Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Sunday Food: SW Green Day. We're off to meet Caz in a bit at the garden centre. There could be cake!! *looks shifty* Started the day with some nice Scandinavian open sandwiches :)

Lunch: Scandi Sani's!
2 Linda M Italian sausages (1)
Cheesy egg mayonnaise (half HexA1 + 0.5)
Spinach
Red pepper
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)

At Dobbies: Custard slice

Cinema: Maltesers

Tea: Veggie burgers on wholemeal bread with cheese and spinach.
Chippy chips with EL mayo & tomato sauce.

Snack: Cadbury's Caramel....Coz I really needed that as well :rolleyes:

Drinks: Coffee.

Syns used: All of them!
Syns left this week: Pffft....

Last edited:
Your food always sounds lush!

And well done for shaking it up a bit with the Scandinavian sandwiches!

Hope you've had a good day & the cake was nice!x

I have had a rather good day! But it did involve a custard slice, chocolate, and chippy chips..... Oh well, I had a whole load of syns saved and I don't feel too bad about it.
Me and Mum went to Asda to get a few bits and then went to meet my friend Caz at teh garden centre. But she was with my Sister and her boyfriend getting them discount at B&Q up the road lol. Mum needed the loo so I said I'd go look at the pet stuff while she was in there....which was my cunning plan to go buy the gift vouchers for her birthday ;)
Everyone came to meet us for cake and coffee. Then me and Caz took Mum round to hers to meet the puppy :) Dropped the shopping off at home and then went to see Spidey 2 - which is brilliant!
Back home for chippy chips with low syn burgers for me ;) And to watch the newest ep of Fargo then a few Game of Thrones. We're part way through season 3 now. I'm trying really really hard to wear a decent poker face and not ruin anything for Mum!! It's soooooo hard lol!!

Anyway, I'm off to bed so will see y'all tomorry :)
Hope everyone is having lovely weekends.xx

Hey guys!
Firmly back in SW territory :)

Also got a reply from the Skoda guy today. Didn't expect them to be open today because they're not open Sunday's. Anyway, he's replied and very helpful and nice about it too - I even got a smiley face :D He asked if I was excited about the car so I replied with "Excited? I haven't shut up! Driving everyone insane" Lol
He's going to speak to the finance guy tomorrow and see what difference the extra mileage I want makes and also the extra finance payment I've made since we got the settlement figure. He said he'll get this done tomorrow.
He's offered to call me about everything else and I suppose it makes sense rather than having to go there. So just asked if he could call me one afternoon this week once the mileage/finance stuff has been looked at. Eeeek!! Really, really hope the extra miles wont make too much of an impact *hides*

Also found a way I could get cashback even though I'm staying with Aviva - they're STILL the cheapest for me my 3rd policy in a row. They're quoting me half what everyone else is! Cashback can only be claimed if you're starting a new policy, not renewing. But I'm not renewing, I'll be starting a whole new policy. So should be entitled to the £60 cashback! Not going to turn that down :D

Feeling rather rubbish today. Worn out from yesterday and didn't sleep very well. And Mum wanted to mow the front garden before the rain arrived so that woke me up as well - my bedroom is at the front. So not feeling super today :(
Just had a late brunch and I bought Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 yesterday so watching that. There's a leek in the boat!!!!! x

Monday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
3 egg omelette filled with onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and cheese (HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea:
Ratatouille made with herby veg tray and added chunks of aubergine
Tomato sauce made with carton of tomatoes, garlic tomato puree, garlic, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, and spinach.
Quorn meatballs
Spaghetti
Cheese (Half HexA2)

Snack:
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
Activia 0%
Mini Malteser Bunny (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 11

Last edited:
Asda well ripped us off with their "Sweet & Herby" tray of veg. It's mostly carrot and would definitely not serve 4!!
So annoyed!
It's supposed to be red onion, courgette, red pepper, butternut squash, and carrot in a lightly oiled herby sauce - yeah I'm ignoring the oil ;)
There's 2 bits of red onion and 3 slices of courgette and the rest looks like carrot. Wtf Asda?!!

Anyway, making the sauce I've added some extra stuff to make up for it. Grumble grumble!

Sounds like you've had a good weekend :) Sorry it's caught up with you though today, I hope you're feeling a little better than this morning.

That was a quick response from Skoda, does sound like they're looking after you :) And that sounds like a great deal from Aviva and you'd be daft to turn down the cashback.

I would write to Asda and complain, they might send you a voucher :D

Hope you've had a good day today x x x

That's very impressive service from the Skoda garage. They totally deserve their reputation.

I would definitely contact Asda about their pack as it's the only way they'll learn that some things are less than satisfactory.

Cake? No-one saw you eating any cake - or anything less than saintly!

Hope you're feeling OK today.

Who said cake? What cake?! .... Lol!
Ah I don't care. I saved a crap load of syns. Plus I DID manage to jump on the scales with no one around today and I've lost another 0.5kg/1lb :D Down to 76kg!! I'm amazed!

Skoda are being really good aren't they? Will hopefully hear from him today or tomorrow about it. Everyone seems to think that the extra mileage wont make much difference at all to the finance. So fingers crossed!
I shocked one of our vets today. He was asking about my car and stuff and he said did you just get the basic S model. And I was like "Erm, no, the Elegance. The top model ;)" Oh yeah :p He's amazed at the cost tho esp considering I'm paying for the servicing and maintenance too. Quite chuffed!
Wonder what day this week it actually starts getting built?! Squeeee!!

Hoping I do have the cashback thing right. Rachelle did it with More Than though. cancelled Dave's insurance as it was cheaper as a new customer than at renewal! So she cancelled it and then st up a new one and got cashback too. But yeah, not going to turn down £60. That's two months worth of insurance payments! Which still makes me laugh lol.

I don't like complaining *blush* You think I'd have learned from the car situation.... I might drop them a quick email.

So today in work wasn't so bad. I was dreading it and hardly slept at all last night. I knew I was in kennels (my worst section) but didn't know which nurse. And it turned out to be one of the ones I don't really get on with :( But we've worked together a lot recently and we're getting on much better and she actually trusts me with giving oral meds and stuff. So we got on quite well today. Kennels wasn't "too" busy, we did have a few spare kennels.
We had a tiny little Jack Russel puppy in with head trauma which was SO sweet!! And also a little Shih Tzu pup who sounded like a Mogwai :D So that was nice.
I'm exhausted tho! Absolutely aching.

Just waiting at home now for the handy-man guy. Can't remember if I said but on Sat our new washing machine was delivered but the guy said he couldn't fit it because there was something wrong with the pipes (we think he was having us on!) so we've had to call out the guy who did our water heater and fire. He should be coming today to look at the pipes and hopefully fix it if it needs fixing and fit the new machine. Nothing's simple is it?!

I also have my follow up appointment with the endochrine consultant this evening. My friend Michelle is coming with me and we're going to go grab a cheap tea at the veggie place. I'll count today as all of todays syns and the ones I saved yesterday too. Not decided on lunch yet but will be low syn and I'm gonna try to avoid Hex's too :)

Tuesday food: Kinda off plan but not.... You know what I mean!

Lunch:
2 Quorn fillets with a bit of hot sauce
Low fat supernoodles
Salad and spinach
Very low cal dressing and extra light mayo (0.5)

Tea at Egg: Garlic'y cheese on toast with all the salads and salad cream.
Bought a slice of vegan chocolate crunch to bring home too :)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Costa soy hot chocolate.

All syns gone!

Last edited:
You know what's getting really old? Doctor's asking why on earth I've had all the horrific tests I have and what were the other Doctors thinking.
Pretty much what the consultant said to me today. He had no idea why they would have done either the glucose tolerance test or the 72hr fast. There was no basis for it. I KNOW!!
He said I don't have the insulinoma and have no evidence of needing to be tested for one. I bloody well know!!

He said my only "interesting" symptom from an endochrine point of view is my excessive drinking and pee'ing. So what does he want me to do? Have me admitted to hospital to have me tested for diabetes insipidus (water diabetes) which involves and unknown amount of time in hospital being deprived of fluids and seeing what happens. Now this is rare, like really rare!! This is what my Ellie was treated for before we discovered it was Cushings (which I also don't have!) He says it is very unlikely and he'd be highly surprised if I had it. But it is all he can think of trying.
Well whoopee f*cking do!! How about we just stop testing me for super rare, unlikely stuff and leave me alone!! If you have increased cortisol and anxiety and stress you drink more. You just do!!
I told him how concerned at being tested more and more and also having to take yet more time off work having just gone back. He said we might be able to do it over a weekend or bank holiday - I work most of them!! Plus, I really don't want any more tests. And being denied fluids honestly sounds worse to me than being starved!
I am so, so sick of this :(
I mean insipidus is easily treated. I know it is. And I *think* the test is basically measuring urine output once fluids are withheld. But I really don't want to do any more. I just don't. I really don't know what to do :(

Meh!!

They certainly like running tests on you don't they? :( If the high cortisol levels would cause you to drink more surely they should see that and leave you alone. I hoep they change their mind, going without flids sound bloody awful :(
I'm glad work wasn't too bad and you managed to get some "puppy time" :)
Your tea at the veggie place sounds lovely, not found any decent veggie places near me, they all seem to love their meat too much over here lol.
I hope you'v had a good evening and the hospital visit hasn't totally ruined it for you x x x

I had such an awful night :( I was so tired my eyes were streaming but I just couldn't sleep. Even through 2 AD's, 2 amitriptyline, and a sleeping pill my heart was pounding so hard my whole upper body was jumping and it was so loud I just couldn't sleep. It was so uncomfortable and loud!
Must have had maybe 20mins sleep at a time. I almost didn't go in to work today. I was so tired and in so much pain. But I realised it's a Wed and I only do 3hrs on a Wed so thought I'd give it a try. To be honest I kinda just kept to myself and did what I could. Very luckily kennels wasn't too bad and there was nothing out of the ordinary strenuous - if that makes sense? I couldn't wait to get out tho. The last hour was painfully slow!
So glad I have tomorrow off for owed stand-down.

That's the thing with this test. The Dr himself didn't know how long it would take or even if it would require an overnight stay. I'm really not willing to waste any more holidays or days off on pointless investigations. And for him to say it's very very unlikely after scoffing at his own bloody Dr's for making me go through horrendous investigations is just stupid! I mean, yes I drink a lot. It might just be the way I am. It could be psychogenic like he said. And, to be perfectly honest, I don't really care that I drink a lot. At least I'm probably keeping myself hydrated. The constant loo trips are a bit frustrating, but I don't see it as a problem as such. This is something I've lived with for a long time. It has gotten worse, but I assume it's the bloody cortisol and my body being in a constant state of stress. Which I'm sure another hospital stay will help.....

He's already ordered the test I just have to wait for an appointment. I really don't know what to do, I really don't.

The veggie place is good! We have a few in Liverpool. There's one I really want to visit some time soon tho :) I don't remember my friends ever telling me about veggie places in Leeds and my friend who lived there was vegan for a few years too. Doesn't seem like there's much veggie loving there lol.

I was so exhausted when I got home but decided to do my few jobs before I stopped and put my pj's on. I hoovered the living room, de-poo'd the garden, dragged all the bunnies stuff I bought yesterday out to the garage, cleaned and fed the bunnies, put together a bag of mixed hay for Rocco and tidied his cage a bit. Then pj's then lunch :)

I was supposed to be going to the cinema tonight with Michelle but no chance. I don't want to move now.x

Your tea at the veggie place sounds lovely, not found any decent veggie places near me, they all seem to love their meat too much over here lol.

Barbette - I never noticed you're in Leeds. I have the answer for you :D Roots & Fruits in the Grand Arcade, just after the theatre. It's a little veggie cafe that's been there years and is fab. It has been run by an old couple for years and years but was taken over by new owners about 6 months ago. I haven't eaten there since but they did say they wouldn't change too much. Give it a try - you'll love it! :D

Kelly, you poor thing :( I'm so sorry to hear about your anxiety being bad, it's the worst feeling isn't it? It's strange how similar you and me seem to be in relation to medical things! I had anxiety for about 4 years, and it seemed to just get better randomly about a year ago. Looking back I think it was mainly work related but also due to a few other things. Bizarrely, it was coming off my anxiety meds which revealed my ME! The tablets I'd been taking had been helping some of the symptoms without us realising, so I'm now back on the same meds but not for the anxiety lol!!

I remember just wanting peace and quiet and to be left alone - being around a lot of people seemed to make it worse. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Feel better xxx

Hi Cheeky.

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad :( it sounds like you need a well deserved rest!

It is silly the doc wanting to put you through the water test. Would it make a big difference to your life if it did happen to be that and was treated?

I know I drink and pee a lot!

PJ's and then lunch sounds perfect! Hope you've been able to relax a bit x

Oh dear - I'm sorry you've had such a bad time and that the doctor wants to run yet more tests. As if you haven't been through enough over the last year or so. I hope you're able to come to a satisfactory 'agreement' with him.

A huge well done for going in to work and doing your jobs at home before you relaxed; it must have required a massive effort.

Hopefully you're getting some rest and relaxation and will sleep better tonight. What a shame you've had to miss an evening out.

Hey guys!
Just a quick hello to say thank you for all the lovely messages. I will reply to y'all tomorrow :)

I have miraculously managed to stay on plan today. All afternoon I've wanted to eat rubbish! My Sister and her Mr had Quorn hot dogs and chips for tea so that didn't help. And then she got out a box of Maltesers! I seriously just wanted to eat and eat.
So I had one of her Maltesers and got a mini bunny and an Aldi dreamy from my chocolate stash and also had a Chewy Delight. Maybe a little over the top, but it worked and I didn't cave in to off plan eating.
The rest of my food as been SW friendly (cba writing it out :p) I've had 1.5 HexA's, both HexB's, and 11 syns. I think that's a win for today!!

Just watched 3 eps of The Walking Dead back to back. The last one left for tomorrow. Eeeek! And now I'm off to bed. I did fall asleep for a short while this afternoon while watching cartoons with the dogs - Adventure Time! But I woke up with a huge jolt and felt so panicked and anxious it was awful. Could barely breath from my heart pounding so hard!
Really hoping I can get some sleep tonight. Hope that because I know I don't have to be up for work I'll be able to relax a little more tonight. And I've done a load of chores today too. The stuff I mentioned before and I've also tidied the living room, de-cluttered the table and recycled a load of magazines and got some dog ones to take in for work, got rid of all the junk mail, tidied the kitchen up a bit and cleaned the hob (Rachelle's cooking is messy!!) and done the dishes. So I know I don't really have much to do tomorrow so can just try and relax and not rush round or worry about things.
Well, that's the plan. lets see what happens lol.

Nighty night everyone and muchos love to you all.xx

Hey guys!

Katie: I've had depression and anxiety since I was in my teens. Spent over 7 years being unable to work down to it as well. It was awful, it even got to the point where I couldn't leave the house alone. It is much better now in some ways but worse in others, especially the night anxiety stuff. But I know some of that will be fueled by the cortisol because it's natural cycle means it's higher in the evening :(

I'm now on two anti-depressants a day, 1 or 2 amitrityline for anxiety and pain (I'm allowed to go up to 3), and also the sleeping pills I take. Should be enough to knock anyone out, but they don't :( I'm really struggling with this at the moment but it doesn't really seem like there's anything anyone can actually do! Or it doesn't feel like it.

I'm glad you understand what I'm going on about anyway :)

Sophie: If I were to have diabetes insipidus I would take a pill that controls the hormone that makes you thirsty and regulates your kidneys. So I would basically stop feeling as thirsty and feeling the need to pee so much. I'm not sure if there are any "dangers" of it being untreated. It can come from two sources too, your brain or your kidneys, so depends which type I could potentially have. From what I've read my brain scans should have shown up this if it had been in my brain. But maybe they weren't actually looking for that. I dunno. It is very, very unlikely tho. This really is a rare illness! It's one that every Dr (and vet!) wants to diagnose.... But yeah, not entirely sure it would be absolutely life changing to get that diagnosis!

Patty: The Dr has ordered the test now and has asked to see me again in 4 months. But I'm only to keep that appointment if I've already had the test. If not he doesn't want to see me until it's done. So wont have a chance to come to an agreement with him. I guess I either have it done or I don't :rolleyes:

Doing the house stuff after work did take some monumental effort. And it absolutely drained me! Also hurt my wrist and my arm and my back.... Honestly, it's like I'm falling apart lol. Had to ask John to open a bottle for me last night! I'm the designated "difficult thing to open" opener in this house ;) *blush*
And then I really hurt my arms clearing the ridiculous amount of crap off the coffee table and stuff.

I know. Annoyed I missed going out with Michelle. Hopefully we'll do a cinema trip this weekend. Maybe even a double bill :)

Doing nothing today hasn't worked out. Does it ever?! Lol. I wanted to make sure everywhere was nice for mum coming home so I've hoovered the kitchen, living room, hall, and Rachelle's room. I've tidied up the hall a bit and put some stuff away. And tidied the kitchen a little. I hate clutter, I really do! But we seem to accumulate a LOT of it and no one else seems to really care. It drives me nuts :p
Anyway, it's done now and I'll go get a shower in a bit. Managed to hurt my ribs hoovering as well. Wtf?!

Rachelle has kindly made us a curry for tea. John's out with his Dad and Mum wont be home till late tonight. So she's made us a Quorn curry :D It's got veg and potatoes and stuff in, but she did use a jar of sauce. So mega syns!! And I think we have naan bread too ;)
In preparation I've just had Weetabix, banana, maple syrup, and Koko milk. And a yogurt with a little portion of red grapes and raspberries. So 1 HexB, part HexA, and 1 syn :)

Tomorrow is NOT going to be SW friendly either. It's Mum's birthday so we're going to do a little afternoon tea type lunch when me and Rachelle get back from work. And we're off out to the Brazilian place for tea as well. Bit on and off this week but hopefully the good days and meals will help.

Right, shower time. xx

Just realised my weight is back to where it was before I started gaining silly amounts!! That's exciting :D Hope it continues!! I'm really, really pleased that I have managed to lose the extra weight I gained. I kinda wish now I'd have kept better track of it, but I *think* I got over 80kg at one point? Can't really remember, but probably pretty damn close to 1st! So yeah, pretty pleased. Now, lets hope the rest comes off ;) xx

Back