Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Looks like I haven't really experienced them to their full cheesiness! I feel I need to make them tonight now with my bean and lentil paprika pot but since the husband is out I know I'd scoff the lot lol

I bought cheese smash and plain cottage cheese I thought I could just add some chives as they had no onion and chive will that work fine?? X

I use plain cott cheese,plain smash,spring onions and mixed herbs...... Delicious !!
Have also added curry powder to make curry ones obviously lol to have with curry :)

Ah thanks! Gonna make some tomorrow with SF soup :)

charl_young said:
Ah thanks! Gonna make some tomorrow with SF soup :)

Which smash is free?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
Which smash is free?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Smash buttery and original

There are some shops own that are free too. Sainsburys powdered instant pot is the one I use comes in box of 4 sachets

Oh no! Is the smash cheese one got loads of syns in?? Crap! X

These new replies are giving me cheesy scone cravings! I don't have any cottage cheese in.

These new replies are giving me cheesy scone cravings! I don't have any cottage cheese in.

I know I was just going to write the same lol, I was just thinking to myself mmmmm I have everything in and maybe a tsp of mustard added... made worse because im starving, dinner wont be ready til 9 I forgot to switch on the slow cooker lol

Keldelacoe said:
I know I was just going to write the same lol, I was just thinking to myself mmmmm I have everything in and maybe a tsp of mustard added... made worse because im starving, dinner wont be ready til 9 I forgot to switch on the slow cooker lol

I'm waiting to eat aswell. Its cruel lol.

Ooooo they're in the oven, how exciting! I'm having a super hungry day and figured making these is better than hitting up some toast! Which is pretty much all there is in the house!

Hmmm I'm not convinced they're like scones, the outside bit where it's kinda crispy but they taste like they should be bad for you, and I just demolished 3!! I ate a syn free dinner so figure it's ok! I'll still count it as 3 syns, the middle tasted kinda like cheese mash, did I do something wrong? They would be lush with soup tho or as little dumplings totally!

Hmmm I'm not convinced they're like scones, the outside bit where it's kinda crispy but they taste like they should be bad for you, and I just demolished 3!! I ate a syn free dinner so figure it's ok! I'll still count it as 3 syns, the middle tasted kinda like cheese mash, did I do something wrong? They would be lush with soup tho or as little dumplings totally!

I used some as the topping for a cobbler, fabtastic! :drool:

Mine weren't like scone more like mash put in the oven they were ok but the texture was like dry mash will have another go but I might be that I'm not a fan of smash.

I finally got around to making cheese scones. sw stylie! They were amazing, they had a real cheese and onion pasty quality to them. The family loved them too.

300g chive and onion cottage cheese
Salt and pepper to season.
2 eggs.
100g instant mash (dried powder form)
Frylight.

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and whizz in the 2 eggs.
Stir in the instant mash powder to make a dough like consistency.
Separate into balls and flatten.
Put in an oven tray and frylight for 20 mins.
Voila!

Free on a green day. I'd encourage all green day fans to try these, it's a little gem of a recipe. It could easily be converted into a green day cheese and onion pie in an individual pot to serve with vege sausages and beans. Winter food!
These could be jazzed up with garlic, chilli or fresh herbs. It works well with plain cottage cheese and dried chives too.

Thanks for posting this these are delicious!!:)

Back