Chicken and Chorizo Paella

I know it may sound daft, but is this the same as a risotto? So can I use risotto rice? Isn't paella just like a seafood risotto? Thanks xx

I know it may sound daft, but is this the same as a risotto? So can I use risotto rice? Isn't paella just like a seafood risotto? Thanks xx

To be honest, I wouldn't have clue, as I haven't made a risotto, but I know it uses a different type of rice, and I would say that a risotto is wetter.

ginlin said:
I have a packet of Spanish paella rice and one of Arborrio rice (not used), and both of them look like medium sized grains, so could probably be substituted for each other.

Ok brill thanks x

Paella rice doesn't get as gloopy as risotto rice but as long as you don't stir it too much it shouldn't make much difference using risotto rice in paella.

Think I will make some Sangria to go with this paella for this evening!

So, despite the rain, we can pretend it is summertime!

Hi Ginlin.
Your Paella looks great!
I've made paella several times and as you have said, you should use the paella rice and DONT stir & wait until the liquid has evaporated.
Here's mine, recipe via link....
Paella (Small).JPGPaella-4 (Small).JPG

This will be a winner for me and my fiancé as we both love chorizo and risotto dishes!

We make bacon and mushroom risotto:

Spray a pan with fry light and get it hot.
Add 1diced onion, 2crushed garlic, chopped bacon and mushrooms.
Fry until onions and mushrooms start to soften and bacon is cooked, but turn it down if it's starting to colour.
Add more fry light and about 75g risotto rice per person.
Stir in half a pint of chicken stock at a time. Allowing it to be absorbed before adding more ( you will need about 2 pints per person depending if you like a wet or dry risotto also for a rich flavour I use 2 chicken stock cubes/ stock pots)
It will be done when the rice is fully puffed out and soft like rice pudding.
Flavour with salt and pepper.

This is free as far as I know but if you want to use syns add some white wine or Parmesan.
It's great with green beans and peas!
Enjoy!

This will be a winner for me and my fiancé as we both love chorizo and risotto dishes!

We make bacon and mushroom risotto:

Spray a pan with fry light and get it hot.
Add 1diced onion, 2crushed garlic, chopped bacon and mushrooms.
Fry until onions and mushrooms start to soften and bacon is cooked, but turn it down if it's starting to colour.
Add more fry light and about 75g risotto rice per person.
Stir in half a pint of chicken stock at a time. Allowing it to be absorbed before adding more ( you will need about 2 pints per person depending if you like a wet or dry risotto also for a rich flavour I use 2 chicken stock cubes/ stock pots)
It will be done when the rice is fully puffed out and soft like rice pudding.
Flavour with salt and pepper.

This is free as far as I know but if you want to use syns add some white wine or Parmesan.
It's great with green beans and peas!
Enjoy!

Thank you, and I will definately be giving the risotto a go!

Back