chicken kebab marinade?

ColJack

Gold Member
I like chicken kebab meat from the chip shop but since it's 6.5 syns for a large portion ( EE ), I'd like to make some at home.
Does anyone know what they marinate the chicken breast in? the "plain" kebabs I mean, not the red tandoori ones..

tomato you could use tomato puree chilli and garlic i only know this cause i went to one other day with my oh and asked whilst he was buying some thing for himself i was good tho not get anything boo, cause i love them too :)

I presume you mean chicken sheesh kebabs?

I would think it is probably a mixture of garlic, cumin, juice of a lemon and some herbs or something similar to that, as the marinade is normally quite light. There is probably oil involved too, but you can just use some frylight

Last edited:
i use fresh garlic, turmirc, lemon and lime jucie and leave it for a few hours to maranide, sorry bout speling i then cook this on my george foreman grill

Last edited:
don't have turmirc, but I do have cumin..
might give it a whirl later and marinate overnight..
cut into strips / chunks first or leave as whole breast and slice after?

Coljack, how did you make out? Did they taste like the takeaway? My daughter loves those so I might give it a try

never did it..
I looked for turmuric in morrisons today.. none there.. both the "own" version and the branded were sold out..

ok, got some turmeric earlier, marinated in a bag as above for a few hours and is on the skewers in the oven as I type..

i made this for tea today as well but i just cooked it in the oven at 220 it was nice i had it with sw chips and rocket salad. i made some of my nans secret sauce to dip it was good.

my nans secret sauce is the worst kept secret she ever had
its just salad cream with a blob of tom puree in

Xx

LOL Cathiec, glad they were okay. How about yours Coljack? Think I might give them a try

it's nice, but not the "plain" type.. it's more the yellow / orange type ( we get 3 kinds round here, plain, red and yellow.. )

mine was a little dry but that's because I did it in the oven and left it in a bit long I think.. might be better under a grill or on a george..

Back