Chest Pain??

stef2009

Gold Member
Hey everyone, well its my 5th day on weight watchers, doing it by myself till after christmas as cant get to meetings till then, and im really enjoying it :D

Just wondering, if any of you due to being overweight get chest pains?

Ive been getting the odd one for the past few months now, but today theyve been worse, its like a 1 second pain across the left side of my chest (nr the heart!) but theyve been coming and going for a few hours now, Ive booked in for the docs monday morning, But i have a big feeling its do to with my weight.... Anyone else experienced this?

Stef

No I've never heard of chest pains around the heart because of being over weight. It could be a chest infection or something like that thought. I hope its not more serious. If it gets any worse ring your emergency doc straight away. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck and glad you are enjoying the plan xxx

Thanks for replying :)
I rang nhs direct, they said being overweight and big boobs, which both applies to me can put strain on the chest area, they said i dont need immediate attention unless it gets worse, but see my doc monday to get tests! x

Another option Could be acid reflux ... I get it occasionally xxx

Or sounds silly but a strained or pulled muscle can feel like chest pain, this is a sharpe pain people often mistake it for their heart, sometimes you don't even know how you've pulled it.

Hi ladies, my doc says its muscle pain through straining, as ive been stressing alot recently, i still have it though, but i am still stressing about things at the minute so i guess thats why!
You just automatically think omg my heart when the pains in your chest, and i do know being overweight and having big boobs doesnt help your chest! So hopefully after christmas when things have calmed down i'll feel better :)

stef2009 said:
Hi ladies, my doc says its muscle pain through straining, as ive been stressing alot recently, i still have it though, but i am still stressing about things at the minute so i guess thats why!
You just automatically think omg my heart when the pains in your chest, and i do know being overweight and having big boobs doesnt help your chest! So hopefully after christmas when things have calmed down i'll feel better :)

I should be a doctor ha ha, glad your ok hun just take it easy try not to stress to much you will get there.

stef2009 said:

Just be careful tho as if you feel it does get worse .. Get a 2nd opinion =) xxxx

Thanks ladies :) Its gone alittle better now but My sons really ill now, temp hit 41 and he started fitting so had to rush him hospital, he's got tonsilitus again (5th time in 6 months!!) and his asthmas playing up now, so alittle stressed lol really hope he's better for christmas!!!! Hope u all have a lovely christmas!!

Stef x

Thankyou :)

Back