Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Wednesday food: SW Green Day. Missed out on Super Free again this evening. So naughty!!

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red onion, orange pepper, mushroom, and spinach in (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
5 Quorn nuggets (
2.5)
Seasoned SW chips
Half a tin of spaghetti hoops
Cheese (
HexA2)
1 slice of wholemeal bread (half
HexB2)
Fruity brown sauce (
1)

Snack:
1 Alpen Light (rest of
HexB2)

Drinks:
Coffee. Coke Zero. Options made with Koko (rest of
HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 6.5
Syns left: 21.5

Last edited:
I don't feel well at all today! Actually almost phoned in sick and stayed in bed :eek: But I went in and a good job I did. They were very short staffed on the front and then a receptionist went home sick. So I started as consult VCA, then did dispensary by myself for a couple of hours (our dispensary is mental!), then had to do the phones to cover the receptionists break, then back as a consult VCA *phew* I stayed a bit late too to help with a dog. Ridiculous creature jumped from a balcony and landed face first..... So helped get him set up in his kennel and on a drip and stuff. Silly, silly dog. Hope he'll be ok.

Stopped at Sainsbury's on the way home and got a few bits and some petrol. And just had my lunch and watching Neighbours :)

We're going to the cinema later so I'm going to be good and take a small fruit salad and a yogurt with me.
Mid-week WI at work is showing a sts, which is pretty good for me lol. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get weighed again, the shifts I'm on next week aren't jumping on the scales friendly lol.

Didn't get the chance to do any exams and no one even mentioned the course, too busy!! So at least I guess I have a good few more days to study for the exams. It's difficult revising for two written short answer ones tho. The multiple choice is ok, but the other two together are a bit confusing. Will see how it goes!
No idea if my mentor has marked the work I sent her last week, probably not....
xx

Thursday: SW green Day. LOTS of superfree today :D Only half a HexA but I did have a yogurt and cottage cheese.

Lunch:
2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Maple syrup (1)
Banana
Koko milk (part HexA1)

At the cinema:
Small tub of red grapes, raspberries, and strawberries.
Activia 0%

Tea:
Portion of my veg packed curry/dahl with extra spinach.
Packet of Mild Curry rice.
Cottage cheese
Salad & low cal dressing (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 1.5
Syns saved: 35. Eeeeep!

Last edited:
You did extremely well to cope with work - I hope you enjoy the film. Boo to the mentor for not getting back with any of your work - it seems the pressure is on you (normally) to do it, but not on her to mark. Hope having to delay the exams works in your favour.

Well done on the STS.

Did you know you did exactly right in going about a new car at the end of the month? Apparently the sales people are likely to be more helpful because they might not have reached their monthly target. Mind you, given your's and Babette's experience it doesn't sound as though that applies to Skoda. I'll certainly take a close look next time we replace a car. I'd have liked a Yeti when we did change last year but couldn't afford one - I didn't look at deals. It sounds like my loss.

It's not a problem, just glad I could help :)

Sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you haven't over done it. Work sounds mental, not what you need when you're ill :(
Poor doggy, I hope he's okay.

What you going to see today? I hope you have a good evening x x x

Hey guys!
Wow, quick replies lol!

The thing with my mentor being slow to mark stuff is ridiculous. It's getting to the point now where she's in fact slowing mine and Becci's progress! Very unfair! Hoping she can catch up soon. I really need to get on with stuff. It's been a week now since I submitted something and I really don't want it to slow down too much. A lot of it is practical stuff tho.

I don't really know how I coped with work. Especially dispensary because it's a huge cause of anxiety for me. The pressure is seriously on when you're in there. You have up to 5 consulting vets putting through drugs, people coming in to buy flea/wormer stuff, meds coming through from the inpatients, the repeat prescription phone messages have to be checked and those prescriptions put through, and you have to deal with any requests for private cremations and sort out the bodies :confused: And obviously you just have labels coming through so you have to put the drug orders together, the right drug, right dose, right amount, check for contraindications, make sure it's for the right species, etc....
But I did pretty well. I kept on top of the waiting list, got rid of all the waiting repeat messages, got everything out and hopefully right lol! We have to initial everything anyway, so if anything was wrong it will come back to bite me in the ass ;)

I am very excited to see what living with a Skoda is like. My friends adore their Fabia, except for the fuel consumption (it's a sport!). They're coming to the end of their finance now so have that big decision to make. I have to admit I don't really like the Yeti - sorry!! But I can see how amazingly useful they'd be for someone with disabilities or a wheelchair or something! Whereas I'm making my Mum get in a 3 door Citigo ;) If she wants 5 doors she can pay for the extra 2 doors :p

I'm not sure Skoda really care what time of the month you go in. Or at least didn't seem to. It probably is a selling technique, but nothing was rushed or pushed on you or anything. The decisions at least appeared to be all mine! In a way I wish he'd have recommended me some add-on's to see his reaction when I turned it down. But he seemed to realise I'd done my research and I did actually know what I wanted.
Even when they couldn't find a 3 door available, at first, he came back with a choice of the Elegance with 5 doors or one with the slightly more powerful engine. Then he came back again and said if I wanted to order one new it would be around 12 weeks (still seems quick to me to build an actual car!!). And while he was talking to me he got shouted over to say they'd found my one due to be built next week and no one had requested it. So I nabbed it lol!
It just "felt" like he couldn't do enough for me and yeah of course he wanted to sell me the car, but it really wasn't forced.

I have a crap load of questions written down though. I don't know whether to email him or wait until we next go in for paperwork. Unless you wouldn't mind having a look Barbette? *flutters eye lashes*

I have a strong feeling I will fall in love with Sven the Skoda (yeah I know!) very quickly. But we'll see! Already trying to work out how I'm going to fit in the staff car park. No way I'm parking him in the client car park now!!!! Oh no!

Soooo, when are you due a new car Patty? ;)

Oh yeah, I'm happy with the sts. Lets hope a little moves by the time I can get on the scales again.xx

Well done on going into work. If I ever go in when I'm feeling really bad I always give myself a mental pat on the back and tell myself well done lol!!

Good luck with the BBQ restaurant! It's so awkward being a veggie sometimes isn't it? I went to a Brazilian BBQ meat-fest place in December with work (Fazenda) and the only veggie option was creamy pasta. It was bloody gorgeous, but deffo not SW friendly!!

Congrats on the new car too :) Enjoy the film xx

Oh not heard of that, Johnny Depp can be hit and miss in his roles, loved him as Jack Sparrow that is so him :)

The dispensary sounds like a very responsible job, one mistake and it could make an animal ill, must be stressful. I'm a little OCD so I'd probably have to re-check things god knows how many times just to make sure I'd done it right lol.

They must train them like that because where we went was the same, very chilled back made us a brew or gave us a can of pop. He didn't push us into anything we din't need and gave sound advice and he did the same for the sister-in-law. We went at the beginning of the month and the SIL went in the middle. And they seemed to go out of their way to find vehicles that were built but not claimed and he even got the insurance knocked down in price because he knew they were on a tight budget.

Patty, the Yeti is awesome :D My OH is 6 foot 4 and with me sat in the front he can fit in the back behind me, not many cars we can do that in. The boot is versatile as the back seats move forwards and backwards and they come out completely if needed. We can get a large wheelchair in the boot comfortably with kids i the back. I like it being high up as well, can't drive small cars I can't see the road properly and when I'm in ours I can see over the bonnet and get a better view of everything around me. Would definitely recommend them, we're getting another one next time.

I love the name you have for your new car, Sven :) Ours is called Bernard and she is a girl ha ha ha ha. Oh I don't mind having a look, I don't know how much use I'll be though lol.

Hope you have a great evening x x x

Hey Katie!
Lovely to see you :D
I can't imagine how p*ssed off my boss would have been if I'd phoned in sick today with being so short staffed. Hoping I got on her good side doing (hopefully) a good job today. At least I did get to sit down for a bit lol. Very unusual for me!

My Sister LOVES this Brazilian place. She's been twice now!! She's veggie, but her Mr is a carnivore. He actually preferred the veggie buffet to his actual meat main! So I am hopeful it'll be good. Need to check out the menu for dessert.... ;)
Bem Brasil I think it is. There really isn't an online menu :confused:

Thank you for the congrats on the car. Really, really hope it's a good decision!

Barbette you've been super helpful so far!! The questions are just stuff I didn't really think to ask while we were there. Some stuff I just wanna double check and other stuff we just kinda skimmed over really.
I'll do the questions on a separate post.

It just feels like the salesmen aren't actually selling you anything! I mean he asked about the 5 door option and when I said it's usually me and Mum or me and a dog he backed off and when I said what I could get for that money on extra's or moving up a model he totally got my point. I mean if I'd gone for the SE and added on the extra doors and the PID that's the price of upgrading to an Elegance. So made sense to not have the extra doors I would hardly ever use and get the better model!
I mean there'll be days like today where someone will be in the back coz Mum was with me, but that's pretty rare.

Actually had the idea of when we pick it up to take Michelle with us and then see what it can do on the motorway and go for a celebratory tea at Ikea! I mean I do need some gherkins..... LOL!

Did you get your insurance thru Skoda? Aviva are once again the lowest for me - 3rd policy in a row! Buy a couple of hundred quid as well.
What do I do about the insurance btw? Is it a case of giving a cancellation date for the old car and a start date for the new one?

I can imagine the Yeti is really really practical, esp for you and Ian! Maybe when I get my Wolfhound I'll have to get a bigger car lol!!

I think Sven the Skoda has a nice ring and suits it pretty well! I love that yours is a girl one called Bernard :D I had a chinchilla called Bernard, he was a boy though. But I did once have a girl guinea pig called Ron :D

I really enjoyed Transcendence. Interesting story and rather well acted. Johnny Depp is mostly an artificial intelligence thing, but it was done really well. Didn't enjoy the two girls who didn't shut the f*ck up all the way through. Why would you pay to go to the cinema and then talk all the way through the film?! That's an expensive chat!!

Right, car questions to follow.... Sorry everyone! Feel free to jump in :) xx

Skoda Questions:

Did I ask for tyres cover as well as servicing and maintenance?

Do I have to use the Skoda garage for servicing and repairs?

Would I get a courtesy car if it needs repairs?

When will my current finance agreement end? When will the last payment be?

I've paid another finance payment since we spoke and the redemption fee was requested. Will that £110 be knocked off now?

How does PCP work? Is it as simple as it looks with the end of term options?
Is the optional final payment genuinely optional?

How much will my balloon/optional payment be?

I can use it to part exchange for any new Skoda at the end of the term?

What is the excess mileage fee? (I think it's 4.4ppm)
Is the excess mileage payable no matter what option you choose at the end?

Noticed there is a PCP acceptance fee and option to purchase fee. Is that already included?

Having a minor freak-out over the mileage allowance and wondering whether 5,000 is enough. It should be considering what I've done in mine so far. But I am panicking a bit now that I'm back in work and using it more.
Was talking to my fake little brother and he worked out how much it would cost me if I went over by say 1,000 miles. It would be £44 per 1,000 miles over. I wonder how much adding 1,000 mileage allowance on to the finance would cost compared to that. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I feel awful today. Really bad ME day and I just want to curl up and cry. I do have to trundle round to the chemist for Mum tho. She always leaves it last minute and she's going to her Mum's tonight and needs her meds for over the weekend. *Sigh* Will just dry shampoo my hair and wander round in a bit.

Just had a nice brunch. I'm actually enjoying mixing up my food a bit. And decided not to have little potatoes with my lunch because I fancy mash this evening. Think I need to think a bit more and put a bit more effort in to my food so I'm not eating the same stuff all the time. Might help with the losses even. We'll see :)

Will do food now.xx

Friday food: SW Green Day. Rocking the superfree today ;)

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Spaghetti hoops
3 grilled vine cherry tomatoes
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red onion, orange pepper, and spinach (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
BBQ interesting beans - bbq beans, onion, carrots, green beans, 3 different coloured peppers, & cherry tomatoes (made enough for 2 big portions)
2 veggie burgers (2) topped with gherkins
Cheese Smash
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad and low cal dressing (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Mini Malteser Bunny (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Vimto.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns saved: 43.5

Last edited:
Skoda Questions:

They will call you up and take your car to their garage for servicing and if the repair is covered by your plan they'll do that as well.

I would imagine so.

Are they taking your car as part exchange? If so they should sort this out, but I would ask.

I've paid another finance payment since we spoke and the redemption fee was requested. Will that £110 be knocked off now?

Yes it's completely optional after the time is up your can just hand the car back if that's what you want or make a final payment and keep it.

The optional payment will be what is left of the original sale price minus what you've paid over the 3 years(or how many years you've opted for)

Yes you can use the car as part exchange, so you can upgrade.

I think they told us it was 6p per mile and yes you have to pay anything above the mileage you've chosen on your plan. Also your services are set up to match your mileage so they might not service it if you go way over.

Noticed there is a PCP acceptance fee and option to purchase fee. Is that already included?

I've answered the ones I could, if I was you I would pop back in and speak to them and ask them about the mileage if you think you've not opted for enough, I'm sure they sort it out for you. What else I would do is tot up your average weekly mileage going to work, shopping, going out, picking your mum up etc. and see what it comes out at.

Sorry to hear having a bad day health wise, I hope you pick up as the day goes on. Make sure you take it easy and look after yourself x x x

Having a minor freak-out over the mileage allowance and wondering whether 5,000 is enough. It should be considering what I've done in mine so far. But I am panicking a bit now that I'm back in work and using it more.
Was talking to my fake little brother and he worked out how much it would cost me if I went over by say 1,000 miles. It would be £44 per 1,000 miles over. I wonder how much adding 1,000 mileage allowance on to the finance would cost compared to that. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I feel awful today. Really bad ME day and I just want to curl up and cry. I do have to trundle round to the chemist for Mum tho. She always leaves it last minute and she's going to her Mum's tonight and needs her meds for over the weekend. *Sigh* Will just dry shampoo my hair and wander round in a bit.

Just had a nice brunch. I'm actually enjoying mixing up my food a bit. And decided not to have little potatoes with my lunch because I fancy mash this evening. Think I need to think a bit more and put a bit more effort in to my food so I'm not eating the same stuff all the time. Might help with the losses even. We'll see :)

Will do food now.xx

I wish I could help you with mileage etc but I think perhaps Barbette will be able to help you much more! I really don't have a clue when it comes to things like that!

Sorry you're feeling so bad :( You do so well to look after you Mum! Oh, and thank goodness for dry shampoo! It doesn't exist in France but it's on my wish list every time someone comes over to visit!

I think it would be good to mix up your food, especially so you don't get bored. It can be an effort though. It's very easy to get stuck in a rut! I always find myself buying exactly the same things in the supermarket when actually the benefit of SW is that there is so much free food to choose from!

Hope you manage to get some restful sleep tonight xx

Hey guys!
I dragged my ass round to the chemist and then stopped in at Sister dearest's. No chance of me doing anything helpful today so I sat down while she scraped wall paper lol. We had a good chat about stuff too. She's given me an idea of what they're thinking for the new kitchen.
They said it's odd with all the tradesmen coming round and trying to offer them the cheapest options and stuff thinking "First time buyers = no money" And John's like no, we want THIS! Lol it must be very odd for the guys to not have to deal with someone like that. Made up for them though :)
I stayed for a bit after John came round but he brought his rifle to do some practices so left them to it. God how I want a go of that ;)

Came back home and fed the doggies, put my pj's back on, and put Frozen on. Tea soon :D

I agree Sophie, I kinda ended up with the same meals over and over again. And it is just because I LIKE those meals, but a bit of variety wont hurt.

My plan over the mileage is to track it from today (if I pick mum up) or tomorrow and see what I do in a week. Should be a pretty average week for driving this week. We're going to the cinema at some point, going to Caz's, I'm in work 3 days, etc...
I am probably just freaking out a bit. But I'd rather be overly cautious than end up going way over! It's just difficult without having a driving history, you know? Like I've only had a car for 15months and for a lot of that I was off work sick. it's also spent big chunks of time in the garage or sitting outside when I've been too sick to drive.
My work is 4 miles away and the cinema is about the same. Tim and Caz live just under 4 miles away - which is kinda where Asda is. So overall I do very very short distances in general. But it all adds up doesn't it?! Argh!!! Why do I stress myself out so much?! Lol!
What I will do is watch my mileage this week. And also ask how much they charge if I were to up my mileage allowance by 1 or 2,000 and see how it compares to the excess mileage charge - I did find it on the Skoda site, it says it's 4.4p. Could be different for different dealerships or car models?? But yeah, definitely one to ask about. Will do the rest of the car stuff in another post so anyone can skip it if they really want to ;) I know it's booooooring when it's not your car lol. xx

Skoda Questions:

They will call you up and take your car to their garage for servicing and if the repair is covered by your plan they'll do that as well.

I would imagine so.

Are they taking your car as part exchange? If so they should sort this out, but I would ask.

Yes it's completely optional after the time is up your can just hand the car back if that's what you want or make a final payment and keep it.

The optional payment will be what is left of the original sale price minus what you've paid over the 3 years(or how many years you've opted for)

Yes you can use the car as part exchange, so you can upgrade.

I think they told us it was 6p per mile and yes you have to pay anything above the mileage you've chosen on your plan. Also your services are set up to match your mileage so they might not service it if you go way over.

I've answered the ones I could, if I was you I would pop back in and speak to them and ask them about the mileage if you think you've not opted for enough, I'm sure they sort it out for you. What else I would do is tot up your average weekly mileage going to work, shopping, going out, picking your mum up etc. and see what it comes out at.

Sorry to hear having a bad day health wise, I hope you pick up as the day goes on. Make sure you take it easy and look after yourself x x x

I read that about picking up and dropping off the car for servicing. That is magical!! It does say if they need to keep it overnight you get onward transport costs or a courtesy car too :) So that's good!!
I just actually feel a bit guilty about not being able to use my local garage for anything after all they've done for me. I know that's a bit silly, but I do like that garage and they've been amazing.

I assume my current finance agreement will end when they officially buy my car and I sign the new finance? I need to ask about the payment I just made for my finance, coz surely now I've paid another £110 off the redemption fee will be less when I go sign papers in a couple of weeks?? Coz, you know, that's a decent chunk of money!! Yeah my car is going as part-exchange, they've offered me £800 :)

See now PCP just seems to good to be true lol!! My plan at the moment is to part ex this one at the end of the term and obviously have that as a much bigger deposit than I do this time round. So reducing payments/term and then maybe look at buying that one. Decisions!! But I quite like that idea anyway.
I assume at the end of the term say the car is worth 6k they'll have to take off the amount left on the balloon payment and then what is left is mine towards the next car?
Do you have any say over how much the balloon payment is, to reduce monthly repayments, or is it a set % of the car?

I haven't actually "seen" what my balloon payment is. But using my dodgy maths skills and looking at the example on Skoda's site it might be around £3,000, maybe a little more. Not bad though! Thought it'd be way more than that.

Thank you for your help Barbette. This is new territory to me and it's a bit scary - especially after last time! I keep waiting for the catch!
You think he'll let me have another test drive? ;)
He's given me his business card with his email and phone number and said to get in touch if I have questions. I suck with phone calls so would rather not. I could send him the list of questions but offer to go in and see him if it's a bit complicated via email? xx

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't help you with the finance because I've never bought a car that way. I totally get why you're freaking about the mileage though because I'd be the same. Is it taken annually, or on what the mileage is at the end of the term? I think I'd be inclined to over-estimate so that I didn't have to worry about unexpected journeys, but I'm saying that without knowing what the difference is in your payments if you go into the next mileage bracket.

I would e-mail and explain why you'd prefer to sort things out that way rather than by phone. In my experience people are very helpful once they know the reason.

I hope you improve soon but super well-done for helping your mum. You said the other day about thinking how your dad would be proud of you and your sis. As a mum myself, I can tell you that any parent would be proud of how you've done and what you are doing.

Hi Patty!
The mileage is set annually for the whole term of the finance. Well, I think so. Barbette? I don't think there's anyway of changing it once you've signed the finance agreement. I kinda resent the idea of being limited on miles and having to even consider it!! But I also don't want to be worrying about it all the time and working out if we can do a trip or not. Just a shame I don't have an accurate mileage on my car really. And I've done 4,000 miles since I got it, not 3! Eeeep!
I would hope that the price increase on the finance is LESS than the excess mileage fee - it wouldn't make any sense to charge more. Surely the excess mileage fee is a penalty! So by my terrible maths adding 2,000 mils a year *should* be less than the £88 a year you would pay as an excess fee. I mean, that makes sense?!!

I've emailed the sales guy a slightly adapted version of those questions and asked if he could reply by email. But that I'd be happy to go in and talk to him too. I tried to make it sound light! I mean I'm not thinking of backing out or massively changing anything, just want to ask a few questions and probably change the mileage now.
I haven't signed anything other than an order form for the car with some basic outlines of the policy. So really hoping the mileage can be changed.
I've checked my receipt and the mileage allowance isn't stated on there, but obviously the finance allowance has been. Hmmmm.... But I HAVEN'T signed the finance agreement yet and surely something like the mileage could be altered before then? *bites nails* Hopefully he'll get a chance to reply tomorrow.

I didn't mention why I would rather sort stuff out over email rather than phone. Was a bit embarrassed *blush*

Aww thank you Patty. You'll set me off as well. Such a lovely thing for you to say. I do wish I were a little bit more successful and maybe earned a bit more, but, meh, I'm doing what I always wanted and doing ok I think. Need to marry rich or win the lottery ;) xx

Last edited:
Saturday Food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
Plain porridge sachet (HexB1)
Banana
Koko milk (part HexA1)
2tsp of maple syrup (1)

Tea:
1 syn chilli (1)
Wild and white rice
Seasoned potato chunks
Cheese (HexA2)