china is starting cruise

Hi hun, sorry for highjaking your diary! I've noticed you made Dukan bread. Do you use wheatbran? If so, where do you buy it? I had a quick look in Tesco yesterday and couldn't find it.
Thanks xx
No prob
I use 2 tablespoons of oat bran & 1 tablespoon of wheat bran, half teasp of baking powder, 2 eggs & 2 dollops of yoghurt. I buy the oat bran and wheat bran from Holland & Barrat. Sainsburys also stock them.
You've had amazing losses, well done.

Don't give up China, look at your intake . Hows the salt and are you having hidden sugars. Chin up xxx
Prob too much soya sauce & salt, now that I look at it. I have quite a lot of sweetener so might have to knock that on the head & see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for input Sid

Thank you - wish I was as close to target as you lol! xx

Great news ... I'll head to H&B on tuesday. Thanks xx

Julie H&B deliver to. and do a small selection of Dukan products to. Free delivery over £20 I think. Wheat bran never has a long date on it but its ok to use even when out of date xxx

Bought the 3 for £10 meat deal from m&S. I can have the chicken thighs & some of the beer can chicken minus the skin. The pork ribs look amazing but I'm staying strong & not having them. I nearly caved in and bought the £10 meal deal & stayed in front of the chiller cabinet for ages ( people must have thought I was mad) but willpower won & got the meat instead.

Well done!!!!My fridge is full of Tesco meat that's 3 for £10. I'm lucky that there is a H&B near me in Chelmsford so I'm heading there today (as well as popping into Tesco to try and nab some bank holiday reductions to stock my freezer up) HA .... I'm gonna be one of THOSE shoppers today. This is what happens when my fiance works and my son is out with his dad. BORED lol

LOL- sounds exactly like my day at waitrose! I was thinking how different it was to shopping with my OH which is always so speedy (but boring!)

LOL- sounds exactly like my day at waitrose! I was thinking how different it was to shopping with my OH which is always so speedy (but boring!)
I know what you mean. It's quite funny really, I know exactly what meat & fish is allowed on dukan but I spend ages reading labels & looking at stuff then usually buying chicken,chicken & more chicken.
Tomorrow I am trying out a recipe I found on the dukan site. It's supposed to be like a paella? using shiritaki noodles. M&S have a very nice seafood mix in the freezer section (2 packs for £10, pricey but goes a long way)
Fideuà

Today my back is still playing up so no gym for me. I'm dosed up to the eyeballs with a concoction of drugs that Gregory House would be happy with!!!!!!:) Hoping for improvement tomorrow. Child is treating me & his wife to a massage tomorrow. (looking forward to that)

my yoghurt jelly/mousse turned out lovely. I'm going to make it tomorrow when I'm at the childs but do it in nice glasses & decorate it with a layer of yoghurt & goji berries for our pudding.
xx

I tried some shirataki noodles this weekend with spicy tuna and tomato sauce - very successful, so now I have to hunt down some more supplies. I think I got this pack on ocado? But I'm hoping to pop into the Asian supermarkets tomorrow because i think it's cheaper. Do you order yours online?

I tried some shirataki noodles this weekend with spicy tuna and tomato sauce - very successful, so now I have to hunt down some more supplies. I think I got this pack on ocado? But I'm hoping to pop into the Asian supermarkets tomorrow because i think it's cheaper. Do you order yours online?

I buy mine at the chinese supermarket, Hoo Hing or Wing Yip sell them. they're much cheaper, 99p per pack.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pop out during lunch today. Luckily I work very close to china town!

IMG_1321.jpgThis is the shiritaki noodle and seafood paella like dinner that I made last night.

I'm drooling over my keyboard :)

I am going to try that paella - looks fantastic! I bought the zero rice yesterday but haven't tried it yet:the garlic tofu rice sounds like a winner!

Thanks both for the delicious ideas.

I'm drooling over my keyboard :)

I am going to try that paella - looks fantastic! I bought the zero rice yesterday but haven't tried it yet:the garlic tofu rice sounds like a winner!

Thanks both for the delicious ideas.

thank you
This is the recipe that I adapted
Fideuà

instead of the dukan paella flavouring, I used a packet of spigol paella seasoning that i'd bought in France ages ago but you could use a mix of smoked paprika,tumeric & garlic instead of having to buythe dukan bottle of flavouring. I don't really like to use the artifical flavourings that they sell.

That looks gorgeous!!!!!!! I love reading your menus. Please post the recipe:D Have you tried the zero carb rice? Is it nice? I am giving it a go tonight with chilli and garlic tofu, but if you've got any better ideas please let me know.
That sounds like a good combination.
Fideuà
Thats the recipe but I adapted it slightly

For lunch I made an old favourite that I had forgotton about- P's yuk sing recipe. It was delish, even the grown up kids loved it!
Was slightly naughty, I discovered wheyhey ice-cream
Wheyhey Ice Cream
high in protein & not toooo bad in carbs & fat. I told myself that it was better than eating Ben & Jerrys. So prob no loss this week

Thanks for the recipes china! Can't wait to try. The whey hey ice cream doesn't look too bad. Better than the real stuff! I went through the ice cream recipe book tonight - the one that came with the machine - and they also have a few dairy free options. Not sure I'll be brave enough for tofu ice cream, but lets see :) hope you manage to lose this week!

I actually really like tofu ice cream - you should give it a try :) I may try the wheyhey in a few months (might be a cruise treat cheat over the holidays that won't hurt so much) but I've promised myself to be pure until I make it to my first mini-goal <under 200 lbs> :)

Well - wheyhey isn't available in the US, but I found a few recipes for making whey ice cream that sound Dukan friendly, not even a cheat :) Will try them out and share if tasty!

Last edited:
135lbs this morning :)

Back