china is starting cruise

Going to see Rocky Horror show tonight! have made mini burgers & ginger ,garlic chicken wings as snacks. Saying no to the Malteasers & wine :)

It's astounding!!! :D

My favourite and Collette's a fan too, 'eh Coll?

Enjoy China! Are you dressing up?

P x

Im well jell xxx great Dukan snacks and hope youve had a fab time

Had a great time, wasn't brave enough to dress up! The people who did were amazing! especially the men who braved the cold in their stockings & basques! Didn't stop laughing!Confessing to 2 vodka & diet cokes. On Wed I always stay with son & DIL. Next week we are planning to go to the Dolly Parton musical, 2013 will be the year that I go out & do more outings.
Just put a huge turkey thigh in the slow cooker. The drumstick wouldn't fit so have sprinkled it with Piri piri seasoning, wrapped in foil & bunged in oven. I always cook when I'm here & kids wil do BNS with the slow roast thigh for their dinner. DIL is dukaning also ( but she is at TW already)
Todays food
B-poached eggs & yoghurt
L- piri piri turkey
D-??
Snacks- eggs & yoghurt

weighed in -1lb at least it's heading in the right direction

Woo hoo it's the weekend.
Went to gym for first time since it snowed. I'm so unfit now, things I could do easily before Christmas were really hard. Well I suppose no pain no gain is the mantra here!

Another lb of China xxx wat to go girl :D

Morning ladies!
Its lovely & sunny but freezing here!
Have togo to dinner at the chinese tonight. Every time that I get into the swing of things, an outing or something pops up & things go a little pear shaped. Hopefully won't go too far off track, in my mind I know what I will have, ie. chicken & veg clear soup, special foo yung, chinese greens & scrape the batter off the squid! Whilst I would be v happy staying home eating my chicken dinner, I realise that life won't hang about for me to lose weight & I will have to manage to do both at the same time! Wow! quite a deep thought from me. The weeks supply of yoghurt is "yoghurting" in the slow cooker. I've been to Aldi & stocked up with oatbran & eggs & BNS. BNS is one of the super six this week & 49p each.
Todays food
B-dukan bread & egg
L-smoked haddock & poached eggs
D- chinese meal out?????

Drawing a mini line
----------------------
New week, new start (yet again)
Yoghurt turned out really well, glad that I'me getting the hang of it.
Gosh, it's cold & I'm living with a heating nazi! 3pm is switch on time!
B-dukan bread & egg
L-tinned salmon
D- BNS chips, & ?
snacks
boiled eggs, yoghurt & jelly.

Gym done, feeling good but stiffening up rapidly
B-dukan bread & egg
L-homemade burgers
D- roast chicken & cabbage, Weird combination I know!
Snacks-jelly & yoghurt, boiled eggs

sneaky red wine, Oh such a bad girl, forgive me for I have sinned & enjoyed it!

Better to sin and enjoy it, than sin and not enjoy it!

Dr D's on the blower and he says you are pardoned, China ;)

P x

Thank you P, was worried that I might be facing the firing squad this morning!
Yes it was enjoyed. As much as I want to be thinner, I also want to be social at the same time. pre Xmas it was so much easier, the straight & narrow seems so much harder at the moment. I'm blaming the cold weather for it all. Well thats my reason for mot jumping out of bed & going to the gym in the dark,cold mornings.

Good dukan day so far
B-dukan bread & egg
L-2 boiled eggs, yoghurt & 1 spoon green vibrance ( a vitamin supplement that my sister gave me. It's dark green powder & looks disgusting but supposed to be good for you!!(
D- will be leftover chicken & shirataki noodle stir fry)
snacks- yoghurt & jelly

Note to self- must stop eating jelly in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to stay at son & DIL's today. Doing a major cookathon there. They look forward to Wed when "mummy cooks" Planning on doing chicken tikka masala, garlic cauliflower rice, old school texas chilli (all recipes that i found on here) & sticky chinese chicken wings, might make some thai chicken soup also. The "kids" love the fact that their fridge will have enough food in it for the next few days & all they have to do is heat it up. When I was their age, my MIL also used to spend 1 night a week with us & always arrived with a goody bag of treats & I really apprecciated it. Trying to carry on that nice thought. MY son has always cooked & is very good at it. DIL used to be a really fussy eater(steak,chicken fillets & potatoes were her main foods!!) but now has become so much more adventurous & now cooks also. OH doesn't like garlic or spicy food so on WedsI can cook whatever I want. It's heaven.
Now that my nest is empty I miss having a hoard of young people who are always hungry. I love cooking & baking but now there's only OH or me at home to eat the stuff!!!!
Happy Wednesday!!!

wow this thread is such a good motivator!

I wonder, could i trouble you for your home made yogurt recipe as it sounds delish!

Keep up the good work, hopefully your will power will rub off on me :)

Hi Loopy
I found my recipe from this thread
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/233104-easy-homemade-slow-cooker-yoghurt-updated.html
What I do is heat 4pts milk in the slow cooker on low for 3 hours, then switch off & leave to cool for 2-3 hours. It should be cool enough to dip your finger in it comfortably. Then add 2-3 tablespoons milk powder & the same amount of yoghurt. For the first batch I used Yeo vally natural probiotic yoghurt. It's important that the starter yoghurt has live cultures in it. Then leave for 8-10 hours. I leave it overnight. Wrap the slowcooker in a towel to keep the heat in. My Mum made my a sort of teacosy thing to do this job! some people strain the yoghurt when it's made but I don't.
Good luck with it!

Had a lovely day yesterday. All my dukan dishes turned out really well, kids are v happy to have a fridge full of healthy cooked food, all they need to do today is heat it up. They have bought the Insanity workout that laura & others talk about on her,so going to give it a go. Think it might be too lively for me! I'm no spring chicken & have aching joints.
Off to the gym in a min for a swim, trying to do a little bit of exercise everyday. Don't fell up to dipping my toe into Insanity yet, maybe next week.
Todays food plan
B- mix of leftovers from last night
L-dukan bread & egg
D-?
Happy dukaning,weight in later, hope its a inus instead of a plus

Ha ha meant to type minus, but thats the trouble with not wearing my glasses!

Woo Hoo, Yes it is a minus -1lb. Wish it was more but a lb off is still heading in the right direction. I've given up getting on the scales more than 1 or 2 times a week, some days they can read +5 & then the next go back to what they were before but in the meantime they've given me panic attacks :)

Been bad but it was so good!

Back