Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Made these tonight to put in a stew I normally go for a second bowl of stew but way to full with the scone in there too thanks for recipe x

Made these tonight, and had spread with half my hexa Philly. Blimmin gorgeous! Have 3 left which are supposed to be for lunch on Sunday but not sure they'll last that long!

MMMMM, these are gorgeous and will be so yummy with my homemade soup this week

I wish I had seen this with the cobbler recipe before yesterday.....i synned my tiiiiiiiiiiinnnnniiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee real dumplings!!! Im sure i'd have preferred these!!! Oh well, just another excuse to make a gorgeous stew!!! Perfect for yet more rubbish weather!!!

Ahh im such a bad cook - I made these last night, was v exited as im sad like that, and I was disappointed as mine were extremely dry - i used 300g cc with chives, 2 eggs all whisked together then added the 100g smash, salt n pepper and a HE of mature cheddar grated and put them on a fry sprayed tray in oven - im wondering if if there is any liquid i could have added to ingredients to make it less dry.

Veggie Dieter said:
Ahh im such a bad cook - I made these last night, was v exited as im sad like that, and I was disappointed as mine were extremely dry - i used 300g cc with chives, 2 eggs all whisked together then added the 100g smash, salt n pepper and a HE of mature cheddar grated and put them on a fry sprayed tray in oven - im wondering if if there is any liquid i could have added to ingredients to make it less dry.

I have tweaked mine and I now add the smash half dried and half made up with water. It helps loads. X

Hey was wondering if a sweet version of these scones could be made, I'm thinking scones with sweetened quark and strawberries mmmm

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh wow. I just made some of these for brunch and they are amazing. I cut them in half and put marmite on straight from the oven so it kinda melted and soaked into the scones and they were gorgeous. I can't believe they are syn free! I had them with some fruit (I do Extra Easy so needed my 1.3 superfree!) and i am really stuffed and have 2 left - i halved the recipe as I was only making them for me.

I love this site so much, it has opened my SW world to so many possibilities! How great is it that there is a "diet" where i can have cheese and marmtie scnoes for breakfast and don't have to count anything!

This is going in my fave recipe file :):):)

These sound lush !! I have to make these soon , i think on Sunday.

I tried it , the o/h loves it but i just found it ok. I didn't put in grated cheese in them , should i have ? I found it a little smashed potato like . Just wondering if i can make it with real potato ?

Did you use the Cheese Smash? They are *cheesy* scones, so with the no cheese, they would be more like, er, Smash ;)

Haha thankyou Ermintrude , i just thought it was standard plain mash. Just wondering if Morrisons Eat Smart Cheese and Chive Cottage cheese is free ?

I have never use flavoured mash (didnt know they did it lol) although i use cheese and chive cottage cheese and add some onion granules/powder :)

I use cheesy mash, cheesy cottage cheese, add grated cheese to the mix and then sprinkle a bit of cheese on top :D

Back