Chicken in creamy pesto sauce

PickyNic

Skinny on the inside
Creamy Pesto chicken - 6 discovery points per serving(serves 4)

Ingredients
Method
  • Heat the oil in a deep, non stick frying pan. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
  • Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften. Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and crème fraîche until it makes a sauce. Scatter with a few basil leaves, then serve. I had it with rice and broccoli.

Attachments

• pesto chicken.jpg
    pesto chicken.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,464
Looks and sounds gorgeous!

This sounds very nice. I have copied it and will convert to pp. Thank you!!

Sounds yummy. I admit that I am a pesto virgin. Can you use any kind of pesto? Do different kinds have different points?

Going to make this tomorrow, what does pesto look like? Never had it before I's there a certain make i should look for?

Like green sludge :p It's oil and basil with nuts blended. Or you can get a red one that I think is tomato. The pesto I have is this one: Sacla Italia Pesto Verde (225g) in ASDA | mySupermarket

but it is high in propoints (29 for the whole jar! the lowest daily amount), guessing it would be high in points too :cry:

Omgggggggg!!!!!!
Made this tonight with the sun dried Tom pesto, and added a handful of chestnut mushrooms
It was abs gorgeous! Thanks for the recipe x x x

Back