don't need to be up early tomorrow really and I'm not in work till 4. Just need to get a shower, have lunch, and try and do a bit more of this assignment before I go in.
It'll be a fast day tomorrow so at least lunch wont take long lol.

Had a really nice tea! Defrosted a tub of veggies, Quorn pieces, and Quorn Chorizo and added a sliced sweet pepper, half a big chestnut mushroom, and a big handful of fresh spinach. Topped it with loads of cheese and some red jalapeno's. Had it with tomato Pasta N Sauce, salad, and sweetfire beetroot and some nice salad dressing. I'm very, very full lol!! Ended up much bigger than I'd expected :p

My view --- I think that thinking about SW and weight loss is the least of your worries - just eat well and forget about a 3 day fast. You need food to keep your body healthy for your Mum and yourself. You could just repeat Monday with a variation every day or something similar. x x x x x

I get cold on fast days too. I dont enoy them as much as you though and I end up going upstairs and wanting to be on my own- G has learnt to leave me alone as I snap a lot :p me + reduced food = b*tch mode ;)

Dont push yourself if you cant manage three fasts- you are doing SW on most non fast days so that should give you some leverage as most 5:2'ers eat what they want on those days!

Re: Harvester- I love that place the JD bbq sauce you can get on any grilled dish is SO nice! 6 syns but makes the meal ;) not sure what veggie options you could have it with though but I do recommend it.
I love the salad bar too, usually end up full before I get my main meal though :rolleyes: shame we cant just have the free salad bar then bugger off ;)
Sundaes there are like 14 syns for a basic one- not that bad for the size! I often split a butterscotch one with G.
X

Hey guys!
Wow, so many visitors :D *waves*

I promise you all I am only doing two fast days this week :) I refuse to let SW slip again because I did last year and I'm now 1stone up. I NEED to make myself eat healthily and get my body healthy, it's the only thing I can do for myself now really so I'm very very determined. But, as you can see, I hardly deprive myself on either fast or regular SW days ;) I like food way too much!

I do get very cold on fast days and end up getting my thermal gear out. Handy I have that ;) Oddly though it is a generalised cold and doesn't set off my Raynauds, which would obv be a worry. So I just throw on some thermal stuff, grab a blanket, and keep as warm as I can. Shouldn't be a problem in work later seen as it's hotter than the sun in there at the moment. I'm not an overly sweaty person, but lately I have had some spectacular antiperspirant malfunctions :eek: And I use Mitchum as a base with a 48hr spray on top! Have taken a small bottle of antipersperant in for my locker and there are usually wet wipes or I could make my own with swabs and soap ;) If anything like that happens. It's so embarrassing!! :eek:

I think unless I was starving I'd be quite happy to go to Harvester and just get the salad! And have loads of salad and some mini bread rolls. Maybe a side of chips if I felt like splashing out ;) Good to know that the sundae's aren't too bad syn wise. Under 20 is very reasonable for something like that! I'd be happy to share one of them in the future. Thanks for that matey!

I really needed to do some coursework today before work but I just can't. I really don't feel very good - dizzy/blurry and still in a lot of pain. I think someone beat me up even more in my sleep. Do not like this pain!! I was going on recently about how I seemed to have been lucky and not gotten the painful symptoms of M.E. Then I go back to work, then they pile on the coursework pressure, and then more health stuff with Mum. FML! :cry: Yeah, feeling rather sorry for myself. Meh.... Sorry for the moaning!
I KNOW I can have this assignment finished and the other bits I need to prep for ready by the time my start date comes round. So it being a bit late isn't a major issue and, tbh, I've done a lot - way more than I thought I could given the circumstances, so, f*ck it ;)

Patty you tell her ;) Evil chocolates!!

Katie, I love the Quorn pepperoni and chorizo. Also, the garlic sausage is very very nice. That was a surprise! I'm getting pizza on Sat and will get one of them to put on it :D

Right, a rather basic fast day today because I cba and I have some things that need using. So quite basic for me, but still a good day I reckon. Food to follow.....xx

Tuesday: 500cal Fast Day. Plenty and plenty of water to try and help with this f*cker of a headache!! Just one caffeine'y cup of coffee, the rest will be de-caff and caffeine free tea.

Lunch at 2:30pm: Tin of Weight Watchers Tomato & Basil soup (77)

Tea at 9:30pm: Quorn 300g Cottage Pie (219)
Microwave veg bag - Broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower (40)
20g watercress (6)
1tsp of Italian dressing (4)
Liverpool-20140211-00505.jpg

Dessert: Weight Watchers jelly (8)
8 raspberries (8)

Snack at 11pm: Graze Summer Pudding - yoghurt coated sunflower seeds, blackcurrants, sponge pieces and cranberries (137)

Drinks: Coffee. Peppermint Tea. Vanilla Rooibos. 1l of water. Diet Coke (1 for a few gluggs)

Calories used: 500
Calories left: 0

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
Back