Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Since starting SW I am still baffled over the revelation that I can eat as much potato as I want but bready things are limited. Will definitely be trying these scones out.

Wow just made batch of these! What a winner! They are delicious & so easy to make. Can't wait to have the with the lentil & bacon soup I just rustled up.

Bumping. Love these so much x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

so going to have to try thesse!

I love these, been making them for years an just tweaked them to sw friendly, for those of you who like spicy try this :
instead of the cottage cheese add a tin of tuna, 2 teaspoons of harissa paste an a handful of parsley to the recipe there lush :)

Are these free if the smash is being used as power and not being made up as mash ....

Please say yes
Please say yes
Please say yes

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Technically its a tweak as smash is only free if used as potato so they would be 16.5syns for the smash xx

Subbing to this will make on friday for my picnic on saturday

I made these for the first time a couple of weeks ago - lovely when warm.

My view of the "tweak" (using potato powder as flour) is that if I eat these as part of a meal, not as "free" snacks then I'm Ok with that. Your mileage may vary :)

Anyway - I had two left over that I wasn't going to eat in the few days after I made them so I froze them. Had them tonight with chilli and salad. They were fine after about 1 minute 30 / 1 minute 45 in the microwave.

Shall be making them again :eat:

Love these as a savoury cobbler on top of mince or beef. They soak up some of the juices/gravy, absorbing the flavours, whilst staying crisp on top. Absolutely delicious! :)

Kathy

Just had these for lunch with some HM veggie soup. So good!

Attachments

• image-4245317853.jpg
    image-4245317853.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 86
I'm going to make these today they look lush. Has anyone tried them cold? Or are they best reheated? Thanks xx

I'm going to make these today they look lush. Has anyone tried them cold? Or are they best reheated? Thanks xx

I prefer to stick them in the microwave for a minute or so - not quite as good as fresh baked, but perfectly acceptable

Back