1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Chicken cacciatore

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by sarah83, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Made this last night while entertaining-would never have guessed if was SW! It made 6 portions but would prob serve 4 if you were really hungry!

It's adapted from a recipe in Jamie's Italy book

1.5kg skinned chicken thighs
    1 clove crushed garlic
    250ml red wine (8 syns)
    2 sprigs Rosemary
    1 sliced leek
    2 cloves sliced garlic
    700ml passatta (or you could use 2 tins of toms)

Marinate the chicken with the wine, crushed garlic and Rosemary for as long as you can. I left it for 2 hours.

Remove the chicken, reserving the marinade. Brown the chicken off in some frylight.

Fry the leek and garlic for a few mins then add to a casserole dish along with the chicken, marinade and passatta.

Cook at gas 4 for 1.5hrs.

I then returned to the hob to reduce the sauce, check for seasoning.

I served with potatoes, parsnips and carrots roasted with my hexb of olive oil, Rosemary and garlic, and between 6 it worked out at 1.5syns a portion
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.