Chinese buffet... HELP!

LRB

I'm leaving my current job in a week or so and as a 'surprise' leaving do my work colleagues are taking me to an all you can eat chinese buffet. I don't want to be ungrateful and ask them to go elsewhere just for my diet's sake, does anyone have any top tips for combating Buffet's while on slimming world? What are the best dishes to go for syn wise and which ones should i avoid at all cost? I don't want to ruin my diet yet, I'm only 2 weeks in!

Thanks xx

Stick with boiled rice, don't be tempted by egg fried or anything and fill up on loads of this. Then go for thinks like chow mein, black bean sauce ect. they're low in syns. Have a good night and enjoy yourself as well.

Most chinese places have a salad bar too. Perhaps have a plate of that first to help fill you up.

Then, as Donna said, go for boiled rice - as much as you like, it's free! My favourite is chicken/beef in blackbean sauce and it's roughly 5.5 Syns per portion. Avoid sweet & sour sauces as they can be really high in Syns, as is anything fried. If you like prawn crackers, allow 1.5 Syns for every 2 you eat.

If you're still hungry after all of that, or just fancy something sweet, see if they do fruit. Most chinese buffet places do. Avoid desserts such as banana fritters and ice cream as again, these will soon rack up your Syns.

Back