Chickadee's food diary.

Kron you look fab- love the dress, very classy- how slim are you!!!! Really pleased you won :)

I listened to the podcast last night so will see what effect it has!!

So... Listened to my mp3s before bed last night, the guy has a really relaxing voice and found myself slipping in and out of sleep. This is apparently ok as 'ears always hear' and he is speaking to your subconcious anyway!!! All sounds a bit too easy doesn't it!! Have woke up this morning and must say haven't really felt any different, very early days though and still willing to be open minded and stick with it, let's see what the rest of the day brings :)

Had a sneaky WI today and scales showing 10 st 4 lbs :)As much as I try I can never resist the call of the scales lol especially when I knew yesterday's WI was not accurate! really hoping to be back at 10st 2 for friday.... Anyways....

Food for today

Had a lie in today so no brekkie but had an early lunch!

Brunch- roll and square sausage( done in George foreman)Scrape of marg, tomato ketchup and a small empire biscuit! Bf was in charge of brunch, was yummy :)

Mid afternoon lunch- got to half 5 and realised I felt hungry and hadn't eaten since about 12 so just had two scrambled eggs with cheese and 1 slice of toast with a scrape of marg.
Banana

Dinner- chilli con carne packed with veg- courgette, red pepper, onion and passata. Using my slow cooker to make it so hopefully will be as nice as the curry :)
Served with cous cous.
Vanilla with cherry muller( delish)
Grapes

Last edited:
Dont be afraid of the slow cooker :) I got one a few weeks ago and it is by far my fave kitchen gadged! Lol. I always struggle to cook with the kids running about like headless chickens. Its so nice to bung everything in there when i get 2mins peace, and know it will be all yummy and warm whenever we sit down for tea! You shouldn't have any probs leaving it on all day hun. Thats what they are for!
I am sure you will have that 2lb off by friday, if not more!!!
That thing sounds like hypnotherapy, hope it works for you! If not i am sure you will sleep better listening to his relaxing voice :) xx

I must say I'm loving the slow cooker- my chilli turned out amazing!!! It's nice just being able to bung stuff in it and then get on with other things :) now that I've used it twice I feel more confident that I can leave it on while at work :) hmmm what to make for dinner tomorrow.....

It is a bit like hypnotherapy but he uses a technique called word weaving...! Shall see how it goes!

Ok so my 3 slimpod successes today

1. Pushed myself to do resistance wk3 even though my legs were still aching- felt much better after it!

2. Haven't snacked between meals today.

3. Im really struggling with a third.... Have drank LOTS of water today!

If I'm being completely honest I expected to wake up today and feel different in some way but I haven't. Other ppl have said that some of the effects slimpod has had for them has been to not be able to finish a full meal because they feel satisfied- I have cleared every plate of food I've had today lol I even had second helpings of my chilli because it was lovely!! I haven't snacked between meals which is one change I guess- normally I'll have some cold meat and cottage cheese but today I've only had grapes after my dinner. Small steps i guess....anyhow off to bed now so it's night 2 of slimpod for me :)

Last edited:
image-19766577.jpg

Last nights curry!

Dinner looks yummy, I dont think I am organised enough to get everything thrown in before I go to work, but heading into the winter months its going to be a great way to get some good hot food for when you get home from work.
Hope the slimpod starts kicking in, it may be already but time will tell x

I'm the same in the mornings Kron - always rushing about so I'm planning to maybe have veg all cut the night before so it is literally a case of just chucking it in the crock pot before I run out the door :) Me and my great intentions ;)

Will stick with the slimpod - listened to him for 5 minutes last night before crashing out lol So If nothing else at least he sends me to sleep :)

Who do you think will leave X Factor tongiht? I'm thinking Sammi or Frankie!

weight today - 10st 4 lbs

brekkie - porridge with strawberries

lunch - baked potato with chilli and salad.
Chomp.

Dinner- ended up having yesterday's leftover chilli in a tortilla wrap with some lf Mayo, grated cheese and salad. Lovely :)
Muller light
Grapes

Slimpod- again today, no snacking between meals. Went to shop as bf wanted to get some bacon and I fancied some chocolate. Instead of having a snicker I opted for a chomp and felt really satisfied after it :) ok so I'm still craving chocolate but maybe the slimpod is having some small effect on my choices?!

Daily successes
1. No snacking between meals (again)
2. Making better choices( choosing chomp over snicker)
3. Feeling really full and satisfied after eating :)

Night 3 of slimpod tonight, let's see if I can last longer than 5 minutes!!

Last edited:
Was nodding off thru x factor lol i was hoping for a bit more rock in the performances, being an old rock chick at heart :) I like they add their own style, but found most performances changed the songs too much, might have stayed awake if they had been truly rocking. havent got a fav yet, but did enjoy the judges bickering over some of the song choices, think the girl group was let down with their song. Johnny is great, love his come backs, and Misha sounds a bit of a diva back stage. The Risk didnt do Crazy justice, love that song. Frankies going to have to watch himself, I know he is young and I dont keep up with the news, but he seems to be acting a bit too large. Kitty could be an interesting character, wasnt struck with her at first, but she does perfom well. I watch USA x factor and they seem to have a lot more talent

I completely agree with everything you have just said kron!! I think misha prob gave the best performance but the diva stuff puts me off a bit. Although could be a good tactic by tulisa and luis to turn voters against her :) luis Walsh has got to be one of the most annoying people on the planet lol was funny to see them arguing though :)

Thanks for advice regarding the hrm- I think I will put it round my top strap next time as dont have many trousers with pockets that I can work out in :)

When I left home at 18 the first thing my munitions bought me was a slow cooker - I love it and use it all the time.

I normally make it the night before, leave it overnight cooking and then just heat it up when I get in from work.

LOL munitions :) I typed about my bf going to ikea the other day and it autocorrected as Ukraine LOL

Yeah might be an idea doing it the night before too :)

I go back to work tomorrow after a week off and I'm dreading it!!!!

Oh yum yum- hope it's good :) I gave mine a rest today, had plenty of chilli left over from yesterday to use up!!even have some in the freezer! I haven't prepared any veg or anything to slow cook tomorrow while at work, think it'll be a pasta dish tomorrow and will cook Tuesday's dinner tomorrow night whilst getting my beauty sleep :)

Ps. I love when you can smell the food wafting through the house!!! enjoy :)

Food for today

brekkie - banana

Lunch -quarter slice of yucky cheese pizza - my own fault, was not organised for lunch and canteen at work had no sandwiches which left pizza as the only option.
apple
3 chocolate Eclair sweets :eek:

snack after work - 'Eat Natural' bar.

Dinner - I had some pasta( the filled kind) with a tomato based sauce and a quarter of yummy vegetable thin crusty pizza( much better than yucky lunch one!)
vanilla and orange muller light

slimpod successes
1. Not letting work stress me out.
2. Choosing an Eat Natural bar from the petrol station rather than a snicker!
3. Doing week 3 cardio on a MONDAY night :)

Night 4 of Slimpod tonight.

Very good successes today :) how was the Natural bar are they granola type?

All good stuff! Totally want ravioli or something like that after reading your dinner :D

Kron- Not really granola just lots of different nuts- quite nice!had to laugh as the pack said 'may contain traces of nuts'- really?!! Nuts are quite fatty aren't they but I think it's the good type of fat( or hope!!) better than a snicker anyway!! prob the same calories- checked the pack but no mention of them!!

Joanne - haven't had filled pasta for ages- really hit the spot- carb overload tonight :) Got your mojo back?!

food for today

brekkie - porridge with maple syrup and a tiny bit of milk( nice little pots i bought from tesco so can take to work!)

snack - apple

lunch - tuna mayo sandwiches, highland broth soup.

Dinner - chicken breast seasoned with lemon, paprika and black pepper. cous cous and large salad.

confession - I had FOUR Freddo bars today - yes FOUR. Bought multipacks for school Halloween party and there were extras so I intended to have one but alas....95 cals each! Making a big batch of veg soup tonight and having that for lunch for rest of week to try and do some damage limitation!!

So much for the bl*&y Slimpod :eek:

Back