china is starting cruise

Slightly off plan yesterday, so treated it like a gala day. 1 piece of bread & butter, ordered prawns but they came in a buttery sauce. I took them out off the sauce & tried to mop off as much of the sauce as I could. Then the main of grilled scallops had yet more sauce under them. I gave up at that point & had 4 chips as well. On the whole not too disasterous but treating it as a step into the undukan world!!!!!! Luckily I still avoided the alcohol.
will try & do a PP today, but have just defrosted a huge joint of pork! Not dukan I know, it's been sitting in the freezer since before I got on the dukan wagon & needs using up. I'll cook it & trim off all the visible fat from my portion.

They scales lid the other day & weight this morning is still 136lbs.

Roast pork dinner! & 2 glasses of wine!
lovely but had a gala last night, so now 1 week ahead of myself in the gala department.

Yummmm! I'm having roast pork for lunch. OH is planning on making pork crackling which I will be removing disapprovingly from my own slice. Lucky sod! :)

I'm sure you can make up for the indiscretions next week, china. 2 glasses are not too bad! And it looks like there were quite a few of us having a merry Saturday night!

Very merry lol xxx

back to the wagon today.
Went out for dinner last night & our usual waiter commented that if I don't start drinking back & practise before the hol, I'll have no restistance on day 1!!! What to do? Go for the bigger weight loss & be a wimp at the bar or less weight loss & have smaller hangovers?
Food plan today
B- dukan bread, scrambled eggs & salmon
L-shiritake noodles, prawns & veg
D-salmon & salad

back to the wagon today.
Went out for dinner last night & our usual waiter commented that if I don't start drinking back & practise before the hol, I'll have no restistance on day 1!!! What to do? Go for the bigger weight loss & be a wimp at the bar or less weight loss & have smaller hangovers?

Go for the bigger weight loss and spend WAY less on drinks than anyone else! :)

btw, i think it's more than being 'out of practice': i'm sure i read somewhere that ketosis and the high protein / low carb consumption affects the way we burn alcohol, giving us a bigger hangover than normal. so even if you start drinking more now, i don't think it will help: just give you more hangovers!

btw, i think it's more than being 'out of practice': i'm sure i read somewhere that ketosis and the high protein / low carb consumption affects the way we burn alcohol, giving us a bigger hangover than normal. so even if you start drinking more now, i don't think it will help: just give you more hangovers!
Thanks Dukanista
I'm going to try & keep to the high protein/low carb diet whila away to limit the damage but am really looking forward to a few cocktails. I've been looking on the internet & found a few that are lower in fruit juice & sugars. (negroni, cosmopolitians & martinis)

Felt really tired this morning. The guy in the gym says it's because of not eating enough carbs. Don't know if thats a fact or not.

If you're going to be working out really hard, then you might want to jump on the consolidation phase and add in breads. But, if you're just getting in a daily workout but are still tired, make sure to drink PLENTY of water - probably more than 2 liters - and eat more of your proteins. Body builders actually eat a TON of protein so that their fat will be eaten away and their muscles will show more. Not that you're a body builder. I find that if I don't drink enough water, I'm tired before, during, and after a workout too.
Keep up the great work!

If you're going to be working out really hard, then you might want to jump on the consolidation phase and add in breads. But, if you're just getting in a daily workout but are still tired, make sure to drink PLENTY of water - probably more than 2 liters - and eat more of your proteins. Body builders actually eat a TON of protein so that their fat will be eaten away and their muscles will show more. Not that you're a body builder. I find that if I don't drink enough water, I'm tired before, during, and after a workout too.
Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the advice.
Will try to drink more water before workout tomorrow. My son also told me to try having a double espresso just before gym, he says that works for him.

Thanks Dukanista
I'm going to try & keep to the high protein/low carb diet whila away to limit the damage but am really looking forward to a few cocktails. I've been looking on the internet & found a few that are lower in fruit juice & sugars. (negroni, cosmopolitians & martinis)

Felt really tired this morning. The guy in the gym says it's because of not eating enough carbs. Don't know if thats a fact or not.

Hey, I didn't mean stay off alcohol during the holiday! Just that there's probably no point trying to get into 'drinking practice' before then :)

I drank on most of my holidays on dukan, but did pv every day. And I still lost weight! I went straight for the piña coladas but agree there are much better ones: mojitos or caipirinhas are usually good, and you can ask for no / less sugar.

PS Coffee before a workout does boost your metabolism and help you burn more fat, but I think it has to be early in the day.

I don't believe what the instructor says about carbs. I think many people feel more energetic on proteins. I was doing spinning and body pump on dukan last year and felt fine, but the water is important. I did cheat sometimes and have a bottle of vitamin water if I didn't eat enough before the workout. Light soy milk also good - energy as well as liquid.

Mojitos mmm love um xxx

PS Coffee before a workout does boost your metabolism and help you burn more fat, but I think it has to be early in the day.

I don't believe what the instructor says about carbs. I think many people feel more energetic on proteins. I was doing spinning and body pump on dukan last year and felt fine, but the water is important. I did cheat sometimes and have a bottle of vitamin water if I didn't eat enough before the workout. Light soy milk also good - energy as well as liquid.

I'm eating an egg sandwich while typing this & dringing a double strength coffee. will see if this ups the energy level this morning. I'm np spring chicken but at body pump some of the much older ladies use double the weight I use & do it easily!!!!Want to up my game :)
On the good side the scales say 134lbs but they lied to me last week & went back up 2 days later.
have a good day.

extra strong coffee did the trick, gym done.
baking red vetvet cupcakes for the kids!!!! resisting so far.
todays food
B- dukan egg sandwich
L- smoked salmon
D-roast chicken & veggies
3L water

The scales could be reacting to the gym, china. You sound like you've been doing really well. Glad the coffee worked!

bad girl, 2 vodkas & a cupcake last night.
worked extra hard at the gym this morning to limit the damage :)
todays food
B- oatbran porridge
L-roast beef, cauliflower mash & courgettes
D- squid with paella flavour shiritaki noodles, jerk chicken
Going shopping with DIL then a massage! Girls afternoon out!

image-4101476429.jpg

Not quite sure how to upload pics from the phone.
The pic before is the squid and shiritaki noodles that I made tonight.

Yummmm! That's making me hungry all over again.. I have to try the paella. I also saw some fantastic recipes on the barenaked (noodles) site that can be adapted for dukan.

Back