Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

I now love them too the first day they were quite nice but tried again the next day with the proper number of eggs and chive cottage cheese rather than plain. So much nicer, herbs, garlic and some hea cheese on top too mmm these will become a regular occurance for sure :-D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Keep meaning to make this and have bought the ingredients twice now - but keep forgetting and they go outta date - doh!!

Kwise1 said:
Keep meaning to make this and have bought the ingredients twice now - but keep forgetting and they go outta date - doh!!

They were really good :)

ILoveCake said:
I finally got around to making cheese scones. sw stylie! They were amazing, they had a real cheese and onion pasty quality to them. The family loved them too.

300g chive and onion cottage cheese
Salt and pepper to season.
2 eggs.
100g instant mash (dried powder form)
Frylight.

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and whizz in the 2 eggs.
Stir in the instant mash powder to make a dough like consistency.
Separate into balls and flatten.
Put in an oven tray and frylight for 20 mins.
Voila!

Free on a green day. I'd encourage all green day fans to try these, it's a little gem of a recipe. It could easily be converted into a green day cheese and onion pie in an individual pot to serve with vege sausages and beans. Winter food!
These could be jazzed up with garlic, chilli or fresh herbs. It works well with plain cottage cheese and dried chives too.

These sound lovely :)

photo 2.JPG

OMG just made these for first time....nom nom nom :D
Can't believe how easy they were to make... you people are soooooooo clever ! :bighug:

Last edited:
Seacrest said:
Just found this thread - these sound amazing. Cottage cheese is, bizarrely, really hard to find out here, but I'm going to make a special effort :D

Mmmm wonder if quark would work as you blend the cottage cheese anyway.. And they are both a skimmed cheese????

Keldelacoe said:
Mmmm wonder if quark would work as you blend the cottage cheese anyway.. And they are both a skimmed cheese????

Haven't made this yet- thinking I must though!!! Wouldn't quark be thicker than cottage cheese? I've never had cottage cheese before but always though it was quite runny and lumpy???

I think it would work...may give it a go next week as I have some quark but no cc, making superfree soup so it will go well :)

Ill let u know ;)

I hate cottage cheese, but will quite happily eat, in a quiche or cheese scones & u wouldn't know it was in there!! Delish mmm

Back