Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

My consultant says you can count it as a tweak and not syn - she handed the recipe out to us :) Basically, eat as part of a meal (i.e. as a dumpling with soup) or sparingly as a snack (her point is that if it stops you eating a cake or a packet of crisps, then that's a lot better!) and if you find you gain/maintain with no other obvious reasons then you might want to syn them or cut them out of your diet :)

My consultant says you can count it as a tweak and not syn - she handed the recipe out to us :) Basically, eat as part of a meal (i.e. as a dumpling with soup) or sparingly as a snack (her point is that if it stops you eating a cake or a packet of crisps, then that's a lot better!) and if you find you gain/maintain with no other obvious reasons then you might want to syn them or cut them out of your diet :)

My consultant raves about them too. Moderation as a snack but free as part of a meal.

Lunch cheese scones quorn sausages, spinach and tomato. Perfect comfort food.

Attachments

• image-3252699355.jpg
    image-3252699355.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 222
Mine are in the oven ...... first time making them, so lets see what happens ........ eeek !

Must get round to making these again been unwell and on a cooking strike!!
Must make some onion chutney , tomato ketchup and some home made soups and burgers my store and freezer is bare of SW friendly easy meals and treats and must get LM rosemary and red onion sausages I would then start to get my SW head back on
Had Chinese tonight !!
Will see how things go at Dr's 2morrow!!

WOW!!

Have just made and demolished these! Went for the cobbler option as husband is is having a slimming world tea tonight too (he doesn't realise he has been on a diet all week!!).

Had enough mixture for the cobbler top and some scones too - they may not see the night out though :)

Thanks again for a fab recipe:D

Made these a couple of nights ago but thought they were pretty rank to be honest! They looked the part but I could definitely taste the cottage cheese still, even though I blended it to within an inch of its life, and I really don't like cottage cheese! Much prefer the pitta pasty option.

Yum!!!! I love these! They tasted great, perhaps they were a little dense but I liked them. Any tips for getting them a little less solid? I'm definitely trying the dough balls idea.
X

OK, I've made up the dough and used about half formed into a base in a tin - I'm part baking it now and will add the SW quiche on top.... will let you know how it comes out!!

What a good idea!! I really miss quiche with a crust!!!
X

Mix smash with egg and hot water to a dough and use as pastry just omit the cottage cheese and it can be used as pastry in all sorts of pies pasties

You guys have me positively drooling! I have a whole box of smash that I was going to throw out as bf won't eat it. I am very excited about trying scones instead!!

Just spent ages looking for this

Bumping it for reference and recommending it too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

You've done it again, slimsarah. By commenting on this, as well as the lemon curd, you've brought it near the top of the list again, therefore catching my attention and reminding me I haven't made these delicious scones for ages. Thanks again!!

Kathy xx

PS I'm not stalking you, honestly!! :D

Just wondering with these, whether you could use Quark instead of cottage cheese, as I always do this with the SW quiche and it tastes so much better (the texture is better too). Have made these in the past with cottage cheese and was impressed, especially as I topped them with HEX grated mature Cheddar but just wondered about the Quark.

Kathy

Hahaha... I might try quark! I'll let you know and I'll post a pic when I do it xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back