Chicken Doner Kebab

Josiecat

Silver Member
I love chicken donners from kebab shops and found and tried this recipe which is pretty tasty and good. It isn't quite the same as the kebab shop version-if anyone has a recipe for this please post! But this one is very tasty.

Ingredients (enough for one pitta)

1 chicken breast
Juice of Half a lemon
1-2 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Paprika
1-2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp Oregano or herbs (optional)
salt and pepper
Chilli (optional)

Finely cut up the chicken breast, scissors work well to produce thin slithers of breast. Mix the lemon juice and all other ingredients with the chicken.
You can leave this to marinate for a few hours or use straight away.
Fry in frylight until cooked.
Add to pitta with salad, garlic sauce, chilli, coleslaw etc. (on the doner kebab thread there are the recipes for garlic sauce and coleslaw).

I use the Schwartz ( I think) chargrilled chicken. Just sprinkle on, leave for a bit then stir fry. It's the closest I've found x

I found a recipe but it uses chicken mince and this doesn't seem to be available in supermarkets. Guess I could ask the butcher to mince some...

My local Asda have a Halal counter and they sell chicken mince and someone told me that big tescos sell it too

Thanks Huffpott, I'll have a look in the big Tesco next time I'm around that way.

Our local Asda doesn't have a halal counter as we just don't have the Asian population for there to be a demand for it in my area of cornwall.

Hopefully I can get hold of some as I'd like to try making doner meat with it. I heard a lot of counties use chicken mince but we don't seem to.

Just made this... THANK YOU!
It was delicious, lots of salad and a cheeky dash of extra light Mayo yumm!

I found a recipe but it uses chicken mince and this doesn't seem to be available in supermarkets. Guess I could ask the butcher to mince some...

I have seen turkey mince in most supermarkets - maybe you could substitute that

Back