Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Mine weren't like scone more like mash put in the oven they were ok but the texture was like dry mash will have another go but I might be that I'm not a fan of smash.

Hi Chantsy86, i had the same problem , i found mine abit dry and far too smash tasting like.
ILoveCake had the same problem but tweaked hers :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ILoveCake
I have tweaked mine and I now add the smash half dried and half made up with water. It helps loads. X

Then Ermintrude suggested using cheese smash, to make it reallllly cheesy which i hadn't done before. So i am going to try it maybe some time next week. If they dont turn out right i won't be put out because the o/h likes them . The first two batches are nearly all gone !!!
Good luck !

Wahoooooo made these today with cheese smash.Oh my word what a friggin difference. Thankyou Ermintrude for your suggestion. So vey lush and cheesy lol !!!!!!!!!

yoyonomore2012 said:
Hi Chantsy86, i had the same problem , i found mine abit dry and far too smash tasting like.
ILoveCake had the same problem but tweaked hers :
Originally Posted by ILoveCake http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...cones-free-green-post5079088.html#post5079088
I have tweaked mine and I now add the smash half dried and half made up with water. It helps loads. X

Then Ermintrude suggested using cheese smash, to make it reallllly cheesy which i hadn't done before. So i am going to try it maybe some time next week. If they dont turn out right i won't be put out because the o/h likes them . The first two batches are nearly all gone !!!
Good luck !

Thanks I'll try with half water then see how it goes did you add water to the cheese smash as well. X

I just love this recipe, had to come back on the thread and say how much i love this recipe lol
I had these today made with plain cottage cheese, I made half the recipe and made them into tiny little balls so I got about 8! with a big salad and a bowl of melon.
And a few days ago I made the little mini ones again and had them in a bowl of tinned spaghetti in sauce. I ate a hoooge salad and a bowl of fruit first, then ate the spahetti and 'scones' and it felt like a really naughty and unhealthy lunch! Good quick comfort food.
Thanks so much to the person who invented these they are my fave SW recipe so far!!!

5sttogo said:
are these still free on green? xxx

Yes and extra easy if you have your super free :)

Made them for tea tonight persuaded oh to take me to shops, they were amazing very yummy highly recommend them xx

I prefer to eat these cold later on in the day and then the next day, the day after and the day after that :D ...

I liked these with soup but they make me super super bloated so I've stopped making them now.

Made these for the first time. Used aldi chive and onion cottage cheese and tesco value smash. I also topped them with my HEXA of RF cheddar.

They were nice but I found them a bit dry, need to eat with something wet.

Had with beans for lunch and the rest I'm having with soup for tea

Attachments

• image-929266185.jpg
    image-929266185.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 431
Wasn't expecting these to be good but they were. Made them with cheese and chive cottage cheese first time but put a HEX A of strong cheese in now.
Only eat them as part of a meal and not as extra eating as snacks. Nice with soup and they freeze very well.

oops naughty night snacking alert- I came across this recipe at 1am and just had to make them there and then as cottage cheese had exp of 17th (my excuse).....made with mr mash, 2 eggs, plain cottage cheese, tsp onion granules and 56g parmesan cheese=HEAVENLY. Ate 2 straight away then daughters woke up and scoffed the rest, good job really :D . I think they taste like cheese and onion pasties. Thank you ILoveCake

sloane46 said:
oops naughty night snacking alert- I came across this recipe at 1am and just had to make them there and then as cottage cheese had exp of 17th (my excuse).....made with mr mash, 2 eggs, plain cottage cheese, tsp onion granules and 56g parmesan cheese=HEAVENLY. Ate 2 straight away then daughters woke up and scoffed the rest, good job really :D . I think they taste like cheese and onion pasties. Thank you ILoveCake

They are lovely. This is my comfort survival recipe for when I'm hungry and in need of something yummy.

Back