Chicken noodle soup!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Honeyoc, 22 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
    Free on EE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leftover roast chicken carcass
    3 celery stalks
    2 large carrots
    2 onions
    2 cloves garlic
    Fresh rosemary
    Fresh thyme
    2 bay leaves
    6 black peppercorns
    Chicken stock cube
    Salt & pepper to taste
    1/2tsp sugar
    Juice of 1/2 a lemon
    Small amount of broken up pasta (I used spaghettini)

To make the stock, pick whatever bits of chicken from the roast chicken carcass and set aside to add to the soup at the end.

Roughly chop the garlic, 2 celery stalks, 1 onion and 1 carrot. Put the chicken bones in a pot and top with 1.5 litres of water, add the stock cube, veggies and herbs and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for an hour. Drain and reserve the stock. I made mine with SW roasted chicken and I took all the skin off before boiling so there was hardly any fat on the surface but if there is skim it off or refrigerate so the fat solidifies and you can scoop it out.

For the soup finely chop the remaining onion, peel and slice the carrot, and slice the celery. In a clean pot sauté the veggies in oil spray until softened, season with salt and pepper, add the stock and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Add the pasta and chicken and cook for another 5 mins or until the pasta is just cooked.

Serve with fresh chopped parsley and coriander if you like! I think I’ll do this every time I make a roast chicken!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jo*

Jo* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(20.13%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.