Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

I made some today! I used plain cottage cheese, 1 grated onion and some grated cheese (HE).
25290-albums4345-picture119834.jpg

I had forgotten about the scones as well !!! Must get cooking 2day might try the quark for a change !

Hello all, I just made a batch of these and had one with my soup for lunch as an alternative to bread (I love soup but miss having a hunk of crusty white bread with it!).

It was delicious, rest are going in the freezer so i can grab one to take to work as I often take soup for lunch.

o my dayz!! Just spent the best part of thisafternoon reading the 35 pages on this thread lol

Dying to try these out...

Love the sound of using quark, and the CC as well as a base...

I LOvE these scones!!! I make a batch every 2-3 days cos they don't last long haha. I find they're great for dipping, for example in a curry or a casserole. If you haven't you need to make these! :) xxx

ok, am armed now with my cheese n onion packet mash, 107g and quark or can have cottage cheese with chives.

Just checking for actual measurements as have read several ideas on this thread...

For the 107g would you use 3 eggs?

Or is it best to stick to 88g?

I use 3 eggs a small tub of cottage cheese (or quark) and the bag of smash xxx

Thanks Fitzylou...am def going to make these tomorrow...

Just made these up, I love them! I'm doing turkey burgers tonight for tea and having had my hex with porridge this morning I thought I would make a slightly larger one as a substitute for a bun?! Not sure what it will be like haha! X

Attachments

• image-2411129411.jpg
    image-2411129411.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-115756116.jpg
    image-115756116.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 134
Mine are in the oven, inspired again by reading this thread. I've made a big veg chilli and will serve with some pasta and scones. Mr loved them last time.

These are brilliant. I made them with half a chilli and a clove of garlic in with the cottage cheese to blend it all up. I used them to go with a mexican feast of refried beans, salad and fajita turkey pieces. Thanks! XXX

These are brilliant. I made them with half a chilli and a clove of garlic in with the cottage cheese to blend it all up. I used them to go with a mexican feast of refried beans, salad and fajita turkey pieces. Thanks! XXX

Mmmmm that sounds tasty, think I'll be having this as my Friday night feast :D Thanks :D x

Back