Children disrupting group!

Well I work with children day in, day out. I don't want to see the little blighters outside in my sw meetings, sorry folks. :eek:
Same here. A slimming club is not a place for children, unless they are members themselves.

How wonderfully judgmental of you.

I don't know whether it is or not- but surely if you are there to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight you would want to do the same for your kids.

They should not be fed with sugary, fatty stuff- that's how I got fat in the first place- I sure as hell wouldn't feed the to my kids!

Food should not be a way to keep kids quiet- that is partly why the play up! Food is food- not a treat, not a way to shut them up- it's there to curb hunger- not boredom!

So none of you eat anything remotely treat-ish?

My daughter eats crisps, chocolate, sweet, fruit, veg, protein - all part of a heathy diet. I certainly don't want to project my issues with food on to her.

I chose a group around having to take her, so people know and expect children to be there, there are plenty of other classes in the evening which will be lovely and peaceful for you all.

Yes my daughter is good. Sometimes she is noisy and I ssshhhh her. Maybe I AM missing the point but I'm sick and tired of being told where I can and can't go with her. And now what I should or shouldn't be treating her with!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I totally agree with the original poster on this one.

Reading through this thread has amazed me how argumentative people are being though. Each to their own I guess but I can totally understand why vanilla cupcake is annoyed. I would be too x

So none of you eat anything remotely treat-ish?

My daughter eats crisps, chocolate, sweet, fruit, veg, protein - all part of a heathy diet. I certainly don't want to project my issues with food on to her.

I chose a group around having to take her, so people know and expect children to be there, there are plenty of other classes in the evening which will be lovely and peaceful for you all.

Yes my daughter is good. Sometimes she is noisy and I ssshhhh her. Maybe I AM missing the point but I'm sick and tired of being told where I can and can't go with her. And now what I should or shouldn't be treating her with!!

Flip me, someone needs a wee chill pill! :eek:

So you don't eat cereal bars or have cereal or any chocolate or any other food that is 'bad' for you.When my kids were small I fed them crisps,chocolate bars to keep them quite and they haven't turned out fat.
A lot of being fat is not all to do with what food you eat.Food is fuel for our bodies.It is how you use that fuel.

And as for kids going to the Slimming classes.Parents should be more responsible and if there child plays up remove them from the class.simples.:)

of course i do- as long as it's part of a healthy diet it's fine

but if you're doing it just to shut your kid up- with the lines "shhh- here have a rocky road bar- or 3" or "if you don't behave you won't get any chocolate" THAT is were i have the issue. it's encouraging the kids to treat fatty food as something you get as a sign of being well behaved when in my opinion that's wrong

but do what you want with your kids- if they are misbehaved then discipline them- rather than just let them get on with it. If your kid is well behaved, then there is absolutely no issue

by the way- that was just a general statement and not aimed at ANYONE in this thread

I know, can't say anything on here without someone getting offended! You'd think my post was directed at them personally! :rolleyes:

Just sit back, get out the popcorn (low syn of course) and enjoy watching the debate lol ;)

of course i do- as long as it's part of a healthy diet it's fine

but if you're doing it just to shut your kid up- with the lines "shhh- here have a rocky road bar- or 3" or "if you don't behave you won't get any chocolate" THAT is were i have the issue. it's encouraging the kids to treat fatty food as something you get as a sign of being well behaved when in my opinion that's wrong

but do what you want with your kids- if they are misbehaved then discipline them- rather than just let them get on with it. If your kid is well behaved, then there is absolutely no issue

by the way- that was just a general statement and not aimed at ANYONE in this thread

Couldn't agree more!

Agree with fluttery and vanilla cupcake.

I guess it may be a case of if the cap fits - wear it!

People choose the group they go to because the times suit them. Morning groups are not solely for people with kids who have to take them along with them

Do it from home save your money and use minimims for support but not this thread cos if I was a mum taking a toddler or baby to group n read this I'd be reaching right out for the more to share maltesers. :)

I don't understand why people are getting aerated about this thread. Unless they have unruly children who disrupt group. And I certainly don't understand why people with kids would be reaching for the chocolates after reading this thread..

I think the key is everyone having respect for everyone else. People who don't have kids at group tolerating and even enjoying kids at group and taking the occasional noise and running around on the chin. But also the people with the kids respecting everyone's journey and feelings, after all lush g weight is very emotive and some people find it difficult enough speaking in group to get the support they need without having to raise their voice above an unruly uncontrolled child.

Just saying x

I don't take my son to class but can understand why ppl get anxious reading the criticism everyone wants same goal and no one should be made to feel excluded

I don't understand why people are getting aerated about this thread. Unless they have unruly children who disrupt group. And I certainly don't understand why people with kids would be reaching for the chocolates after reading this thread..

I think the key is everyone having respect for everyone else. People who don't have kids at group tolerating and even enjoying kids at group and taking the occasional noise and running around on the chin. But also the people with the kids respecting everyone's journey and feelings, after all lush g weight is very emotive and some people find it difficult enough speaking in group to get the support they need without having to raise their voice above an unruly uncontrolled child.

Just saying x

Exactly how I feel, if your children are well behaved then you've nothing to worry about and I don't see how this thread would make anyone reach for the chocolates that's just over reacting! Hopefully this thread will make people control their children at group if they don't already do so! :)

willfitskinnyjeans said:
I don't take my son to class but can understand why ppl get anxious reading the criticism everyone wants same goal and no one should be made to feel excluded

I first joined SW when my son was 6 months and my daughter 2, I had to take them both as have no family nearby, I left after a few weeks as it was impossible keeping a baby and a toddler quiet for 1.5hours and I felt like I was irritating others ( like the original poster I expect) and often ended up having to leave early because of it and when trying to get out my double buggy etc felt I was a nuisance... I then gained another 2stone before I found another group, lol

It was a jest cupcake, I was just highlighting that some of the comments not yours as your talking about unruly children but others saying no kids at all is harsh on ppl that are just trying to loose weight for themselves n there families. I think it's hard because no child is perfect and some ppl try there best others don't :)

It was a jest cupcake, I was just highlighting that some of the comments not yours as your talking about unruly children but others saying no kids at all is harsh on ppl that are just trying to loose weight for themselves n there families. I think it's hard because no child is perfect and some ppl try there best others don't :)

Yeah it's the ones that don't discipline their children that annoy me, like I've said before sometimes I've had to take my own children but the second they've got bored or started to play up I've got up and left out of respect for everyone else at group but that's just me ;)

Back